40 Reviews for Color Catering

Gluten Free (1)
Bartender(s) (1)
Champagne Toast (1)
39 Color Catering Reviews

Color Catering was wonderful to work with, and Erin was the best. My daughters wedding was on the Big Island of Hawaii but I live in Michigan and she in Washington, so all of our arranging was done via email. I was very anxious about this, and was way more that pleased with the results. Everything was perfect! Erin and her crew were so nice and worked hard to make our event magical. And the food! The Lilikoi Garlic Butter Shrimp was so yummy, and the Pork Laulau was heaven, so tender. Lots of complements from guest about the pork. Thank you Erin and team!

Profile Picture Ann, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Color Catering did an amazing job for our wedding! The food was delicious and well presented. Erin and her staff were delightful to work with and she did fantastic working with our budget. The chicken (so juicy) and rolls with local butter were our personal favorites.

Profile Picture Trisha, 4/21/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

When my wife and I looked back and reviewed our wedding, we asked ourselves 'What was the best money we spent for our wedding?' Whilst we loved everything about our wedding day and all our vendors, it was immediately obvious to us that our choice to hire Erin as our caterer stood above everything else. She was an absolute pleasure to deal with throughout the process, and so accommodating. Most importantly her food was outstanding, we had so many guests comment on how good the food was. Color Caterings pricing is also very competitive and we never felt like we were overpaying, which is extremely rare when it comes to planning a wedding.

Profile Picture Gina, 3/17/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Local

Color catering was so easy to deal with, had great ideas about the meal. They arrived on time and prepared a absolute awesome meal. The presentation was outstanding and the food was delicious. Highly recommend the fruit and cheese tray. Erin and her staff were so relaxed and made all of us feel totally comfortable. We were so happy to have color catering helping us with our wedding meal.

Profile Picture Darlene, 3/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We had an awesome experience with Color Catering for our March 2017 destination beach wedding in Kona. Erin was really helpful with everything from advice on menu choices, to rental needs, to choosing other area vendors. The food and service day of also exceeded expectations!! The staff was so nice and professional and the food was really great!! The crab cakes were actually the best I've ever had and the grilled fish was also exceptional. I would recommend Color Catering to anyone!!

Profile Picture Alison, 3/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Erin at Color Catering recently catered my wedding at Kahua Ranch. I couldn't be more pleased with the experience. From the minute I met her I knew she would be a wonderful person to work with. She is kind, accommodating, easy to communicate with and we had an amazing tasting with her. The food was delicious as well as colorful, original, and beautiful. For appetizers we had ahi poke, lemongrass chicken skewers, and the most amazing quesadillas imaginable. For dinner we had an amazing tropical salad, Ono, marinated short ribs, asparagus, etc... And it was all priced for what most people will pay for a chicken Alfredo entree!!! All my guests loved the meal and I would absolutely recommend working with Color Catering!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/25/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Local, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Champagne Toast, Vegetarian

Erin and her staff were absolutely amazing!! She made me feel comfortable from start to finish, always available to answer any questions and make changes along the way. She went over and beyond anything I expected. Not only was the food displayed with beauty, color and appeal but it was absolutely delicious! I would recommend Color Catering to anyone for any occasion. Happy Momma of a happy bride :)

Profile Picture User6041007, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations

These caterers rock! We had excellent communication and Erin provided everything we needed to make for a great dinner reception. The food was delicious! They helped us set up and make everything look perfect for our simple plantation wedding. I highly recommend this caterer!

Profile Picture Melissa, 11/25/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Local, Buffet, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres

Erin was a pleasure to work with and was very flexible both before and during the event. Multiple commented on how delicious the food was! Erin went above and beyond to accommodate requested items (like pick-up of wedding malasadas; a wedding ice-cream bar) and was loving throughout the entire adventure.

The only glitch occurred after the event when members of the wedding party needed to stay after clean-up while an employee looked for their keys to their car that they had lost - a small matter in the grand scheme.

I not only had rave reviews from guests, I feel like Erin brings a personal interest and care to the event, and that she is more than a 'vendor' but a pal. Mahalo nui loa, Erin & Color Catering!

Profile Picture User5608867, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up

Erin was so great to chat with before the wedding and did not get frustrated in the least when I changed menu options and guest totals multiple times. I found her based on her awesome Yelp reviews and she did not disappoint. You rarely go to a wedding where guests comment on or remember the food but everyone was raving, especially about the Miso butterfish and the chicken. The only leftovers we had were a small amount of rice and some cheese from the fruit and cheese tray we had as appetizers. Erin provided a great luau style buffet that was perfect and affordable.

Profile Picture Rianne, 10/1/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Local, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres

So easy to work with and the food was delicious! My husband and I have gone to other weddings and sampled the food or heard horror stories of outrageous prices, and I must say, Color Catering was amazing. Erin customized and changed our menu and catered to the smallest requests, no additional cost was added, and the pricing was very reasonable to begin with compared to other catering companies we looked at on the Island. She and her staff were very punctual and professional the day of the event and the food was DELICIOUS! Presentation was beautiful as well! So many happy guests with the quality of the service and food that they provided. We are a very happy couple :)

Profile Picture User5429242, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

The food was amazing in both taste and presentation. People are still telling me how amazing the wedding for was!

The staff was friendly, polite and professional.

Profile Picture Katie, 5/28/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

All I can say is that it was amazing! My daughter had a small wedding in Kona and Erin provided her wonderful services. She was able to make everything gluten free which was a must for my daughter who has celiac sprue. The appetizers were exquisitely displayed and the steak quesadillas were a favorite. The buffet was an artistic masterpiece, the colors, the use of edible flowers, and the little touches that made everyone comment on how delicious it looked. The food was cooked to perfection. Wonderful flavors and use of natural ingredients. Erin served us a special dish of white fish that had everyone raving, even the mother of the groom who normally does not eat fish. Erin was also very flexible. She was able to hold off the dinner service an hour since the wedding was running late.
My only regret is that Erin and her crew do not live on the mainland. I would use them in a heartbeat, no questions asked!

Profile Picture Deborah, 5/9/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Erin and her staff are wonderful. We chose to go with Color Catering for our wedding because of the quality of Erin's food menus (local ingredients, all made from scratch), her professionalism and kindness, and she had very reasonable prices given the high quality ingredients and food items. Erin was a dream to deal with - always extremely kind and replied to emails and phone calls promptly. This was extremely important given that we were planning a wedding in Hawaii from Canada. All of the food (3 appetizers, 2 mains, 3 sides, dessert) was UNBELIEVABLE! Honestly, all 50 guests raved and are still raving about how incredible the food was. We could not be happier with the quality of the food and the level of service Erin and her staff (cooks, servers, bartenders) were on the day of the wedding. It was such a pleasure to have them a part of our day. We also rented plates, glassware, napkins from Erin and they were extremely reasonable compared to other companies on the Island. Thank you Erin - you are so skilled, truly amazing and such a kind, thoughtful person!

Profile Picture User4892084, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

We used Erin and her team from Color Catering for our small, intimate wedding on the Big Island of Hawaii. I highly recommend Color Catering for any event. The team was a delight to have on our wedding day...they were flexible, very fun and professional. My mom and I did not have to think about the food, the presentation or even the service at all on the wedding day because Erin's team did a great job taking care of all of that for us. They did a great job coming into the house and presenting the food to fit the atmosphere and vibe of our wedding. Most importantly, the food was absolutely delicious! All of our guests raved about the food and couldn't help but go for seconds. Overall, it was a wonderful experience to work with Color Catering and I would highly recommend them for any event.

Profile Picture User4797228, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

I was planning a destination wedding in Hawaii and found Erin very helpful over the phone and by email. She responded quickly to any questions I had and offered very useful suggestions. She was very flexible on the number of guest until the very end. The food was delicious and plentiful. The presentation was beautiful and the staff were friendly and very helpful. I would recommend her to anyone planning an event in Hawaii and would use her again.

Profile Picture Carmen, 1/23/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We picked Color Catering for our wedding in a private home in Hilo for many reasons. Erin is so professional and extremely helpful. She will help you plan your menu and setup to meet all your needs. Not only that, she went out of her way to find vendors to help us achieve the theme that we were looking for.

The result was way beyond our expectation. The service was impeccable and the food was out of this world. Our guests are still talking about how amazing the food tasted and how beautiful it was presented. If we have another event in Hilo, we will definitely ask Color Catering to do it. It is an absolute gem of Big Island. Thank you Erin for everything!

Profile Picture Julia, 11/15/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Erin and her team were amazing ! The food was great , the service was perfect !!

Profile Picture Julie, 10/8/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Erin and her crew were amazing to work with. She was very responsive and always available, and never batted an eye when I changed the guest count multiple times at the last minute. When an uncle wanted to provide a fish he had caught, she revised the menu to accommodate us as well!

The food itself was amazing! I still have guests tell me that the short ribs were the best they ever had. Every dish was too notch, with gorgeous local, organic and gluten free options. Her rates were better than most caterers of her caliber, and the fact that she was so easy to work with, flexible, and available made me feel like I was really getting more than I paid for. I will use Color Catering again for any big event!

Profile Picture User4452666, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Erin was such a pleasure to work with for our wedding. She was very responsive throughout the whole process, and very flexible with adjustments to our menu and guest count as things changed throughout our wedding planning process. The food was wonderful-- all of our guests were impressed with both the quality and the presentation of the food, and some even complimented little details like Erin's use of sustainable and biodegradable dinnerware. Color Catering was a great part of our magical day!

Profile Picture Alison, 8/31/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Color Catering was fantastic. Each dish was full of energy and rich surprises. People usually compliment the cuisine at a wedding just to be nice. Nobody could say anything about it because their mouths were full of the tasty dishes. No over cooked chicken breast or bland side of veggies.

Every appetizer, entree, and side dish will be missed. Purple sweet potatoes with a coconut lime glaze, butterfish with cilantro and miso, mac nut ginger green beans! The Chef, Erin Pasco created food that like her personality was fun and alive. Ok now I'm hungry again.

I want a lilikoi and key lime tarts now!

Profile Picture Kristen, 8/24/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Erin & Color Catering were absolutely fabulous to work with! Erin helped me create a menu that all of our guests absolutely loved. The food was delicious and everyone commented on how great the food! Everything was very fresh and was cuisine that one can't find on the mainland. It was beautifully presented and tasted just as yummy! I would highly recommend Erin & the Color Catering team!

Profile Picture Alexa, 8/23/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

I just had my destination wedding in Kealakekua in South Kona on 7/5 and Erin from Color Catering was amazing! From the very beginning when I inquired and booked her last November she was easy to communicate with and her prices are very reasonable. A lot less than the bigger catering companies like Paradise Gourmet. She will work with your budget. You may think your compromising quality but let me tell you you are not! Not only was her food absolutely delicious (especially her miso butterfish...yummy) but she coordinated the tables, chairs, linens, silverware, etc. she decorated it using the flowers I bought from the farmers market and she had about 3 people on her staff to help with my event. Service was wonderful! Tastefully presented the food and even decorated my cake! She even put things out for the kids table to keep them occupied. Erin, was also very flexible with me. I had to move the wedding time up and she was more than accommodating. Book Color Catering you won't be disappointed! My guests are still raving about the food.

Profile Picture Gigette, 7/5/14, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Picking the correct caterer is a must when planning your big day - especially if you're planning from another country! Our recent wedding was a small and intimate affair and friends and family had travelled long distances to be with us. It was very important to us to impress our guests and provide the best possible food! Erin from Color Catering was there every step of the way, helping us with every decision. She took into consideration our budget, guest allergies and preferences and created a fresh, healthy and delicious menu for our wedding. Nothing was a bother for Erin! Our guests were treated to superior customer service on the night and went home still raving about the food! We can't begin to express our gratitude for helping to make our wedding better than we could have ever expected! Thank you Color Catering!

Profile Picture Janelle, 7/1/14, 3 Reviews