Color Catering Reviews

Color Catering 1
Color Catering 2
  • Will

Will Dannemann · Getting married on 09/09/2020

"Literally the best salad dressing I've ever had" - every guest

Color Catering brought out the best tropical flavors we could have hoped for. All of the food they provided was extremely fresh and delicious, and they were willing to go above and beyond to work with us to find a menu that works with our goals and met all of the myriad dietary restrictions that our guests had. They even managed to dress up our donut dessert so that now at least a couple of our friends will be skipping wedding cake at their weddings as well. They were also extremely flexible in terms of providing tableware and miscellaneous single use items that were critical in having our cocktail hour and reception go off without a hitch.

Sent on 10/12/2019
    Color Catering 3
  • Allan

Allan · Married on 08/10/2019

Hard to improve on perfection!

Erin and her team are outstanding!!!! The praise for her food and presentation continues to stream in well beyond our wedding week!

As to specifics... Erin’s patience and persistence when it comes to getting everything just right. She, quite simply, practices in meeting all hopes and expectations and will not settle for anything less!

I would also be remiss not to mention Erin’s sharp improvisational skills. She came up with ideas that you just can’t think of when your head is spinning from putting together the three ring circus, that is most weddings. More than once and seemingly out of thin air, she created miracle work-arounds to pop-up issues, that saved me from having to take the long way around. Caterer is too curt of a title to fully encapsulate all that she brings to the table. Pun fully intended!

I’ll let the attached embarrassing photo of us speak for itself, ha!!

🌺 Mahalo nui loa, Erin!!🌸

Sent on 08/27/2019
    Color Catering 4

Color Catering's reply:

Hahaha!!!! This photo of y’all made me roll. I’m so glad to have met and helped with everything that went on the table including the improv table shuffles! I sincerely hope we can meet up in NY and my daughter is already planning our trip. 😆😆 Your wedding is one we will remember forever!!!! Aloha Alan and Alex!! Here’s to helpful humans!!!
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 12/03/2018

Amazing food!

We wish we could give more stars!!! Erin and her team were AMAZING!!!! From start to finish everything was professionally presented, exquisitely prepared, and attentive to detail. We reached out to several caterers on the island, and Erin was one of two that called us back. We selected Erin first off because her personality and we felt that she really cared about what she dose. The second reason why we chose her was her attention to the details, especially since we had some guests with extreme food allergies, including mine. She was so sensitive to that, and accommodating, which is really hard to come by with caterers.

I know many brides have taste tests, and sittings with caterers to pick menus, but we just couldn't find the time for a trip to Hawaii prior to our wedding, so we went blindly with picking a menu with her. She guided us and helped us put together the flavors and items. OH MY GOD!!! HER FOOD WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!! We are still dreaming about the ribs that she made. We travel a lot for work all over the world and eat at a lot of big name and small name restaurants, have had some of the worlds top chefs prepare meals for us, but hands down this was one of the BEST meals we have ever had. Our guests are still talking about it.

AND THE DESSERTS!!! We really are not cake fans at all, and we rarely eat sweets, but we do occasionally love a really good cheesecake. Erin and her team really delivered. She create these bite size cheesecakes that were so savory and sweet all at the same time. Just melting in your mouth. She has a baker that she partners with for wedding cakes, and wow they are amazing. There wasn't a bite left by the time we left the island.

Save yourself the trouble of looking any further and just hire Erin to cater your event, you really really won't regret it. She is the kindest, sweetest person too, and has an amazing heart and you can just taste that in the food that she creates. Mahalo Erin!

Sent on 12/13/2018

Color Catering's reply:

I'm just blown away by your response, wow!! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, and I'll for sure pass on the compliments to my dessert ladies and we LOVED working for your family. Your love, also attention to details and just presence in kindness was very sincere and heart felt! We really enjoyed every bit of it too! God bless your marriage, and life together--you are a really FUN couple, and you'll have many years of great life together. :) Yay!!! Mahalo Nui Loa, from our hearts to yours!!!

Bree Dyer · Married on 11/24/2018

SO friendly and very helpful!

What a great crew! Erin was very responsive and helpful throughout the planning process. They were totally flexible helping us figure out our drink table/bar situation. The staff were so kind the day of our wedding, both to us and guests. The food was great. We especially loved the appetizers. And oh my word - the mini cheesecakes, we're still talking about them!!! Would 100% recommend!

Sent on 12/05/2018
  • Kaily

Kaily Brown · Married on 10/16/2018

Yumm! Perfect!

All of our friends can't stop raving about the food Color catering provided for our wedding reception. We had many guests visiting from out of town and all of them said that Erins food was the best food they ate during their whole trip... and I couldn't agree more!

Erin and her team were so professional and provided all that we asked for and more! As weather didn't permit us to have a buffet style dinner outside, we were forced to have the reception indoors without any room for a buffet setup, the color catering team was very flexible and arranged for us to have a family style service. It was perfect.

Sent on 11/25/2018

Emerson · Married on 07/14/2018

Erin and her whole staff are wonderful and the food they made for our rehearsal dinner and wedding was fabulous. I've rarely been impressed by the food at weddings, but this was a legitimately amazing meal for us and nearly 90 of our most beloved friends and family. The pork imu was so good and many of my friends wanted to know the recipe for the salad dressing that was served. On top of all this Erin is a consummate professional. Emails and phone calls prior to the wedding were returned in a timely manner. Any/all of our questions and concerns were treated seriously and conscientiously and the prices were more than fair considering the quality of food and level of service we received. Planning a wedding on the Big Island is not always easy, but Erin and her team make the catering portion stress free. I recommend Color Catering without reservation!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Color Catering's reply:

Wow, I echo the depth of our experience with you and your family and incredibly fun friends from many parts of the world. It was truly an honor and pleasure!! Loved that pineapple suit!!! Still working on how to pass on the salad dressing recipe made on the fly....;)

Ann · Married on 05/12/2018

Color Catering was wonderful to work with, and Erin was the best. My daughters wedding was on the Big Island of Hawaii but I live in Michigan and she in Washington, so all of our arranging was done via email. I was very anxious about this, and was way more that pleased with the results. Everything was perfect! Erin and her crew were so nice and worked hard to make our event magical. And the food! The Lilikoi Garlic Butter Shrimp was so yummy, and the Pork Laulau was heaven, so tender. Lots of complements from guest about the pork. Thank you Erin and team!

Sent on 05/26/2018

Trisha · Married on 04/21/2018

Color Catering did an amazing job for our wedding! The food was delicious and well presented. Erin and her staff were delightful to work with and she did fantastic working with our budget. The chicken (so juicy) and rolls with local butter were our personal favorites.

Sent on 04/30/2018

Color Catering's reply:

Thank you Trish!! We loved working for you all too---and I just loved your family and friends, such wonderful people. :)

Gina · Married on 03/17/2018

When my wife and I looked back and reviewed our wedding, we asked ourselves 'What was the best money we spent for our wedding?' Whilst we loved everything about our wedding day and all our vendors, it was immediately obvious to us that our choice to hire Erin as our caterer stood above everything else. She was an absolute pleasure to deal with throughout the process, and so accommodating. Most importantly her food was outstanding, we had so many guests comment on how good the food was. Color Caterings pricing is also very competitive and we never felt like we were overpaying, which is extremely rare when it comes to planning a wedding.

Sent on 05/08/2018

Color Catering's reply:

Thank you guys, we truly appreciate this!! We equally loved our experience with you and hope your marriage memories continue to bless your hearts! It was awesome!!!

Darlene · Married on 03/08/2018

Color catering was so easy to deal with, had great ideas about the meal. They arrived on time and prepared a absolute awesome meal. The presentation was outstanding and the food was delicious. Highly recommend the fruit and cheese tray. Erin and her staff were so relaxed and made all of us feel totally comfortable. We were so happy to have color catering helping us with our wedding meal.

Sent on 05/02/2018

Alison · Married on 03/11/2017

We had an awesome experience with Color Catering for our March 2017 destination beach wedding in Kona. Erin was really helpful with everything from advice on menu choices, to rental needs, to choosing other area vendors. The food and service day of also exceeded expectations!! The staff was so nice and professional and the food was really great!! The crab cakes were actually the best I've ever had and the grilled fish was also exceptional. I would recommend Color Catering to anyone!!

Sent on 04/25/2017

Color Catering's reply:

Thank you so much Alison we really enjoyed your family and who knew you all came from the capital of Asparagus!! May God continue to enrich and bless your life and marriage together, peace be with you all!
  • Guy and Lauren

Lauren · Married on 06/25/2016

Erin at Color Catering recently catered my wedding at Kahua Ranch. I couldn't be more pleased with the experience. From the minute I met her I knew she would be a wonderful person to work with. She is kind, accommodating, easy to communicate with and we had an amazing tasting with her. The food was delicious as well as colorful, original, and beautiful. For appetizers we had ahi poke, lemongrass chicken skewers, and the most amazing quesadillas imaginable. For dinner we had an amazing tropical salad, Ono, marinated short ribs, asparagus, etc... And it was all priced for what most people will pay for a chicken Alfredo entree!!! All my guests loved the meal and I would absolutely recommend working with Color Catering!!

Sent on 07/12/2016

Erin and her staff were absolutely amazing!! She made me feel comfortable from start to finish, always available to answer any questions and make changes along the way. She went over and beyond anything I expected. Not only was the food displayed with beauty, color and appeal but it was absolutely delicious! I would recommend Color Catering to anyone for any occasion. Happy Momma of a happy bride :)

Sent on 12/10/2015

Color Catering's reply:

Karen, wow!! Thank you. I equally loved working with you, and the venue that was chosen right on the water (daylight mind in Kona) was spectacular and very easy to work within. God bless your family! I hope you folks have a blessed year in Christ together. :)

Melissa · Married on 11/25/2015

These caterers rock! We had excellent communication and Erin provided everything we needed to make for a great dinner reception. The food was delicious! They helped us set up and make everything look perfect for our simple plantation wedding. I highly recommend this caterer!

Sent on 12/02/2015

Melissa,

We are so honored to have met you all---and the karaoke afterwards was so awesome too. You were wonderful to work for, and we hope you folks had a great rest of your Big Island trip. Pahala was such a beautiful location too---our first wedding at that location, and what a gem!! You will have many happy years to come, and May God bless your family!!

Erin was a pleasure to work with and was very flexible both before and during the event. Multiple commented on how delicious the food was! Erin went above and beyond to accommodate requested items (like pick-up of wedding malasadas; a wedding ice-cream bar) and was loving throughout the entire adventure.

The only glitch occurred after the event when members of the wedding party needed to stay after clean-up while an employee looked for their keys to their car that they had lost - a small matter in the grand scheme.

I not only had rave reviews from guests, I feel like Erin brings a personal interest and care to the event, and that she is more than a 'vendor' but a pal. Mahalo nui loa, Erin & Color Catering!

Sent on 12/02/2015

Rianne · Married on 10/01/2015

Erin was so great to chat with before the wedding and did not get frustrated in the least when I changed menu options and guest totals multiple times. I found her based on her awesome Yelp reviews and she did not disappoint. You rarely go to a wedding where guests comment on or remember the food but everyone was raving, especially about the Miso butterfish and the chicken. The only leftovers we had were a small amount of rice and some cheese from the fruit and cheese tray we had as appetizers. Erin provided a great luau style buffet that was perfect and affordable.

Sent on 12/09/2015

Rianne,

You were such a wonderful group to work for, thank you very much. We wish you continued blessings in your marriage the life together!! I really appreciate your time to reflect and review our services, and I'm glad you found us to be affordable and easy to work with. All the best to you too!!

Erin

So easy to work with and the food was delicious! My husband and I have gone to other weddings and sampled the food or heard horror stories of outrageous prices, and I must say, Color Catering was amazing. Erin customized and changed our menu and catered to the smallest requests, no additional cost was added, and the pricing was very reasonable to begin with compared to other catering companies we looked at on the Island. She and her staff were very punctual and professional the day of the event and the food was DELICIOUS! Presentation was beautiful as well! So many happy guests with the quality of the service and food that they provided. We are a very happy couple :)

Sent on 09/12/2015

Color Catering's reply:

We really loved working with you folks too---your family and friends were so wonderful!!! God bless your marriage, and new life together!! Thanks again for having us cater your wedding. :)))
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 05/28/2015

The food was amazing in both taste and presentation. People are still telling me how amazing the wedding for was!

The staff was friendly, polite and professional.

Sent on 06/18/2015

Deborah · Married on 05/09/2015

All I can say is that it was amazing! My daughter had a small wedding in Kona and Erin provided her wonderful services. She was able to make everything gluten free which was a must for my daughter who has celiac sprue. The appetizers were exquisitely displayed and the steak quesadillas were a favorite. The buffet was an artistic masterpiece, the colors, the use of edible flowers, and the little touches that made everyone comment on how delicious it looked. The food was cooked to perfection. Wonderful flavors and use of natural ingredients. Erin served us a special dish of white fish that had everyone raving, even the mother of the groom who normally does not eat fish. Erin was also very flexible. She was able to hold off the dinner service an hour since the wedding was running late.
    My only regret is that Erin and her crew do not live on the mainland. I would use them in a heartbeat, no questions asked!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Color Catering's reply:

Wow~!~ Thank you Deborah, and it was an absolute delight to work with your family. I felt such kindness, and warmth from you all and it made our day of preparations that much more awesome. We would keep you guys here if we could!! Have a great trip home!!!

Ashley · Married on 03/05/2015

Erin and her staff are wonderful. We chose to go with Color Catering for our wedding because of the quality of Erin's food menus (local ingredients, all made from scratch), her professionalism and kindness, and she had very reasonable prices given the high quality ingredients and food items. Erin was a dream to deal with - always extremely kind and replied to emails and phone calls promptly. This was extremely important given that we were planning a wedding in Hawaii from Canada. All of the food (3 appetizers, 2 mains, 3 sides, dessert) was UNBELIEVABLE! Honestly, all 50 guests raved and are still raving about how incredible the food was. We could not be happier with the quality of the food and the level of service Erin and her staff (cooks, servers, bartenders) were on the day of the wedding. It was such a pleasure to have them a part of our day. We also rented plates, glassware, napkins from Erin and they were extremely reasonable compared to other companies on the Island. Thank you Erin - you are so skilled, truly amazing and such a kind, thoughtful person!

Sent on 03/20/2015

Ashley,

I am so honored for your experience!! We equally had a wonderful evening serving your family and friends at Puakea Ranch. We are so grateful for the opportunity to have been a part of your wedding day. May God enrich and bless your new marriage for a lifetime, and thank you again Ashley.

We used Erin and her team from Color Catering for our small, intimate wedding on the Big Island of Hawaii. I highly recommend Color Catering for any event. The team was a delight to have on our wedding day...they were flexible, very fun and professional. My mom and I did not have to think about the food, the presentation or even the service at all on the wedding day because Erin's team did a great job taking care of all of that for us. They did a great job coming into the house and presenting the food to fit the atmosphere and vibe of our wedding. Most importantly, the food was absolutely delicious! All of our guests raved about the food and couldn't help but go for seconds. Overall, it was a wonderful experience to work with Color Catering and I would highly recommend them for any event.

Sent on 02/17/2015

Carmen · Married on 01/23/2015

I was planning a destination wedding in Hawaii and found Erin very helpful over the phone and by email. She responded quickly to any questions I had and offered very useful suggestions. She was very flexible on the number of guest until the very end. The food was delicious and plentiful. The presentation was beautiful and the staff were friendly and very helpful. I would recommend her to anyone planning an event in Hawaii and would use her again.

Sent on 02/18/2015

Color Catering's reply:

Thank you Carmen!! It was really fun to meet y'all and the mix of Alaskans and folks from the midwest reminded me of my South Dakota family and it was truly a pleasure to serve your union!!! You have a great group of friends from around the world Carmen, God bless you and your new marriage and family. :)

Julia · Married on 11/15/2014

We picked Color Catering for our wedding in a private home in Hilo for many reasons. Erin is so professional and extremely helpful. She will help you plan your menu and setup to meet all your needs. Not only that, she went out of her way to find vendors to help us achieve the theme that we were looking for.

The result was way beyond our expectation. The service was impeccable and the food was out of this world. Our guests are still talking about how amazing the food tasted and how beautiful it was presented. If we have another event in Hilo, we will definitely ask Color Catering to do it. It is an absolute gem of Big Island. Thank you Erin for everything!

Sent on 02/21/2015

Julie · Married on 10/08/2014

Erin and her team were amazing ! The food was great , the service was perfect !!

Sent on 02/23/2015

Erin and her crew were amazing to work with. She was very responsive and always available, and never batted an eye when I changed the guest count multiple times at the last minute. When an uncle wanted to provide a fish he had caught, she revised the menu to accommodate us as well!

The food itself was amazing! I still have guests tell me that the short ribs were the best they ever had. Every dish was too notch, with gorgeous local, organic and gluten free options. Her rates were better than most caterers of her caliber, and the fact that she was so easy to work with, flexible, and available made me feel like I was really getting more than I paid for. I will use Color Catering again for any big event!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Color Catering's reply:

Thank you So much Jessica, I very much appreciate your review. May God continue to enrich, and bless your new marriage---and all the best to your new life chapter with your husband, and family. :)