Outrageous Food & Events

Kailua Kona, HI View map
4.8 out of 5 rating

Outrageous Food and Events, Big Island's premiere Private Chef, Wedding Caterer & Event Planner, Katherine Louie, is located in Kailua Kona of Hawaii. Outrageous Food and Events is fully licensed and insured (including liquor law liability), operates from a state of the art commercial kitchen which is annually approved by the Board of Health for the State of Hawaii. The culinary talents of Chef Katherine Louie of Outrageous Gourmet and Chef David Paul, founder or legendary award winning restaurant "Lahaina Grill" in Maui, features cuisines that are both visually artistic & uniquely mouthwatering while providing impeccable service to please the utmost discriminating palates. Choose Outrageous Food and Events for your Event Caterer or Personal Chef and you will experience an "Outrageous, one-of-a-kind," dining adventure of a lifetime!

Contact me for additional information via email chefkatherine@outrageousgourmet.com or via phone (808) 989-7287.

• Asian-owned
  • Woman-owned

What is the average catering price per person for plated service?

$125

What is the average catering price per person for buffet service?

$125

What is the average catering price per person for stations?

$150

What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres?

$110

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$25

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)
Champagne Toast
Signature Drink

What event services do you provide?

Delivery
Set Up
Clean Up

What catering services do you provide?

Buffet
Plated
Server(s)
Stations
Tapas

What types of cuisine do you cater?

American
Mexican
Seafood
Southwestern
Thai

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Gluten Free
Lactose Free
No Pork
Kosher
Nut Free
Organic
Vegan
Vegetarian

What bar services do you provide?

Liquor License
Bartender(s)
Champagne Toast
Signature Drink
Outside Alcohol

Which of the following items can you provide?

Chairs
Tables

Which of the following items can you provide?

Barware

4.7 out of 5 rating

• Lysandra
    Lysandra M. Married on 09/17/2021

Couldn't be Happier!!

After getting engaged on the Big Island of Hawaii in late February 2020, we made the decision that we wanted to get married in Hawaii. Before departing, we had our venue and date (September 2021) picked out but knew we couldn鈥檛 plan the wedding from New Jersey without help. After doing some research and recommendations from family, we decided to reach out to Chef Katherine at Outrageous Gourmet. Shortly after requesting a wedding consultation, Chef Katherine reached out to us via telephone. Our initial conversation lasted over two hours and by the time we hung up, we knew she was the one.
    Then COVID-19 hit, but we pushed ahead!!! We continued to plan our wedding with Chef Katherine. She stayed positive, but always had a contingency plan in the event we had to make any changes. During the early stages, we had our entire wedding day planned out, including vendor options, the menu, and everything worked within our budget. Chef Katherine has a very creative mind and was never short of suggestions or great ideas. Once we laid out the initial groundwork, all we had to do was fine tune the plan and hope that COVID restrictions would not interfere with our wedding day.
    Unfortunately, the heightened restrictions brought on by the spike in cases almost put an end to our special day. However, with Chef Katherine鈥檚 help and guidance, we were able to apply for and receive an exemption which allowed us to proceed with our wedding.
    We arrived back in Hawaii a little less than a week before our wedding. The day after our arrival, we finally got to meet Chef Katherine in person, and we hit the ground running. It felt like we knew her for ages because of all our correspondence over the last year and a half. We used the week to take care of any last-minute arrangements that could not be handled from New Jersey. Chef Katherine made sure to have time for us either in person or by phone, in case we had any questions leading up to our special day.
    On the day of the wedding, Chef Katherine not only brought her A game, but brought the A-team. From her staff to her vendor selection, it couldn鈥檛 have been a more perfect combination. We opted for a heavy pass of her gourmet pupu鈥檚, or as we know them appetizers, instead of a formal sit-down dinner. The pupus that we selected to be served were absolutely delicious. We also opted for a non-traditional cake and went with Chef Katherine鈥檚 gourmet lilikoi (passionfruit) cheesecake instead, which was to die for. She gave us the option of providing our providing our own alcohol, which we did. This option gave us the opportunity to purchase all our alcohol, minus liquor, from our favorite local Big Island brewery, Ola. The bartender served all the alcohol, including our signature drink, which was a Mai Tai Mojito combination (mai-jito), that everyone loved.
    Chef Katherine was able to work her magic and make our dream wedding come true! We couldn鈥檛 be happier with her and her team, Outrageous Gourmet. If you鈥檙e looking to have a perfect wedding or just a catered meal on the Big Island, we HIGHLY recommend Chef Katherine and Outrageous Gourmet.
    Carol J. Married on 05/02/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Katherine is a total blessing!

To explain my rating I will say I gave her a 5 star rating because there was no higher rating to give.
    I held my daughter's wedding in Kona and I live on the mainland. I was frantically trying to piece together the parts for a wedding when I stumbled across a caterer who happened to also be a wedding coordinator! What a relief! WOW! She knew exactly what was needed and guided me expertly through the whole process. Everything was coordinated and planned beautifully. I loved how she was so coordinated with the menu, the itemized list, and most especially the time line. As a pilot for FedEx I am very time oriented and it gave a great sense of security, that was not falsely placed, to see the time line. She in turned was the manager to be sure it all went according to plan. She was very friendly and communicated well. And the food was outstanding!!
    In summary, I feel that I was greatly blessed, and I am greatly honored, that I was able to procure Katherine for the event.
    P.S- This included musicians, flowers, photographers, video photographers, bar etc.

Outrageous Food & Events's reply:

Mahalo Carol for the great review. It was an honor for my team and I to be a part of your daughter, Elizabeth and John's special wedding celebration, (and for me to bake her gluten free semi naked wedding cake!). We look forward to seeing the photos from the photographer for your beautiful daughter and family.
  • Ellie
    Ellie J. Married on 05/02/2021

Very happy!

Katherine catered we wedding and made recommendations for flowers, photographers, videographers and musicians. Coming from out of state it was a relief to have everything taken care of and I cannot speak more highly of the final product. We had a beautiful wedding, thank you Katherine!

Outrageous Food & Events's reply:

Aloha Elizabeth,
    Thank you for your great review. My team and I enjoyed providing our service to create a wonderful and stress free wedding celebration for your husband John and you. Mahalo again.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

Kona Beach Bungalows Kona Beach Bungalows Hotel Weddings

We use Outrageous gourmet at many our our weddings almost exclusively. We work very closely with Katherine and she provides nothing less than 110%. She works 24/7 to take care of our property and her clients. She is professional and excellent to work with. We cannot say enough!

Tiger Jones Productions Tiger Jones Productions Wedding DJs

Amazing food, customer service, presentation and all around wonderful company to work with!

73-4800 Kanalani Street Unit 1, Unit 1 Kailua Kona, HI, 96745
Location of (Outrageous Food & Events)

Other vendors in Honolulu for your wedding