116 Reviews for cakesbylinda

Custom Design (5)
Setup (5)
Nut Free (1)
116 cakesbylinda Reviews

My cake was FANTASTIC for my wedding! Everyone commented on how pretty is was AND how delicious it tasted! I had 2 cake flavors, chocolate and lemon, with a strawberry filling and it was just incredible! I fell in love with those flavor combinations at the tasting and Linda was just great to work with! We didn't really have an idea for what we wanted our wedding cake to look like and Linda was very helpful! She had us flip through her huge binders of cakes and then we selected a bunch that we liked, then slowly narrowed it down! I would definitely recommend her if you want a delicious and beautiful wedding cake!

Profile Picture Alison, 6/3/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Delivery, Private Tastings

CakesbyLinda has high local reputation and when we visited her for a cake for our son's wedding reception, we were struck by her graciousness, creativity and openness. She carries an album full of fine examples of cakes she has made. Since our daughter-in-law had adorned a custom-designed, unique Indian wedding dress -- worthy of special mention by the New York Times -- for their destination wedding, we asked Linda to make a cake representing the dress from the picture we shared with her. She did a superb job of reproducing some fine details of the wedding dress. The cake became a special attraction during the reception. To top off, the cake was delicious with two different flavors. The cake was delivered to the site in a timely way. We were impressed with ease of doing the business with them.

Profile Picture Raksha, 8/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

She was awesome person !!! I recommend her for everyone she knows how to do it !!!

Profile Picture Karley , 6/11/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Linda's cakes are amazing. Get the orange champagne cake. It's light, fluffy and completely unique and delicious. Linda was easy to work with and you will be supporting a small business owner. Buttercream!!

Profile Picture User5159471, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

People are preparing really nice cake

Profile Picture Morgan , 10/24/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My wedding cake was one of my favorite parts of my wedding! Linda made the most fabulous cake that makes my mouth water just thinking about it! She was so patient while my mom, sister, and I poured over every picture she had in her album of cakes to decide on the perfect shape, color, flavor, etc. Once she got an idea of what I was looking for she offered ideas and variations to make my cake just perfect. She matched our wedding colors perfectly and the final product exceeded my expectations. I would recommend her cakes for any occasion, but her wedding cakes are exceptionally beautiful! I really appreciated the personal attention she gave me and her professionalism put me at ease. Thanks Linda!

Profile Picture Claudia, 10/3/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings, Nut Free

I worked with Linda through my wedding planner and was excited from the moment we walked into her home and could see all the sample cakes, smell the delicious cake, and got right into the design. I was not 100% sure what i wanted the cake to look like but i knew that i wanted it to be moist, simple, elegant and some sort of lavendar touch to match our wedding colors. After a few questions and suggestions we walked away knowing exactly what the cake was going to look and taste like and were amazed by how great the cake tasted. A few weeks later we wanted to add more cake so that we could actually have some leftover and Linda recommended that we do a sheet cake that would taste exactly the same as the cake. We had a three tier, buttercreme and fondount cake. The end result was amazing, the cake was so moist and i had many guests tell me they HAD to grab more than one slice, it was that good. Thanks Linda!

Profile Picture Cristal, 10/3/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Linda took our design and made it into a cake that left everyone in awe. We were quite specific and what may have seemed a little demanding but there was never and issue with us, only the desire to give us exactly what we wanted. The flavors blended beautifully, the colors were perfect and completing our design was flawless. We couldn't thank her enough for contributing to our very special day. Jeffrey and Mark Figuerres Ferguson

Profile Picture Jeffrey, 9/18/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

We absolutely loved our cake. It was beautiful, and so delicious!! Linda was very responsible and flexible with the delivery - she got the cake to the wedding right when the caterer needed it. We got butterscotch and almond with dolce de leche filling, and oh my goodness it was SO good! We also used the white chocolate fondant, and even though I usually hate fondant, this was pretty good. The cake was gorgeous and didn't melt or sink at all, even though it sat outside in 90 degree heat for a while before we cut it. I would definitely recommend cakes by Linda!

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/25/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We provided Linda with a photo of the cake we wanted and she did it exactly like it. Not only was it beautiful but delicious! White almond with raspberry filling--a big hit!!

Profile Picture User5205240, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Stop your search now for a baker! Our wedding cake was absolutely perfect. Many people went back for seconds and it was absolutely gorgeous. We could not have been more pleased.

Profile Picture Laura, 5/23/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I loved my wedding cake made by CakesByLinda! It was so beautiful and delicious! It turned out exactly how I wanted it too. Linda did a great job and was very easy to work with. We had the mango flavor cake for one of our tiers and my guests could not stop raving about it! Every flavor that we tried during the tasting was delicious. We can barely wait to eat our top tier (red velvet) on our 1 year anniversary!

Profile Picture User4012773, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My husband and I used Cakes by Linda for our wedding this past May, and we were wowed by our experience! Linda keeps the cake tasting process very simple, and has a picture album of her cakes to help you make a decision. Her buttercream is the best we've ever tasted, and the vanilla almond and chocolate cake are phenomenal. In fact, her cake is so good, that my husband and I made sure to tell our caterer to have some wrapped up for us in our getaway car so we could ensure we were able to enjoy some on our wedding day (aside from the quick bite during cake cutting).
We ordered both our wedding cake and a grooms cake from Linda, and both were wonderful! I 100% recommend using Cakes by Linda for any occasion!

Profile Picture Marilee, 5/15/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We are very happy that we had Linda create our cake. I am glad that my fiancé urged me to splurge and have the royal icing and the amazing icing flowers because the cake was a work of art and a wonderful addition to our wedding reception. Very elegant and delicious cake. Linda was reliable and great to work with.

Profile Picture User4067116, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our guests loved the cake. Linda offers unique variations of cake flavors such as orange champagne and butterscotch. She doesn't normally offer the filling we wanted, but was able to accommodate when we asked. The cake was moist and delicious. The exterior was beautiful. The flowers were gorgeous and detailed and the colors were dead on. We will be going to her for an anniversary cake since we ate the top layer ;)

Profile Picture User3547843, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Cakes by Linda was highly recommended and her reviews are great. Her quality of service, responsiveness and professionalism were remarkable. She is very dependable. The cake was amazing inside and out. Our wedding guest love the cake design and are still talking about the cake's great flavor and freshness. We highly recommend Cakes by Linda to anyone looking for a great designed cake that is delicious.

Profile Picture Connected, 7/26/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Linda's cakes are devine! They are to die for. She has a knack for working with you to determine what kind and type of cake you are looking for. Once you set up an appointment she will have a sampling of cakes for taste testing. Her professionalism reflects in the final product.

I recommend Cakes by Linda in Falls Church, VA to anyone who is looking for a wedding cake or speciality cake for their event.

Profile Picture Rhonda, 10/19/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I met Linda at one of those overwhelming Bridal Expos. I remember loving how her cake tasted and talking to her about fondant. She educated me that not all fondant is the same. He cake was moist and the right amount of sweet. It stuck with me. Deep down I knew that I wanted Linda to make my wedding cake. She works out of her home, but has made it over to accommodate her business. My Husband and I went for a cake tasting which she didn't charge us for. We got to pick the cake, filling, and icing and fondant we wanted to taste. It was all so yummy. We decided that my mom needed to be part of the decision. So I came back with my mom and Linda gave us another free tasting. Not only that, but she was flexible with what she could do to help us stay in our budget. She has fondant and butter-cream designs. She is very talented and her sugar flowers are AMAZING. In the end we chose the white almond flavor with chocolate mouse and butter-cream icing. She did a cascade of sugar flower orchids. She even let my Husband and I do a different flavor for our top tier. We got so many rave reviews on how good it tasted and there was none left over for us to take home. (Which made me sad) I can't wait to defrost our top layer and eat it next year! Thanks Cakes by Linda, you were wonderful!

Profile Picture Allison, 10/13/13, 2 Reviews

Profile Picture Allison, 10/13/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We did several cake tastings before deciding to go with Cakes by Linda. The cake was beautiful AND delicious!

Profile Picture User3611654, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I've had all of my momentous celebration cakes done by Linda for over 30 years, she can make any visions turn into a beautiful as well as delicious creation!

Profile Picture Sheri, 9/15/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Linda made my daughter's cake on very short notice. She made the frosting "lace" to look like the lace on the wedding gown! And the flowers on the cake were amazing. Beautiful cake and could not have been more pleased!

Profile Picture Kathy, 7/6/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Linda made my wedding cake with a personalized design to match my wedding dress! The cake was beautiful and very tasty!

Profile Picture Kelly, 7/6/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I would like to thank Cakes by Linda very much for the amazing tower cake she made for my daughter's Sweet 15. It exceeded our expectations and it was absolutely beautiful and especially delicious. The final prodcuct was better than the photo I gave her!

This was a perfect touch for everyone to enjoy! Thank you!!!

Profile Picture Eva, 6/23/13, 1 Review