Bloomfield Farms & Events Reviews

30 | Petaluma, CA

30 Reviews for Bloomfield Farms & Events

30 Bloomfield Farms & Events Reviews

Lisa · Married on 07/13/2018

Jen was our wedding coordinator for our wedding at Bloomfield Farms this past July; our guest count was about 150 people.

We chose to work with Bloomfield, and most importantly Jen, because of the flexibility we had in choosing our primary vendors. Other venues and coordinators forced us to chose from preferred lists (sometimes with options to use outsiders for added fees) which was quickly taking us over budget. With Jen, we were able to bring in whomever we wanted and do whatever we wanted, within reason of course.

As a bride-to-be, planning a wedding can be overwhelming with all of the moving pieces; although my husband and I handled a lot of the planning as we’re DIYers, we looked to Jen to make recommendations based on her experience and connect us with her network of wedding professionals. She was aware of our budget and recommended options that were reasonable, she also helped us to get creative to save money where we could. For example, she saved us on a delivery fee by combining the delivery of our rentals with the rentals if the wedding take place the day after ours.

She and I were in contact throughout the entire process, but our communication and coordination picked up as we got closer to the day. She took items off my plate like coordinating additional waitstaff, finalizing rentals and confirming the day of plan with all vendors. She was also friendly, responsive and accommodating. I would highly recommend her and her arsenal to pull off any event!

Bloomfield Farms & Events 1
    Bloomfield Farms & Events 9
    Bloomfield Farms & Events 10
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin · Married on 06/23/2018

Jen and her team were simply amazing throughout the entire planning process. When our original venue cancelled on us with just a few months until the wedding date, we were extremely lucky to find Jen and the Bloomfield Farm venue. In just a few meetings with Jen, all of our worries about relocating our entire wedding to Bloomfield were resolved. Jen was so accommodating and jumped right in to our wedding plans, helping with whatever we needed! Knowing the circumstances, she contacted all of our vendors directly and took care of the last minute planning details on such short notice. She answered all of our questions either by phone, text, or email very promptly. We always knew if we needed any help that we could ask Jen and she would provide us with an answer or solution.

Because of Jen and her team, the day went off even better than we could have imagined. The venue was spectacular and everything was so well planned and organized. It was so nice knowing we had such an amazing team setting up our venue and coordinating with our vendors, we never felt like we had to worry about anything the entire day. Jen made sure everything ran on schedule, it was so nice not to have to worry about that either! She would kindly let us know when it was time to move on to the next thing. We owe so much to Jen and her staff for making the day so unforgettable. If you want a wedding coordinator that has everything together, is very organized, and will help you have the best day ever look no further than Jen! We would highly highly recommend her! Thank you Jen for making our day so special :)

Maggie · Married on 09/03/2017

Jen and her team helped me pull off the most amazing day I could have ever imagined. My (now) husband and I looked at about 10 venues, and fell in love with Bloomfield. Choosing the right venue was the most important decision we made, and in hindsight, there is not a single thing I would have changed. Bloomfield Farms is stunningly beautiful with views from every spot on the farm. We fell in love with the ridge as a ceremony site - and loved the idea of having our wedding at a place where we could truly make the day reflect us as a couple, and allowed us to show our guests what we love about Northern California. And that barn! Wow! Oh - and also the cute little bungalows we can get ready in before are SO convenient.

Because of Jen and her team - we had that amazing day! And Jen helped us solve every bump that came along (and trust me - as a first time bride, there were definitely some bumps!). Even after the fire marshall visited, she helped us figure out how to have the ceremony site in the exact spot we wanted. Even in the middle of a heat wave - she helped our day with 144 guests come together flawlessly. And every step of the way - Jen answered my questions, provided suggestions and vendors that fit the feel that I wanted! She's more than a coordinator - she's a tremendous resource and an excellent experienced planner.

Still - 6 weeks later, I keep hearing from friends that our wedding was one of the most memorable weddings they've ever been to, and one of the most beautiful locations!

Bloomfield Farms & Events 11
    Bloomfield Farms & Events 18
    Bloomfield Farms & Events 19
    Bloomfield Farms & Events 20

Tony · Married on 11/07/2015

Jen and the team at Bloomfield are amazing! They're compassionate, helpful and truly know what it takes to create the perfect special day!

We had our wedding at Bloomfield on 10/24 this year. It was INCREDIBLE! Bloomfield was a really spectacular place to get married - the setting is stunning, and Jen was a joy to work with. I cannot stress enough how much it comes together when it's all done - the look was everything I had hoped for and more. The event ran flawlessly and the pictures coming in are just spectacular.

I cannot recommend this location enough! Everyone is still talking about how pretty the whole she-bang was. Who doesn't like cocktails and bocce??

My husband Cody and I got married at Bloomfield Farms in August of 2015 and had such a wonderful day thanks to Jen Terwilliger and her team. It was the first venue we looked and we fell in love right away. All of the vendors she recommended were top notch, and we were so happy with the results. We were able to take our creative vision and turn it into reality because of this unique and beautiful place. All of our guests said they were blown away and had never experienced a wedding like ours before. The Bloomfield Farms team was such a joy to work with and made planning much easier knowing we had them on our side. If you are not interested in a cookie cutter wine country wedding and are willing to put in the work to make it unique, I highly recommend Bloomfield Farms to make your big day what you have always imagined.

With the thought of eloping in the backs of our minds while venue hunting we came across Bloomfield Farms. From that moment on that thought never crossed our minds again.

Purely Amazing!! Bloomfield Farms was extra special on September 26th, 2015 for my wedding! From the very beginning of planning, Jen and her staff continued to go above and beyond to make sure that our day was special. Jen was always available to answer my questions and made me feel heard and important. She was instrumental in helping my wedding day to run smoothly.

The property is huge with endless options of what is happening where! There is so much natural beauty, the need for personal decorations is very minimum. There are so many great areas for pictures. Also, the flexibility regarding vendors meant that we could customize our Bloomfield Farms wedding to make it our own.

If you're looking for the perfect venue for your special occasion look no further. Not only was the venue great, but the people, the atmosphere, and the overall joy of the day was outstanding!

Joe & Tarak · Married on 08/15/2015

When we decided to get married, we quickly decided on a 'farm-to-table' theme for the wedding reception and dinner. At the same time we also wanted an outdoor venue that would work with the Hindu/Episcopalian ceremony we planned. Finally, we hoped for a venue that was large enough to have several different places on the property where the wedding, reception, dinner and dancing would be located

After looking at multiple venues across Sonoma and Napa, we were disappointed to find nothing that would work with our vision.

Then our wedding planner took us to Bloomfield. We knew immediately that it was the place to hold our special day.

Jen, the wedding coordinator on-site, and the staff were terrific from the start. She is top of her game in making sure everything runs smoothly and that all the components come together. Her staff is most competent and are not only able to handle all the details with aplomb, but also most welcoming and gracious to our guests on the day of the wedding.

Besides a great wedding coordinator and her staff, the site is incomparable. Bloomfield is a beautiful space with multiple locations on the property for the various components of the wedding. And, the venues are interesting and varied.

We held our wedding on the bocce ball court (and it worked out great). Had access to tent cabins for prep and photos. Used the greenhouse for our reception and had a perfect dinner on the sweeping field at the top of the property. Finally, we held a beautiful dance in the barn.

We received feedback form many guests that this was the most beautiful wedding they had attended. I credit these rave reviews, in large measure, to the wedding planning by Jen, the execution by her staff and the spectacular venue that is Bloomfield.

It is with our highest recommendation that we suggest couples consider Bloomfield as their venue for a wedding.

We fell in love with Bloomfield the moment we laid eyes on the farm. We had been looking for a working farm that was prepared for a party of 100+ (which I hadn't realized would be so hard to find) and Bloomfield was exactly what we had hoped for. Jen and her team were wonderful to work with. We did much of the planning ourselves, but Jen was fantastic at working with vendors, providing advice, and making sure everything went smoothly on the day of. We couldn't have done it without her and her lovely assistants.

As for the venue, the tents were perfect for gathering with close friends and family prior to the wedding and had everything we needed to get ready, the views from the top of the hill are perfect for a ceremony, and the barn with an outdoor seating area and fire pit was spectacular. And, of course, Wilbur, the charismatic mini-horse, was a delight for kids of all ages. Our guests all raved about how beautiful the location was and how special the day felt.

We are so happy to have found this incredible spot and absolutely recommend Bloomfield to any couple wanting an elegant, farm wedding in Sonoma.

We were married at Bloomfield in April 2015 and I just can't say enough good things about it. Not only is the location absolutely stunning but the staff are fantastic to work with. Jen went above and beyond to make all of our wedding dreams come true. Her enthusiasm and attention to detail made the entire planning process so much fun.

Our wedding, like many, had a few issues that arose over the course of the event. They were mistakes that we made in the planning but Jen took charge of the situation and handled everything flawlessly so we wouldn’t have to worry about it on our special day. So many of our friends said it was the best wedding they had ever been to.

Bloomfield Farms really is the perfect place to start your new life together.

Steve · Married on 10/03/2014

We loved every moment at Bloomfield. The site was amazing! We had our ceremony overlooking the hills and our reception in the barn. I would recommend this to everyone.

Bloomfield made our wedding day nothing short of magical. It was the second venue we saw & just upon driving in my husband & I knew this was where we were getting married. It was exactly what we wanted: rustic, organic, Sonoma County, barn, animals, open, unadulterated beauty. We were married at the top of the hill overlooking farmland & it couldn’t have been more breathtaking. We had our cocktail hour at the base of the hill next to the chicken coop followed by dinner & dancing in the barn. As a wedding coordinator, this property was a dream come true for me because it has so much flexibility & possibility! Jen is the perfect balance of professional and mellow. She allowed us to create our dream wedding and was a calming presence the whole way through. All day, my husband & I kept looking at each other with stupid grins saying, “Can you believe this?!” Everything about it was incredible. We had our rehearsal dinner outside the greenhouse which couldn’t have been a more perfect setting, overlooking the farm and the gardens. If you aren’t scared of a little creativity and are looking for a place to make your own “organic farm chic” paradise, this is your place. Don’t take this on without a coordinator – it’s a big beautiful location and a coordinator will help you to navigate it and enjoy your big day! Bloomfield Farms is a hidden gem in Sonoma County but won’t be for long!!

Utterly beautiful backdrop, perfect location for any event. Memorable!

Christina · Married on 09/27/2014

Perfect backdrop for the most amazing wedding ever! Everyone at Bloomfield was so kind and caring, attention to detail is spot on, wonderful experience! I recommend setting up a tour with the Jennifer, Bloomfield's star wedding producer. You will fall in love with Bloomfield Farms.

I can't give Bloomfield Farms enough superlatives....lovely grounds, stunning vistas, authentic barn and most of all incredibly warm and accommodating event planner, Jennifer. I am so happy that my daughter and son-on-law chose to have their wedding at Bloomfield.

Joy · event on: 10/06/2013

All I can say is there is no where better to get married! After having our wedding cancelled in Yosemite due to the government shutdown, the staff at Bloomfield Events managed to not only get our wedding together in 4 days, but make it beyond my dreams. (Here is the video about our plight http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/san-leandro-yosemite-wedding-plans-thrown-into/vCDtxH/ )Bloomfield is so gorgeous and the setting was ideal. EVERYONE at our wedding has commented on what a beautiful venue Bloomfield is. Please feel free to look at pictures on their website. My wedding was Joy and Adam.The barn is rustic, and once you add the lighting - it looks like nothing you've ever seen. Megan, the creative director put so many small, yet amazingly personal touches. She even bought a basket of fresh veggies that she placed by the firepit that just completed the whole look of the day.We had a smores bar and my 70 year old mother-in-law said that was her favorite part!Caley's garden is unbelievable and he was so attentive to our wedding party. He even drove the vintage Ford Truck up to the greenhouse so we could pose with pictures. Jennifer, the Event Director was amazing at every step of the way. She acted as a go-between with all the vendors and I think she knows EVERYONE in Petaluma/Sonoma area. Her contacts were integral and I felt so comfortable with her leading the way with her ideas. Every vendor knew her personally and returned my calls in a timely manner and I'm sure it's because of Jennifer's good relationships with them. I'm pretty sure she was also a counselor for us as she kept us calm and on track the whole day.Here is a link to the video of our special day...I can't imagine it anywhere else!http://on.aol.com/video/the-shutdown-shuts-down-wedding-at-yosemite-517960339Did I mention they put this all together in FOUR DAYS??!! I am truly grateful that we were able to have our amazing day at Bloomfield Events and will NEVER forget what a wonderful day it was

Rachael · Married on 06/28/2014

A beautiful venue with wonderful, helpful staff! They made my wedding day a dream come true!!

Sarah · Married on 06/21/2014

My husband and I were married here in June and it was literally the most beautiful wedding that anyone had ever seen. Our guest were walking around with huge grins on their faces the whole time. Nobody could believe we were in this enormous, golden field in the middle of nowhere with perfect weather and a perfect sky. You couldn't take a bad picture. We got married up on the highest part of the land, in the afternoon, and as we descended down a dirt road to our tent, ahead of our guests, we looked back up to see people coming down the path and it looked like something out a Terrence Malick film. We had little girls running around with white parasols and hula hoops and Mexican food. Nobody wanted to leave. We had switched locations at the last minute because our first site was a disaster and the woman who runs this site, Jen, could not have been more gracious and helpful at a time when we were pretty stressed and desperate. We fell in love we her and her son. I promise you, I'm a very discerning person with incredibly high standards and this place exceeded all of them.

joy · Married on 10/06/2013

All I can say is there is no where better to get married!

After having our wedding cancelled in Yosemite due to the government shutdown, the staff at Bloomfield Events managed to not only get our wedding together in 4 days, but make it beyond my dreams. (Here is the video about our plight http://www.ktvu.com/videos/news/san-leandro-yosemite-wedding-plans-thrown-into/vCDtxH/ ).

Bloomfield is so gorgeous and the setting was ideal. EVERYONE at our wedding has commented on what a beautiful venue it is. Please feel free to look at pictures on their website under Joy and Adam.The barn is rustic/shabby chic, and once you add the lighting - it looks like nothing you've ever seen.
    Megan, the creative director put so many small, yet amazingly personal touches. We had a smores bar by the outdoor firepit and my 70 year old mother-in-law said that was her favorite part! Caley's garden is unbelievable and he was so attentive to our wedding party. He even drove the vintage Ford Truck up to the greenhouse so we could pose for pictures.

Jennifer, the Event Director was amazing at every step of the way. She acted as a go-between with all the vendors and I think she knows EVERYONE in Petaluma/Sonoma area. Her contacts were integral and I felt so comfortable with her leading the way with her ideas. Every vendor knew her personally and returned my calls in a timely manner and I'm sure it's because of Jennifer's good relationships with them. I'm pretty sure she was also a counselor for us as she kept us calm and on track the whole day.Here is a link to the video of our special day...I can't imagine it anywhere else !http://on.aol.com/video/the-shutdown-shuts-down-wedding-at-yosemite-517960339

Did I mention they put this all together in FOUR DAYS??!! I am truly grateful that we were able to have our amazing day at Bloomfield Events and will NEVER forget what a wonderful day it was!

• W

Wendy · Married on 06/01/2013

Jennifer and crew offered creative ideas, unique and delicious food and wonderfully original and fun suggestions. Throughout the planning, she had a lot of input from many different (and often difficult to please) people, and she managed us all beautifully with a sense of humor and a confidence that kept me worry free and on budget. And in the end, success! The site looked magical, everyone was relaxed, we kicked up their heels and had a blast. Everything was simply breathtaking. It was a day and night that none of us will ever forget. Kudos to all. I couldn't have done it without you.

Wendy Gaus, Santa Rosa, CA

Sent on 08/30/2013

Bloomfield Farms & Events's reply:

Thank you Wendy. You have a lovely group of friends and family, and working with all of you to create your day was a highlight. Keep in touch! Jen

cathy · event on: 09/14/2012

Another great job! I can always count on you and your team, regardless of deadline or scope. Thank you my friend!

Cathy Chuplis, Sr. Director, Corporate Communications, LS&CO.

Sent on 08/30/2013

Bloomfield Farms & Events's reply:

When I think back on all the amazing events we've produced for Levi's, you and I, I get shivers. Some pretty spectacular extravaganzas!!! You get my creative juices flowing! Thank YOU for all the work. Jen

Victoria · event on: 09/05/2013

Jennifer is a pleasure to work with and my absolute go to for all things event related. She is a pro in all areas. She is thorough, easy going & never gets her feathers ruffled no matter what the ask. I would and do recommend her for events regardless of size or level of complexity.

Sent on 09/05/2013

Bloomfield Farms & Events's reply:

Thank you Victoria. Working with Wieden + Kennedy Ad Agency has been one of the highlights of my career. I appreciate your support!

Dasha · Married on 06/03/2017

Bloomfield Farms is without a doubt the most beautiful, unique, and special place to hold a personalized, unforgettable wedding (lots of adjectives, I know, but it's true!). It took a while to convince my traditional Russian Jewish parents that a rustic farm near Petaluma was the perfect place to hold our wedding, but to this day, several months after the wedding, all they can say is that it was the best decision we made.

Bloomfield gave us the freedom to make every single aspect of our wedding completely personal - the food, decorations, ceremony, drinks - literally everything was unique and special. On the day of our wedding, which happened to be a PERFECT day in June that could not have been more beautiful, I literally could not stop thinking about how strikingly beautiful the site was. It was obviously gorgeous during all our site visits and rehearsals and meetings with Jen, but when it was actually fully decorated and full of guests, it literally took my breath away.

I've been to many weddings since then, but honestly nowhere comes close to this venue, and to this day, people repeatedly tell me that our wedding was the most personal, unique, and fun wedding they have been to.

Not only this, but Jen is an absolute superstar. The woman probably spent hundreds of hours making sure everything about our day was perfect - the level of personalized coordination she provides is seriously worth every penny of the coordinator fee. I heard lots of stories from other friends about subpar coordinators, but Jen is just a gem and knows EVERYTHING.

We used the town of Bodega Bay about 20 mins away as our jumping off point for the weekend, and it was absolutely magical.

Emily · Married on 10/01/2016

Jen provided my husband and I with support, understanding and a wonderful sense of humor throughout our planning process at Bloomfield! We are both from the Midwest and were planning this wedding on our own and so we leaned a lot on Jen for advice, feedback, and honest problem solving. We always felt heard, that our priorities and needs were seen and all of Jen's help and hard word resulted in a magical and no stress wedding day! I would highly recommend Jen and the Bloomfield team to anyone looking to host their wedding or event! She is creative, helpful, and always available, and a funny amazing person to spend time with!