Bittersweet Bake Shoppe Reviews

2 | Tyngsboro, MA

2 Reviews for Bittersweet Bake Shoppe

Christopher · Married on 10/31/2015

First off let say that this bake shop is a diamond in the rough. It's a small shop off the side of the road in a small shopping center. I must have driven past it hundreds of times and never even gave it a second thought until my wedding planning came about. Now I stop in regurlarly just to say hi to Lynn, the owner, or Sarah, the assistant baker. While I'm there I often buy something for my now wife, my daughter, and myself. Our tastes vary greatly, and we often share what we have to sample the different things we that are made at this unique shop. She makes everything from sweets, which are mostly what is made there, to the savory ham and provolone croissants. I can honestly say that I have never had anything from this bake shop that was not absolutely esquisite. Her prices are exceptionally reasonable while never sacrificing any level of quality. She helped us every single step of the way over the two year process of planning this wedding. She made suggestions without ever being pushy about selling us more than we wanted or needed. She even provided delivery and set up at a very reasonable cost. We wanted cupcakes for our wedding and one small cake for the cutting ceremony. She happily obliged without a second thought the decorations were spectacular as well as the presentation. The four flavors we wanted were chocolate, vanilla, sea salt caramel, and raspberry with lemon filling. All four flavors were precisely what we wanted, and the small cake for the cutting ceremony was delicious as well. She treated us like friends, and even after the wedding I will regularly go there for a treat or two or three. Any other functions we have such as birthday parties, vow renewals, anniversaries, and such I will definitely go to this bake shop without a second thought. Even if you were to go elsewhere for the your event I would at least suggest going in just to try what they have. I guarantee that you will change your mind and have them cater for you cake.

Sent on 11/02/2015

Kathy · Married on 03/30/2013

Lynne is a great person to work with. I gave her a picture of how I wanted my 4 tier wedding cake to look and she did exactly that except better! All of her baked goods are extraordinary, I try really hard to stay away because every time I go there I leave with a bagful of goodies, you know what they say "A moment on the lips is a lifetime on the hips."
    Also she made the truffles for my favors at the wedding, everyone asked where they were from because they were amazing. I hope Lynne that you gained some new customers from my special day. And of course I will be using your bake shoppe again, as I always go there for any cake or baked good I need!

Sent on 04/18/2013