American Legion Post 177 Reviews

Fairfax, VA
Rating 4.8 out of 5, 6 Reviews
View more information

Jessica Married on 10/22/2011
    My husband and I had our wedding reception at the American Legion this past weekend and it was absolutely wonderful! The coordinator, Jason, was excellent during the entire process with providing me information and answering my millions of questions. He was also great with providing ideas, such as how to layout the room best. All of our guests loved the food and my husband and I appreciated having a lot of really good options to choose from. We also appreciated that the prices for the food was very fair and the quality was excellent. We decided to order two kegs and offer the five choices of wine that the American Legion offers, and we also supplied our own liquor. They supply all of the mixers as well. The prices for alcohol, mixers, and non-alcoholic drinks was excellent and allowed us to offer an open bar during the entire event while keeping our budget in check.

The space at the American Legion is great and offers a lot of opportunities to add your own decorative touch depending on the theme and colors of your wedding. We rented out both sides of the Legion, which allowed us space for cocktail hour and for some of our older relatives and friends with kids to relax once the music got louder in the later part of the evening in the main space. There is also an outside space with a covered balcony. There are also multiple hotels near the American Legion that offer a great block rate, and can also offer a shuttle to and from for guests of the hotel. We used the SpringHill Suites at the recommendation of Jason and all of our guests said that the hotel was very nice.

If you are looking for a space for a wedding reception I would highly recommend scheduling a time to see the space with Jason. There is no way you can beat the price anywhere in Northern Virginia and get the same quality of food, drinks, space, and service. All of the staff at our event were very professional and friendly and really made our big day even better. I would definitely recommend having a wedding reception at the American Legion Post 177 and will contact Jason again if we ever needed space for another event in the future.
    Viviane Married on 03/14/2009
    I had a awesome time during my wedding. Everything was so perfect. The food was great, the room was beautiful, exactly as I wanted. Jason is a professional, he was flexible about everything I wanted and he gave me awesome advice to make my wedding even more perfect.

Rob & Vi Moreland
    Rachel Married on 10/06/2007
    We had a wonderful time at this venue. Jason was professional and attentive, and extremely flexible when we wanted to change our plans about certain aspects of the reception. The hall is a beautiful blank slate for you to do a lot of your own decorating, and you are usually allowed in even the night before the wedding to set up your decorations. This is one of the only halls in the area that accommodates over 200 people that ISN'T a pay-per-head hotel. We were able to save a huge amount of money by going with this hall. Highly recommended!!
  • User2520494 2+ years ago
    Beautiful hall! I used American Legion Post for one of my wedding events in December. Mike, the banquet hall manager, was very helpful and responsive--we asked to come see the hall twice when we were deciding on a venue, and he was very responsive when we were coordinating all the little details--the caterer, decorator, timing etc. Very helpful and answered all of our questions. The hall is also easy to get to and has ample parking.
    Christine Married on 05/22/2010
    Our wedding reception was fabulous. People RAVED about the food. The value for the cost is out of this world! Jason was helpful. We dressed up the Legion and it looked fantastic. I highly recommend this venue to anyone on a budget.
  • Ashlee
    Ashlee Married on 09/15/2012
    The American Legion Post was the perfect wedding venue. Once you get inside you find a beautiful ballroom, no need to decorate really, it is already so nice! There is a perfect side room next to this room. We used it for the ceremony and then flipped the space for the photo booth. The staff is friendly and flexible. The only issue I found, was it was a little tricky to get in touch with our contact, but we later found out he was tranistioning out and this was why. The day of I had no concerns, the room was set and beautiful. They had so many little touches they added. The value for the price is INCREDIBLE and unheard of in the Northern Virginia area. The food was amazing!! I still have friends who are talking about the chicken wings during cocktail hour! Check them out, they are definately a venue worth visiting!