$5k-$8k
Guest Capacity

About Samuel Riggs IV Alumni Center

Your Premier Wedding and Event Venue

"Stylish & Sophisticated" venue with 5-Star service

Elegant venue in a convenient location only minutes outside of Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD.

Picture-perfect details include marble floors, fireplace, grand staircase,  stained-glass ocular, and lush garden surrounding a crystalline fountain which is ideal for your outdoor ceremony.

All-inclusive (& affordable)  wedding packages designed to make the day you always dreamed of beautiful.

The Riggs Alumni Center is beautiful by design but our dedicated staff & superb service is why you'll truly fall in love with us!  We are open to the public, not only alumni.

Categories: Wedding Venue, Rehearsal Dinner

Outside Cake (1)
Plated (1)
Server(s) (1)
Signature Drink (1)

I knew I wanted to use this venue a couple years prior to my wedding. I was a part of an event inside the stunning ballroom. This venue is not only aesthetically pleasing, it is extremely affordable with a great package compared to other local venues. I got so many compliments on both my event and the Samuel Riggs IV Alumni center. One of my guests even inquired about planning her 65th birthday there. In addition to my wedding, my baby shower was held here a year prior. If I need to plan another event, this venue would be my first choice AGAIN. The staff, specifically Sienna (Event Sales Coordinator) and Ali (Event Manager), were very professional and AMAZING to work with.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Charisse, 12/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Parking

The Alumni Center was the perfect place to host our wedding. The staff was incredibly helpful and patient with our many requests for additional amenities. The price was quite reasonable given the extent of the space we were given: in addition to the ballroom segment, you also get the entire atrium, rotunda, and patio reserved for the entire 8 hours of the reservation. The spaces are open and so gorgeous, we didn't even need to decorate besides a few flowers. We easily fit our 100 guests in this space (garden for the ceremony, 1 ballroom segment for the reception) and could have fit a few dozen more. We couldn't recommend this space enough for your ceremony and reception.

Profile Picture Emily, 10/15/17, 6 Reviews

Photos & Videos

44 Photos

Your Wedding Day

22 Photos

Time to walk down the aisle

8 Photos

2 VIDEOS

Samuel Riggs IV Alumni Center: Wedding Venue Video
3:30 minutes

3D Tours

11 ENDORSEMENTS
We've partnered with the Riggs Center for bridal expos in the past. Amazing staff, super organized, and a great layout for weddings and special occasions. We highly recommend!

What a lovely space for your event! The staff at Riggs Alumni Center provides excellent service for you as you plan your event. We are so pleased to be partners with such a professional group! Take a look and you will find a great venue!

Jessica Roberts, at the Samuel Riggs IV Alumni Center, on University of Maryland is a Great asset to this venue. Her promptness and professionalism is beyond words. I recommend this venue to anyone who's looking to have a successful, elegant event.

We've had wonderful experiences working at the Samuel Riggs Building over the past few years. I really can't say enough great things about this venue and their amazing staff! I would definitely recommend them for your wedding, Corporate event, or graduation party!

84 PROS I KNOW

College Park, MD 20724
map
Cost
$15
Come see why the Riggs Alumni Center is the perfect location for your upcoming wedding! Take a tour with our professional event managers, meet our experienced vendors and sample food from our approved caterers.

University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742   See On Map
301-405-9756 (phone)
Samuel Riggs IV Alumni Center is a wedding venue from Washington, DC servicing weddings throughout the local area, including Washington, DC, Baltimore, and Northern Virginia. Samuel Riggs IV Alumni Center is a professional wedding venue that has been part of the Washington, DC wedding industry since 2005 specializing in Washington, DC weddings.