1815 S Westside Dr #2068, Hacienda Heights, CA 92805 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About Kelli Shawn Brides

What sets me apart from other wedding hair stylists and makeup artists?

As a licensed cosmetologist with the background of fundamental hairstyling and makeup artistry, I have a passion for visualizing every woman’s natural beauty and enhancing her best features.

I choose to style hair + apply makeup in a beautiful, believable way with the durability to last throughout the day and night! To create her customized look, all of her wedding and lifestyle details are taken into account.

As part of my service, I create a customized beauty timeline. This ensures quality service + keeps the getting ready atmosphere stress-free.

What areas do you serve?

I am centrally located between LA County & Orange County! Although I am based in Orange County area, I regularly serve the greater Los Angeles area,and am available to travel within and outside of Southern California. Travel fees may apply.

Can you accommodate large bridal parties?

Subject to artist scheduling and availability, I may be able to accommodate any size group for hair and makeup services! The initial email correspondence, along with your wedding details, will determine how many artists your group will need.

Follow Kelli Shawn Brides on

Kelli Shawn Brides 3
Kelli Shawn Brides 4
Kelli Shawn Brides 5

Tyler Dornenburg · Married on 09/15/2019

Would hire Kelli for any and every special event

Kelli is the perfect hair and make up artist to hire for your big day!

I’m so happy I was referred to Kelli. I live in San Francisco but planned a wedding in Los Angeles so coordinating vendors in a different city wasn’t the easiest process, but Kelli managed to make everything seamless. Her questionnaire allows you to speak to your initial vision for your big day, as well as your overall inspiration, and her client portal keeps everything organized so either of you don’t lose track of emails, appointment dates, questionnaire’s, payments, etc. During the trial, Kelli was thoughtful and really took the time to help me figure out what I wanted my look to be since I still didn’t have a clear vision.

On the day of, Kelli and her team really went above and beyond and fit in with the bridal party so easily! My bridesmaids and my moms all looked beautiful and couldn’t stop raving about how great Kelli and her team were. I could not be happier with the way my hair and make up turned out, and how fun the entire getting ready experience was thanks to Kelli!

Sent on 10/08/2019

Jen L · Married on 08/31/2019

Professional and insanely talented

I hired Kelli a year in advance for my wedding in late August 2019, and honestly she is one of the best investments you can make for your big day. She's not only an incredible professional artist, but also an overall wonderful human being.

Since I live 5 hours away (from where I was getting married), so I didn't get to meet Kelli until roughly 3 months out from my wedding date for my hair and makeup trial. And after our session, I knew I made the right decision. She really listened to what I wanted, liked, and disliked. She also taught me how to take care of my skin, so come wedding day, I'd be glowing. She showed me that even with heavy, thick Asian hair, long lasting up-dos are more than possible (my last updo experience with another artist was awful, fell flat in 1 hour). Kelli also includes a number of questionnaires for you to fill out for not only yourself, but others as well to get to know your and their styles, vision, and also any allergies (really important!!!). She's also one of the few artists that use traditional makeup, instead of airbrush (I am NOT a fan of at all). She uses only the best quality products on you, and it WILL last you well past your wedding/event. Everyone who had their hair and makeup done on my wedding could not stop raving about the longevity of their makeup and hairstyle.

Her talent in makeup and hair transcends age, gender, skin type, skin tone, etc. She did hair and makeup for myself the bride (combination oily and dry olive-skin, and very straight heavy medium length hair), my bridesmaids (light skin, color treated hair-various lengths), my husband and my Man-of-Honor ( who both have oily skin and short thick hair), my father (very elderly, and senior skin with thinning hair), and my mother (darkish senior skin prone to breakouts with suns-spots and very thick-heavy hair). So as you can see, she had to deal with a spectrum of skin and hair types, and every time someone sat down on the chair, she adapted and adjusted to that specific individual's needs, and how to best bring out his/her best features. On top of that...everyone was asking for something different in their makeup look, and hairstyle. Looking back, I'm pretty sure we threw every curve ball we could at her that day lol, and she handled it with gusto. And as mentioned before, she's a great listener and communicator. And if you're uncomfortable with something, she'll stop immediately, and ask you to take a look, and if want it removed.

Time wise, she had to get through 8 of us on the day of, and she was able to finish on-time by our scheduled time of 1:15 pm. She had one assistant, Meghan, with her to help, so shout-out to you too Meghan! You were phenomenal! We started at 8 am, and they bulldozed through with no breaks. There were lunches available for them to eat, but they politely declined and wanted to focus on getting us all done in time. I can't tell you the number of times, I've had artists go over by 1-2 hours, leaving me frantically rushing to get to where I needed to be and/or showing up late. Kelli has a impeccable command of your timeline and how much float to include to be able to anticipate and avoid the typical pitfalls of poor time management. Thank you so much Kelli for being a part of our big day! :)

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Marissa

Marissa and Paul · Married on 08/04/2019

Quality Wedding Hair and Makeup Artist at a Great Value!

I first found out about Kelli from my wedding planner. Initially I had chosen another h&m artist for my engagement shoot because that artist had more Asian clients in her portfolio and I was concerned about having a makeup artist who was familiar eye makeup for Asian faces. Wedding vendors can be so expensive nowadays, but I realized that you really do get what you pay for and Kelli is definitely worth her prices and she provides a quality of service that any bride would hope to receive during her big day. MAN I WISHED I HAD CHOSEN KELLI FROM THE START!

Email exchanges were smooth and she is highly responsive and professional. She come to my home (for a travel fee) and did my trial for my bridal shower back in June 2019. She was so easy to talk to, friendly, understanding, and really listened to my concerns/requests- she's everything you could hope for in a wedding hair and makeup artist. She is truly talented at using makeup to showcase YOUR natural beauty (just look at her portfolio!). Also, she doesn't rush and really takes her time to ensure that her clients feel comfortable, the the makeup feels good on them, and really knows how to calm a crazy anxious bride down when they are freaking out on their wedding day.

On the actual wedding day, Kelli was very attentive to my friend and mother's requests. My mom (who is 77) is one of the pickiest people I know and she was so happy with the way her makeup turned out. For me, I received so many compliments on my hair and makeup and it stayed ALL NIGHT! It was a hot and bit humid while I was dancing and running around all over the place, but it didn't matter. The makeup didn't budge yet it felt so lightweight on my face! While we did run a few minutes over on the timeline for the makeup, it wasn't a problem. She has so much attention to detail and knows how to stay calm and flexible for the wedding day craziness. I love that she make me look and FEEL beautiful, especially because I chose to wear my normal glasses on my wedding day. I felt like she highlighted the best features of my face, while still keeping a natural glow!

Do yourself a favor and hire her for your big day. And definitely do the trial as it allows you to to express your tastes and concerns and test out what look is best. It's an investment! But it's worth the money and coming from a frugal person like, that is saying something. You won't regret working with Kelli.

Kelli Shawn Brides 6

Kelli Shawn Brides Pricing

Kelli Shawn Brides Price Rates

Kelli Shawn Brides FAQ

$ 15.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes?
  • Which of the following are included in prices?
    Assistant Fee
    Consultation
  • What beauty services do you offer?
    Consultations
    Group Services
    Hair
    Makeup
    Men's Grooming
    Mult. Stylists
    Licensed
  • What hair services do you offer?
    Blowouts
    Extensions
    Updos / Styling
    Hair Trial
    On-Site Hair
  • What makeup services do you offer?
    Airbrush Makeup
    Contour Makeup
    Natural Makeup
    On-Site Makeup
    Wedding Party Makeup
    Makeup Trial
    Fake Lashes
  • What is the maximum group size you can accommodate?

• 1815 S Westside Dr #2068 Hacienda Heights, California, 92805 See on map