5145 Morningside Lane, Ellicott City, MD 21043 Map · Phone number

About Isabel Donnelly Bridal Alterations

I have been in business since 1992, and I am proud to provide customers with high-quality sewing services.

I want you to look your best on your special day. My bridal alterations and sewing services have been used by thousands of customers over the past 20 years. Located in Ellicott City, my shop is on the border of Columbia and is a few mintues from Elkridge and Catonsville; although, customers travel as far as Germany, New York, Philadelphia, Virginia Beach and Richmond for fittings and alterations.

Please google my first and last name, my reputation speaks for itself. I do not run an off-the-rack operation; but I can take an off-the-rack bridal dress and have you look like your wearing a custom-made dress. I get many requests for veils as well. My services are in high demand, so please book early. All work is completed in my shop, mostly by hand. There are many requests for multiple dresses for bridal parties both wedding and reception.

Did your Mom save her dress for you? Do you have plans to save your dress only for it to remain in a box and never used? If you don't re-sell but want a family heirloom, use the material the first baby's baptismal gown and bonnet. I'm proud to say I had joyful experiences with christening gowns as well.

Let's talk and I'll be happy to help you! My number one service is lowering the anxiety level of my brides (and sometimes the bride's Mom). I'll do my part to ensure you look your very best to enjoy the special day!

107 Reviews for Isabel Donnelly Bridal Alterations

Isabel Donnelly Bridal Alterations 5
Isabel Donnelly Bridal Alterations 6

Rachel · Married on 11/17/2018

A Perfect Fit!

I'll preface this with the following caveat: Isabel Donnelly is not cheap. If you're looking for an inexpensive tailor, look elsewhere. But Isabel will give you an honest quote upfront — I recommend doing a $35 consultation before starting the tailoring process if you're concerned about the price — and she won't increase the price halfway through the process unless you significantly change what you're looking for. The bottom line: You get what you pay for. Isabel's skills with a dress are absolutely magic.

I came in with a dress that was more than two sizes too big in some places, and it had a delicate illusion back that made alterations difficult. I was so unhappy with the fit that I was ready to buy a new dress. By the end of the alteration process, my dress looked like it had been custom made for me and I was absolutely in love with it.

Isabel was a pleasure to work with. She advised me on whether specific changes would be wise, but also listened to all of my concerns, always telling me that ultimately everything was my choice. When all was said and done, I was so glad she had talked me out of certain changes and into others. Above all, she was patient, even when I was indecisive about my shoe choice. My final fitting was a few weeks before my wedding, so Isabel told me that if I got nervous about the dress between then and the wedding, I could come try the dress on again. When I inevitably did, she was nothing but kind and understanding.

If you can afford the money, you won't regret hiring Isabel.

Isabel Donnelly Bridal Alterations 7
    Isabel Donnelly Bridal Alterations 8
    Isabel Donnelly Bridal Alterations 9
    Isabel Donnelly Bridal Alterations 10
    Isabel Donnelly Bridal Alterations 11
    Isabel Donnelly Bridal Alterations 12

Morgan · Married on 05/26/2018

She was overall amazing! I am so thankful I found her to work on my wedding dress! She did a fabulous job and was very efficient! I can’t wait to refer people to her. Her place was always clean and I felt more than comfortable to leave my wedding dress there. I will for sure keep in touch with her and see her again!

• Katie

Katie · Married on 12/02/2017

Isabel is incredible. She was so kind from the moment my mom and I stepped in the door, and you can tell she genuinely cares about her work and how you feel about your dress. I couldn't be happier about how my dress fits, she truly is so amazing and talented, and such a sweet person too! Thank you Isabel :)

• 5145 Morningside Lane Ellicott City, 21043 See on map
    4107506734 (Other Phone Number)
    Call for Appointment