1791 Warrenton Rd, Fredericksburg, VA 22406 Map · Phone number

About Hartwood House Special Events Venue

Hartwood House is a beautiffuly restored fedreal styled home located right off of U.S. 17 in Hartwood Virginiga.Built in the first quarter of the 19th century this special events venue portrays unique archetectual qualities balanced out with modern ameneties.The gentle rolling acerage accompanied by the weeping willow trees that surround the barn are sure to leave a lasting memory.

2364e010c49d4e3d 1372279192540 155130101007715916162661487005104n
2364e010c49d4e3d 1372279192540 155130101007715916162661487005104n
72323624x6

2 Reviews for Hartwood House Special Events Venue

3.0

Jamie is super sweet about everything and knows a lot about how the bride feels. She was easy to talk to and able to explain how a lot of things work during a wedding to help me (the bride) understand what kind of rollercoaster I was getting myself into. Brittany was my point of contact during the wedding experience. She was also getting married so I can only imagine the stress she must have been under as well. But, they managed to pull off an amazing wedding. I never even knew the staff was there. They were constantly clearing tables, setting up and breaking down, cleaning- but in such a way that they were never in the way. The gentleman driving the cart (I believe Mr. Carter) was wonderful. He was there to cart me from shot to shot during pictures. And he helped my grandmother everywhere. She couldn't stop talking about how awesome he was. And I am sorry to say I did not get this lovely ladies name, but it almost seemed she was assigned to my husband and I. She had short hair and brought the whole bridal party drinks while we were taking pictures. She helped set up pictures. And she was always there to ask me if I needed anything even if only a drink. I mean everyone was awesome and went above and beyond, but she would have to be the biggest stand out for me. I would highly recommend this venue. I was unable to set up the little touches I wanted as I was getting my makeup done. But, they took control for me and they turned out amazing. I can't thank everyone enough. They also did the catering for the venue. I would have to say it was almost perfect, but I did have a few comments that the chicken was a little dry. I only mention because I am a very honest person, but I still loved everything. Thank you for such a wonderful wedding.

Sent on 10/15/2015

jaclyn · Married on 08/19/2016

0.4
      0.5

I tried contacting this venue on multiple different occasions to use their space for a ceremony and reception. I called and left messages on their listed phone number without any return phone calls. I emailed through their form on their website without response, I also used the contact form through wedding wire without a response as well. When I finally sent an email with the subject line "have tried contacting your venue on multiple occasions" this is how Brittany responded. In my personal opinion this is not good customer service at all and not someone I would want coordinating my wedding. Our conversations are below:

Myself: Good Afternoon, I have left messages on your listed phone number, used your contact form on your website as well as through weddingwire.com and I’ve yet to hear back from anyone at your location. I can’t imagine this is the first impression that you would like to give to possible first time customers. Please contact me so that I may have a current price sheet for using your venue for a wedding ceremony and reception space. I am looking at an August wedding with around 75 guests. Thank you.

Brittany: Just for the record, we are a family run part time business. We have 4 restaurants that are currently our main priority. I am away from my computer at the moment and would be happy to send over pricing information once I return on the 18th. Best,Brittany
    Myself: Stating that you are a part time business is important information that would be extremely helpful if it was located on your website or voicemail. No need to send over the pricing information considering this is not your “main priority”. Thanks for your time but we will look elsewhere.

Sent on 11/09/2016