Washington, DC 20001 Map · Phone number

About Anna Kerns Photography

Hello lovely! I'm a fine art wedding photographer based in Maryland + Washington DC. I travel for destination weddings worldwide, wherever your love takes you. I have the unique privilege of getting to know couples and capturing joyful, romantic, intimate moments in their lives. It's such an honor to celebrate their love stories with beautiful imagery!

I want to capture the joy and warmth of the love you share.

My couples are best friends, and have found the sweetest way to enjoy life is together. Their connection is genuine and their laughter is contagious. They cannot wait for a celebration surrounded by family and friends who deeply care for them. With a heart for hospitality, they want to spoil their guests with a really fun, delightfully delicious, and oh-so lovely evening. They appreciate tradition, and prefer timeless over trendy. They want to treasure their legacy with beautiful photography; to have and to hold their love story, and each other.

My style pairs well with elegant settings, particularly those with historic charm or captivating nature. I'm drawn to details that tell a story - from intricate lace on a veil, to delicate blooms tied with velvet ribbon, to the way your hold hands, to how you light up when he whispers in her ear. It's not just about what is pretty, it's about what is precious.

I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography from Savannah College of Art & Design, where I refined my skills as an artist and graduated with highest honors. My commitment to creating beautiful work of the highest quality can best be described as "no grit, no pearl."

As I document what will become some of your most cherished memories, I also look to serve and lead in unique ways that allow you to enjoy the moment. My hope is to offer encouragement and support as you plan a beautiful wedding, but most significantly, prepare for a wonderful marriage.

Please visit my website to see more work and contact me directly!

Follow Anna Kerns Photography on

3c617ae1d30ed3c9 1459610624419 wedding590 copy copy
carolynandrewfb01

40 Reviews for Anna Kerns Photography

Alice · Getting married on 05/15/2021

ABSOLUTELY LOVED WORKING WITH ANNA!!! :) photography was the second vendor we booked after our venue since it was really important to us that we have awesome photos. after looking at the portfolios of some other photographers based on where they've shot before, we decided we liked anna's work the best. we loved how her photos are very natural looking (love her use of natural light) and the quality isn't too harsh/sharp (not too much weird editing)... we also weren't trying to find someone to make us look super artsy (like from a bridal magazine) since that's not who we are. we all met at panera to see if we would click and we booked her right on the spot!! when you know, you know! ;) we knew anna was perfect for us! :)

she's one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet and is super professional. anna is very responsive to emails and was helpful with trying to figure out some engagement outfits for me to wear. she made us feel comfortable and made us laugh during our engagement session, which resulted in some amazing candid photos. :)

as we got closer to the wedding, anna was amazing with coming up with a timeline and a list of photos we wanted her to take. super organized and we loved it!! (helped us not be so stressed having to worry about making sure we had everything we wanted). ONE WEEK after the wedding, we sent us a sneak peek of the photos and i was shocked at how many photos she had sent to us!! i'm sure she and the second shooter (tamara) took thousands and i was only expecting a small handful of photos to look through since it's wedding season so i was floored when i saw how many we had to look through!! the photos look amazing!!! again, anna (and tamara too!) made us feel comfortable and made us laugh. we are SO very happy we went with anna and couldn't have asked for a better photographer to capture our wedding day. :)

Sent on 06/03/2014

Haley · Married on 08/27/2016

Our friend who had referred us to Anna told us that she was very responsive, professional, friendly, passionate, but above all extremely talented and a delight to work with. Our friends comments only scratched the surfaces of Anna's attributes! From our first contact with Anna she exuded professionalism. She continually went above and beyond to ensure she had a good understanding of what we envisioned for our engagement session. Upon meeting, she was so welcoming and personal. With Anna's creative direction my fiancé and I felt so comfortable throughout our entire shoot, it made for such a fun and memorable date. After we got our pictures, we were so happy and impressed with the variety and quality! Between her personality and talent Anna was an all in one package; we will definitely recommend Anna to others!!

Sent on 11/14/2015

Emily · Married on 07/02/2016

We highly recommend Anna! From our very first conversation on the phone, which I think lasted an hour, Anna made me feel confident in her abilities and excited to work with her! She is both incredibly technically skilled as well as talented.

Whenever I look at my love shoot photos (engagement pics) I remember how she found a secret church garden that still had blooming roses, even in late October after the leaves had changed! She has such a gift for finding beautiful spots and angles that made even the most amateur of models look pretty and feel comfortable.

And of course our wedding was such a wonderful day. I can't imagine someone other than Anna being there to help guide us through the day. The posed shots are beautiful and the candids are even better! Anna was a great sport about borrowing a golf cart so we could take gorgeous shots out on the course right as it was starting to get dark, they are some of my absolute favorite photos!

We are so grateful that we had you with us through our whole wedding process, and as we are coming up on a year since that day I just wanted to say thank you.

Sent on 06/22/2017

• Alison Harper & Company
    Alison Harper & Company Wedding Hair & Makeup

Anna is a very talented photographer! She is professional, timely and takes some really pretty photographs. We recently worked with her on a wedding and I was blown away by the stunning images. You won't be disappointment trusting Anna on your wedding day!

• The Savory Spoon Catering Company
    The Savory Spoon Catering Company Wedding Caterers

Anna is a gifted photographer as well as a lovely woman to work with!

• Ceremony Alchemy
    Ceremony Alchemy Wedding Officiants

Anna and I have been associates for many years now having worked together in the Frederick area. We also belong to the Frederick Area Bridal Network. Anna is a wonderful, caring photographer that does amazing work. You will love that you hired her.