Amber Wilkie Photography

Amber Wilkie Photography

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Amber Wilkie Photography

Photography for awesome people.
www.amberwilkie.com

Engagement Shoot (1)
High-Res Images (1)
Albums (1)
Prints (1)

Amber did our engagement photos at Dinosaur Land in White Post, VA and was absolutely wonderful. She was so responsive the entire time - even sending us a cute card with our contract and providing a guide on what to wear. She took our quirky idea of engagement pictures with dinosaur statues and gave us photos we couldn't have even hoped for. My fiance was not looking forward to getting his pictures taken, but she was able to make us feel comfortable and we both ended up having fun. She took beautiful, unique shots, but still managed to take some of the more traditional photos as well. We got the best of both worlds! We absolutely could not have had a better experience. Afterwards, she sent our photos to us in about a week and a half, after telling us it would be about 3 weeks. We were thrilled. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone and everyone.

Profile Picture Jackie, 5/7/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Photography

The only thing that's cut through the happy glow that's persisted for weeks after my wedding is the fact that Amber is moving to Sweden, at least for a while; she was so wonderful that I wish she could photograph every major event for the rest of our lives.

Amber shot both an engagement session and our wedding day for us, and throughout the process, she was wonderful about communicating, a relaxing presence even at moments when I was anxious for things to move forward or happen in a particular way, and she delivered gorgeous images to us at lightning speed. She shot us both in our home and in a Washington park for our engagement session, and really captured the essence of who we are, what our relationship is like, and the way we live in our neighborhood. She was thoughtful about what time of day the light would be best, what poses would make us both feel comfortable and like ourselves, and creative about using winter foliage and even some clever graffiti in our shots.

For our wedding pictures, Amber and Tim, her second shooter, blended in seamlessly while my husband and I were getting ready, but also used the time to take beautiful pictures of things like our flowers. They shot beautiful, efficient portraits with our families before our ceremony. And the pictures she took of us and our families during the ceremony and reception that followed were, hands down, some of the best pictures that have been taken of all of us at any point in our entire lives. The hardest part has been picking which ones to print for our albums, mantlepieces, etc. Amber is a treasure. I just hope we can find a way to work with her again as we pass other milestones in the future.

Profile Picture Alyssa, 9/26/15, 10 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, Albums, Digital Files

We had such a great experience with Amber! We knew we loved her work after checking out her website, but she exceeded all of our expectations with our wedding photos! She was flexible about timing and very straightforward about pricing and what was included, which was refreshing. She was also very responsive during the planning process. The day of the wedding, she was so easy to work with. She managed to get amazing getting-ready shots without ever feeling intrusive. Once we got to the venue, she was efficient and thorough about getting family photos, and then as we went around the venue taking our couple photos, she suggested great spots and poses. Throughout our ceremony and reception, she was always in the right place at the right time. When we got our photos back, we were speechless with how wonderful they turned out, and our families were as well. The images really captured the mood and the feeling of the wedding, as well as all of the items and moments we want to remember. They feel more like a photo essay of our wedding than formal portraits, but at the same time she didn't miss any of the traditional and/or important details. Finally, we felt that the pricing was very reasonable for the amazing work that Amber did. We would recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Haley, 8/15/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Second Shooter, High-Res Images, Digital Files, Prints

Amber Wilkie Photography Pricing

Proofs
Save the Date
3 AWARDS

2 ENDORSEMENTS
Amber is one talented photographer! She's kind, professional and takes some darn good photos. We've worked with her a number of times, and each time I look forward to viewing the photographs. You won't be disappointment hiring her!!

I can not endorse Amber Wilkie enough! She is professional, yet so much fun. Her couples absolutely ADORE her, from her photos, to her no-nonsense style, to her willing to go the extra mile. I wish I could work many many weddings with her!!!

Events