The Wedding Gallery

Professionalism:
Value:
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I went to their 2nd St location which is mostly sample sale dresses and prom. The service was amazing and my large group was given complete attention that made the whole experience a lot of fun. Not to mention I bought a beautiful off the rack dress that fit perfectly and was more than half off it's retail.

• Wedding: 01/03/2015
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Firstly, the Wedding Gallery in St. Charles is that there are two locations separated by bridal budgets. The one location features special occasion dresses & simplistic wedding styles downstairs in addition to couture wedding gowns upstairs. The other location is fully dedicated to wedding dresses for the average bride and I believe most fittings take place at this location too. There was a bit of mix-up about my appointment back in March 2013, but before long I was in the upstairs dressing room with the owner, Nagwa, my Mother & my Aunt excited to find my perfect dress.

The second thing you want to know is that Nagwa is THE BEST person you could ask to work with in regard to finding the right wedding dress for the biggest day of your life. She is the cutest little Egyptian lady with a discerning eye and is NOT afraid to say what she is thinking. While not every bride can handle such honest input from a stranger, I am telling you – you will thank her for it later. She sees what you see and if she doesn’t see it, she knows how to get you to stop seeing it. Trust me to trust her.

The last thing you should know about the Wedding Gallery is Nagwa’s hand-picked team. I never thought in a million years I would rely on a group of strangers, individually & collectively, to keep my life together the week of my wedding. But, they did. Long story short – the couture dress I purchased was a one-of-a-kind, exclusive to the Wedding Gallery. Featuring large English tulle floral appliques with centers of pearl & crystal beads and other details including eyelash lace, a modified sweetheart neckline, and Alecon lace accents – my dress was HEAVY & hot and Denver seamstresses refused to alter it. I cannot thank three special ladies enough for keeping me together when I suddenly thought I needed a different dress three days before my wedding day! Ty, Ngoc & Claudette, I owe you one! I am excited to use your dress preservation company to oogle it for years to come!

• Wedding: 05/17/2014
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

This place was awful!!!!! I drove a half hour away to come here and I got there a little early so they took me in a little early, my appointment was at 1pm. I guess I wasn't spending enough money there for them so after 30 minutes, they told me my time was up because they had more brides coming in. She wouldn't get my any variety of dress at all and was stuck on the fact that my budget was 1k or under. Terrible, terrible!! I would never recommend this place to anyone!!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
0.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Professionalism: 1.0
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

This place is absolutely horrible. I am surprised they are still in business as I have heard others compliants similiar to mine. I was made to feel as if I couldn't afford what they had to offer. The lead sales manager, Lisa, insulted by friend with me asking if she was my mother. I called to complain and received a call back from the lead sales manager, Lisa. She openly admitted to being RUDE to us. Made the situation worse. The store is trying to become conture, funny..good luck with that.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I purchased my gorgeous dress from here. The staff was great and very helpful and friendly! I loved the fact that its a wedding dress store only. They really made me feel like a bride!

• Wedding: 08/17/2013
Mrs.B
3.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Value: 3.0
  • Flexibility: 4.0

ALTERATIONS WERE EXPENSIVE & NOT ALL BEADING/LOOSE THREADS WERE REPAIRED
AS PROMISED. SELECTION OF GOWNS WAS GREAT. SOME STAFF CORDIAL WHILE OTHERS WERE NOT. DIFFICULT GETTING A HUMAN WHEN STORE(S) WERE CALLED.

• Wedding: 07/04/2013
0.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 0.5

They were horrible! They actually told me that I personally couldn't try a destination wedding dress on because I wasn't having a destination wedding. They were extremely rude especially after they knew I purchased the dress and they were not very accommodating for appointments. I would never go back there and they charge you for every detail. They also told me that my dress could come in a Sweetheart neckline and when I got my dress back the alteration department said that it couldn't and that she would have to put a stitch in there and bunch my neckline down into a sweetheart which i was extremely upset about.

• Wedding: 06/22/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot imagine why there are people rating the Wedding Gallery so low. I have been there so many times they know me by name (me, my sister, and best friend are all getting married). When I was going dress shopping with my sister, I found a dress that I fell in love with (even though I already had a wedding dress-- 2 actually...). I went back and described the dress and Paige was able to find it for me. With my wedding being so close, I was pretty sure that a new dress would not be an option. However, Nagua (sp?), the owner, has a close relationship with many designers, including the one for my dress. She made one call and my dress was in within three weeks. I ended up getting my veil there too and it is gorgeous as well.

They are very busy many times and the space is a bit tight on Saturdays but I have had nothing but a positive experience. My best friend ended up getting her dress there as well-- also a positive experience. They are very helpful and kind. I am considering getting my alterations done there too. If I do, I will update my post. :-)

I would highly recommend this store to anyone! The dresses and accessories are unlike any you will find elsewhere.

• Wedding: 06/15/2013
Ashley S
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I could not have found the more perfect wedding dress at The Wedding Gallery! The alteration services were incredible. I had such a positive experience with my seamstress. She truly wanted my dress
to be perfect for my special day. I highly recommend The Wedding Gallery!

• Wedding: 03/16/2013
0.0/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.0

AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL!!!! I tried on a dress that was out of my budget. Of course fell in love with it. The 'old' blonde/grey haired boss lady walked out of the fitting area and called someone came back stating "This must be your dress and your lucky day, because it is discontinued, and we can give it to you for $800" I look the dress over because it had a few things wrong, and she said they will FIX anything wrong with it (makeup stain, loops that were busted, blah blah) I purchased the dress on their "layaway" WHEN I WENT SHOPPING FOR BRIDESMAID DRESSES, I SEEN THE SAME DRESS, ASKED THE BRIDAL SHOP IF IT WAS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AND THEY SAID IT JUST CAME OUT!!!! AND IT WAS ONLY $925 BRAND NEW!!!! Because I had already paid 500 towards the dress and had the thought they would fix it like new I just continued to keep paying, because this was the dress I wanted. I Just picked it up - was told they CANNOT do the alterations due to being to full (my wedding is in 6 months!!), and WILL NOT fix the dress - and because I had signed an "as is" receipt I don't have a leg to stand on!!! These people will do ANYTHING to get you to spend money!! Please DO NOT TRUST THEM!!! I have a dress that I have to spend another 300$ on to have it fixed by someone else, and will now be spending more ON A FLOOR SAMPLE than had I just bought the new one from the other TRUTHFUL bridal store!

• Wedding: 10/21/2012
3.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 3.0

I got a beautiful dress for a very reasonable price. The shop on 5th street may be small, but the dresses are beautiful.

• Wedding: 09/02/2012
4.7/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.5
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

I was quite happy with the Wedding Gallery and their services. The staff was very helpful in finding my dress and dresses for my bridesmaids and all were an affordable price.

I had to push a little for flexibility with times for alterations and fittings because I live out of town and was only able to come for fittings on weekends but they worked with me and my schedule.

Had to make several requests for beading and such to be repaired as promised... slight push back but remained good with the agreement and all was repaired.

The woman who does the bustling is excellent - she worked with me on exactly how I wanted the back of my dress to look when bustled to still be able to see/enjoy all of the details on the back and it was beautiful. Many compliments on the bustle! She incorporated both traditional and french bustling to accomplish the look.

The owner is very nice and is a great business person - she was accommodating and helpful and was genuinely happy to see me happy with my dress!

• Wedding: 09/01/2012
3.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 3.0

The day we picked out the dress was a Saturday and the staff was rather pushy and not very friendly. They would not allow the bride to try on the dresses alone without a staff member in the dressing room, and they all seemed paranoid about us taking a picture of the dress before we paid for it. The alterations cost as much as the dress did and they didn't call us when they were ready for the first fitting. We had to bug them for a fitting. The seemstress who did the alterations was exceptional. She was able to get the dress to fit perfectly in two fittings. The ribbon which allowed us to bustle the dress broke within 30 minutes of having it tied up. We had to pin up the train for the rest of the evening.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
4.3/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Value: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

The wedding gallery took my idea and selected the perfect dress for me. they were very helpful and welcoming.

• Wedding: 05/05/2012
Antoinette
2.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.0
  • Responsiveness: 3.0
  • Professionalism: 3.0
  • Value: 2.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

I love my dress! But, when I went for first fitting the custom care wasn't quite what i had hoped for. Also, when I scheduled my pick up of my dress and showed up to get it, they had no idea where my dress was or that I was picking it up! Thank goodness it was a few days before the wedding and they had time to figure it out. I would only suggest purchasing here, maybe go else where for alterations.

• Wedding: 11/12/2011
3.5/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 3.5
  • Responsiveness: 3.5
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Value: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 3.5

I was very happy to find a "beachy" dress in Missouri!
My dress was amazing, although I still do not know the maker.

This business does not provide designer names. Although it did not bother me, it might bother some ladies, so FYI. Also, they do not budge on price! I will admit, I thought my dress price was affordable. However, when it came time for alterations I was stunned! I thought they were really expensive, but my dress did turn out PERFECT! I would most definitely recommend them for dress choices!
I only have one complaint. My 1st dress alterations were scheduled for Sept. 7 (with my wedding on Nov. 11). With no other alterations, my dress was not ready until the Friday before my wedding! I will admit I was scared that my dress would not be done. After MANY MANY phone calls, it was finally finished in time and it looked AMAZING! It could also have been my timing, but just be sure to schedule your alterations, so that there is plenty of time for corrections if needed.

• Wedding: 11/11/2011