The Mission Theatre

The Mission Theatre

Favorite
Mission, KS
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

Quality of Service
Flexibility
4.7
Private User
Recently Married

Mission Theatre made sure to get back to me whenever I had any questions. They also had a great deal where a ton of the essentials are included in the price! That made it easier for those who are on a budget. If you get married in the off season it's very reasonable! We were also able to get in early in the morning so our band could set up early and our centerpieces could be put together. It was a great experience for a perfect day.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I practically felt like I was stealing from them, their package is so good!!! Derek is so easy to work with, extremely laid back. The DJ they supplied (Ben Warner) was wonderful to work with. Bar service, set up for event, rehearsal, everything taken care of. Definitely took the stress off my shoulders!

3.0

The venue was a beautiful place. & being I had my wedding on a Sunday, the price was AWESOME for all that it included. All of the staff was nice, but not everyone was very professional or communicates well. When I went to tour the venue for the first time, we walked in and noone gave us a tour or explained anything, just stood there. It took days at a time to get emails or calls back regarding things we needed to know (that should have been discussed at the first tour/meeting/etc). And everything kind of seemed last minute. When we went to look at it multiple times, it was a mess, the heat was never on so it was freezing, the bridal room and grooms room were a MESS and nothing seemed to be very orderly or clean. The day before the wedding we had rehearsal, & it was still a disaster so I was very concerned. The food prep room was full of filth and packed with other things.The heat was BROKEN and the toilet was leaking and not all lights were working. The next morning arriving for the wedding they had a guy there working on the heater; however, it took hours and was FREEZING all day getting ready. Communication was still a problem. The DJ, BEN and the Bartender (wish I could remember her name) were absolutely AMAZING. They assured me everything would be fine, they helped run the theatre and connected with ALL my guests! They made the wedding and reception PERFECT. After all the worry, they really helped lead and keep things going and on track. It turned out to be wonderful but I’m not sure that it would have happened without those two! I give them both 5 stars for sure! I just think it needs to be cleaned up majorly and it needs to be ran a little more professional. But in the end I suppose it all worked out just fine, just wish it was cleaner and more orderly. Still a wonderful place for the price! Not sure I’d pay more than what we paid for the Sunday wedding though!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I would give this vendor 5 stars however it was a bit out dated when it came to the bathroom and dressing area. The quality of service, professionalism, value, and responsiveness were wonderful. You do get your moneys worth. It was an all inclusive venue. You wouldn't have to worry about a DJ, photographer, or alcohol.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Loved this place and all the staff! Derrick was great to work with. Always responded to my emails quickly. He did a great job marrying us to. Ben, the DJ couldnt have been more fun. He even taught me a dance move. The bartenders also amazing. I swear my glass was never empty. They also had a photo booth that everyone loved. It was nice to have so many things included in the very affordable cost. best night of my life!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Officiant, Unique Services (Other)
Amanda
07/26/2013

The Mission Theatre group really made my wedding day awesome. The staff made sure everything was done on time and correct. Derek was very helpful with a special song I did for the guests during the ceremony. Mike was a huge help in everything related to the rehersal and ceremony. The bartenders worked fast and kept my guests happy. The theatre was absolutely beautiful! I wouldn't have changed anything about that day, venue included! Thanks so much Mission Theatre!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My (now) husband and I wanted to approach our wedding ceremony and reception as if we'd never seen a wedding before. The Mission Theater was the absolute perfect place for us - it was beautiful, perfect comfortable space for our friends and family - and the people at the theater were friendly and helpful. They made everything easy and gave us lots of time and space to make our wedding exactly how we wanted it to be. I am 100% happy with how things turned out and would recommend this theater to anyone.

4.2

Mission Theater is a one stop shop (almost). They provide ceremony, reception, deejay, alcohol/beverages. They are very laid back and let you do almost anything you want. It's nice to be able to bring in your own caterer, photobooth, etc. Our only complaint was the temperature of the theater, BUT we did get married in January when it was in the teens outside. Our whole entire wedding party and guests all said they had a GREAT time and loved the venue.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Words can’t describe how wonderful this venue was to me, my husband and our family. I was the kind of bride that had several questions and a vision of exactly what I wanted. Ryan was incredible about responding quickly and effectively to all my questions. There were a couple of details that I had to remind Ryan about, which is expected and everything was handled quickly. Ryan and his staff were beyond amazing the day of the wedding with details, setup and last minute changes. The staff had a helpful and fun attitude with the entire wedding party throughout the day. They are very flexible to make sure that the bride and groom are happy. The theatre provides such a romantic atmosphere for a ceremony and a fun environment for a reception. The flow of the reception was great as well as the DJ services. The staff had great communication with me thru out the entire event. We had several guests tell us how much fun they had. Guests also commented on what a cool and fun vibe the venue had. I would recommend this venue and great staff to anyone. If you want a romantic but fun wedding where you dance the night away this is the place to have your wedding.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our ceremony and reception were PERFECT! Ryan and Derrick were wonderful to work with. Everything went smoothly and our guests really enjoyed themselves. I'm so glad that the best party I've ever been to was my own wedding:) You get SOOOO much for you money having it there. This venue is for the couple who wants a relaxed party with great music and people dancing all night!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ

When I was looking for a venue to have my wedding reception I feel in love with the idea of having it at a movie theatre. My fiancé and I had our first date at the movies and we are both movie buffs. When I showed him the pictures of Mission Theatre he was determined to have our reception there. We read a lot of reviews on The Mission Theatre (some good, some bad) but we still decided to go forward and I am happy that we did. Ryan was laid back yet still professional. He took our concerns and criticism and made any necessary changes. We got married on the hottest day in July (107 degrees without the heat index) and the venue was kept at a good temperature. I honestly felt that I got my money's worth at the venue. His staff (though some are a little rough around the edges in appearance) was extremely helpful and fulfilled the needs we had on our wedding day. I am so happy that this venue was flexible with my needs as a bride prior to the wedding. Ryan honestly made my husband and I feel special on our day.

Now for areas I would improve. I wish there was a separate space for the men to hang out. The area that was indicated (the Surf Bar) was not cool enough for them to be in there, so they were upstairs in the bridal suite. I do realize that Ryan is doing a renovation, but I wish that area was available. I also feel as though they need new drapes in the room. In pictures that I've seen they are pretty dingy in the photos but not to the naked eye.

Becky
1 Review
05/25/2012

We recently held our wedding at Mission Theatre. It turned out amazing. Of course there were hiccups and things that could have gone smoother but that is expected in every wedding. Our end result was a beautiful wedding and everyone had a blast! I would definitely recommend the Theatre to friends for their wedding.

1.7

We loved the venue. The theatre has character, however we had a lot of problems with the venue itself. The venue needs a good bath. It is extremely dirty. The stage is in terrible shape and so is the flooring. Also, the men's bathroom has a "glory hole" in it. The stairs were falling apart and actually broke while we were there. My mom ducked taped it back together because neither the employees/owner seemed to care. The provided deejay service was horrible. We hired a band to play the wedding and during a set break the deejay started up and after one song the speakers over heated and shut off. Thankfully the band was able to start right away. The theatre had told us previously that we would be able to come get our decorations the next day but at 11pm we were told we had to be out by 11:30pm that night. This had never been previously discussed. We loved the venue but everything considered would not use again. The concept of the venue is great but needs a new owner/management. It is poorly ran and maintained.

The Mission Theatre responded with the following comments:

We have been very successful as a venue and have a formula that works very well as is evidenced by our other reviews on this site. We are a very flexible venue that allows clients to do the event the way that they desire, sometimes even at their own peril. We strive to be a resource to our clients and would like to be allowed to do the job we were hired to do, with that being said we were not allowed to really do anything that we were hired to do for this wedding. Most if not all of the suggestions we gave for this wedding were met with opposition and simply disregarded. This puts us in a difficult situation that we are judged by the success or failure of events that happen in our venue, but if the client is unwilling to work inside the formula that has made so many other of our events successful then there isn't much we can do. What I can say is that we were given many compliments on the venue the night of the event and in fact have an event in March that was the result of this event. We as a staff and myself as the owner work very hard for our clients and take exception to the comment that we simply don't care, I do and did everything I could to make this clients event special just as we do every event that we do. We make the offer to every client to come and pick their items up the next day if they choose, even though it clearly states in the packet that is available for download on our website that all times must be removed the night of the event. We are perhaps one of the most flexible venues in the city, I am truly sorry that we apparently didn't meet the expectations of this client. I wish that we would have been allowed to do what we were hired to do, I suspect that the result would have been different.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Mission Theatre was awesome for my wedding and reception. I could not of asked for more. Ryan and his staff were wonderful to work with, they were very polite and helpful in everyway. The night was a great success and everyone had a ball! They have a great set up and schedule. Everything went as planned, and we got to do everything that we wanted to do plus more ;-) It was the best night ever!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Photography
4.7

We were very impressed with The Mission Theatre for our daughter's wedding. We have heard nothing but great remarks on how lovely the ceremony and the reception was. Ryan knew what he was doing and made sure the whole day ran smoothly and into the evening helped us make a very memorable wedding for Shelly and Blayne. I would highly recommend The Mission Theatre.

John and Kathy
Father & Mother of the Bride:)

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I couldn't have asked for a better reception site. Ryan and the staff were nothing but helpful. Everything went as planned. They even set up all our decorations so we wouldn't have to stress over them. We also used their Photography service and they did a great job in giving us all that we wanted. I would recommend the mission theatre to everyone. We loved it and so did all our guest.