Just a 15-minute drive from downtown Kansas City, The Mission Theatre sets the scene for a playful contrast of old and new. Built in 1938, The Theatre's original architecture boasts a classic 1930's vibe that has been paired with elegant decor creating a modern twist. The Mission Theatre comfortably accommodates up to 250 guests seated. Renovated from floor to ceiling in 2017, The Mission Theatre's crystal chandeliers, polished concrete floors, elaborate accent walls, and custom marquee, will charm and captivate your guests.
Facilities and Capacity
- The Main Ballroom: The Main Ballroom is luxuriously decorated with crystal chandeliers to give a nod to the vintage style of the venue.
- The Lobby: The Theatre has an elegantly embellished lobby that leads guests to the entrance of the Main Ballroom.
- The Bridal Suite + The Groom's Room: Secluded from the wedding on a completely different floor, the Bridal Suite and Groom’s Room are extra spacious and have their own space on the second floor. They overlook the Main Ballroom so the wedding party can sneak a peek at the wedding while they get ready. The suites features all of the necessities to make your getting ready process as stress-free as possible.
- The Alley: A photo opportunity that you won't want to miss! On the side of our building is a long alleyway that's adorned with string lights and paves the way for intimate photos as newlyweds or even a first look!
- The 3,500-square-foot Mission Theatre is perfectly suited for your and your guests to celebrate your special day, accommodating up to 250 guests seated, or 400 guests standing.
- Guests will reminisce about your entrance as newlyweds from the Theatre's Grand Staircase for years to come.
The Mission Theatre hosts an array of wedding related events including engagement parties, bridal showers, elopements, rehearsal dinners, ceremonies, and receptions. As part of the site fee, The Mission Theatre has a variety of event details and services including:
- Indoor event space
- Crystal chandeliers
- Rectangular banquet tables for guest seating
- Round tables for guest seating
- Mahogany chiavari chairs
- (2) Getting ready spaces for the wedding party
- Double sided bar
- Audio equipment
- Set up and clean up
- Customizable marquee sign
- Pipe and drape for the stage
The Mission Theatre provides couples with skilled bartenders who can create and serve your carefully selected beverages. The team strives to make your special event a memorable one, providing the following services:
- House beer, liquor, wine
- Open bar
- Champagne toasts
- Premium liquor
- Signature drinks
- Specialty beer and/or wine upon request
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
What is the starting price per person for bar service?
Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
Describe your venue:
What kind of settings are available?
Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
What event services do you offer?
What bar services do you provide?
What event items are available?
What food and beverage items are available?
What transportation and access is available?
50 ReviewsWrite a review
36 User photos