Sweet Indulgence Bakery

Sweet Indulgence Bakery

Southlake, Grapevine, Colleyville, Coppell, Las Colinas Specialty Wedding Cakes & Cupcakes

230 E. College St.
Grapevine, TX 76051 | map
Desserts: Cookies, Cupcakes, Fruit, Groom's Cake, Pastries
Additional services: Consultations, On-site Delivery, On-site Setup, Pick...
Health license: Yes

• Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

Beautiful, delicious cakes!!! A little hard to get a hold of at times but still a great vendor to work with!!

• Wedding: 06/15/2013
Profile Picture
Lindsay
4.3/5.0
  • Responsiveness: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 3.5
  • Flexibility: 4.5

We absolutely loved our wedding cakes! We used Sweet Indulgence for the brides cake and the grooms cake. I showed the owner a picture of what I wanted, and both of the cakes turned out looking better than I had imagined.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Profile Picture
Anonymous
4.6/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.0
  • Professionalism: 4.0
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I used SI Bakery for the bridal cake at our wedding, and for the most part, we were happy with them. The cake tasted amazing, but we paid for fondant icing and it came to the venue with buttercream! I was able to get this straightened out with the baker and got refunded the extra money spent, but I was still disappointed when I saw my cake and it wasn't what I paid for (even though it still looked great). I would not steer you away from this baker, but verify what you want with them as close to the wedding as possible!

• Wedding: 04/13/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Luis did such an amazing job for our wedding cake. We came to him just about a month or so before the wedding, yeah i know cutting it close. But he was able to do the job, he met with us and let us try many different flavors of cake and they were all so delicious. The cake was a huge hit at the wedding everyone asked me where we got the cake from and they just loved it so much. The grooms cake was in the shape of ironmans head which was so cool my husband was so happy about it. I would definitely recommend Luis, he was so helpful and was just so easy to talk to it felt like we had been friends for a long time. Too bad we moved 6 hours away from the Dallas area, we will go back for some cupcakes for sure. Sweet indulgence is a MUST for brides!

• Wedding: 11/23/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I was referred to Luis at Sweet Indulgence Bakery for my wedding and grooms cake. I am very laid back easy going and very much for in the planning of my second wedding. When I explained the cake I wanted it was picture perfect, and elegant. Luis suggested that I sample different cake flavors, I explained that the plain vanilla/ or white cake would be fine. He insisted that try a few, after asking what my favorite kind of cake was, i was speachless... not really sure i said???? He prompted me to the wedding flavor, yup that tasted great!!! He said he had several others that I should try, his signature THE TRIPLE LAYER, Chocolate, red velvet, and wedding cake) hmmmmm OK!!! that was definately the ONE!!! almost weekly before the wedding I would make up a reason That i needed to stop by the bakery, (to get a triple layer cupcake) and see Luis.
Every wedding that I have ever been to, people take a few bites of the cake, OUR CAKE WAS COMPLETELY GONE!!! I had guests inquiring where we had it made , that they had never tasted a cake so good.
My daughter has a birthday coming up and we will be ordering all of our special occasion cakes here. We live in west fort worth, but its definately worth the drive!!!!

• Wedding: 09/04/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! That's all I can say! We wanted to do cupcakes for our wedding from the beginning and neither of us are really "cake people", but Luis went above and beyond! We had 5 different flavors and only about 4 cupcakes left over (which of course we enjoyed the next day :)). The Chocolate Kahlua and the Boston Cream were amazing! We provided him with the wraps to match our colors, which was no problem. We had a misunderstanding with the flowers to go on top...no problem. Everything was so easy and wonderful!

His prices are very reasonable and he is so easy to work with that we will never go anywhere else! We now have him doing the smash cakes for our boys' first birthdays!

• Wedding: 07/16/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

This review is a bit overdue, but I wanted to make sure, if I wrote a review for just one of my vendors, Luis at Sweet Indulgences would be the one!

3 weeks before my wedding, my original wedding cake vendor cancelled on me! That is a long story, but luckily I found Luis at Sweet Indulgences. Luis was so flexible and so attentive he put me at ease. He was really easy to work with, made time for my wedding, symphatized with my situation.

I needed 350 cupcakes, a top tier cake, a grooms cake, and help with picking out the perfect cupcake stand to hold all these cupcakes!!

Luis was flexible with the cupcakes I wanted, sat down with me to help me pick out exactly the flowers on the cupcakes that would fit my budget, provided input on how many flavors to have, helped me find monograms at a affordable cost, and he even set up and decorated the cupcake cake with fresh flowers that I provided on the day of the wedding (my wedding was on a holiday weekend 4th of July and he was still there!)

On top of all this, he was very reasonable on price, kind, and the CUPCAKES WERE DELICIOUS!!!!!!! Everyone loved them, they definitley tasted great!!!

The grooms cake was awesome too - I had a very wierd request - a gondola shelf (look that up if you dont know what that is) with a bride and groom monkey on top... he did this! and it turned out great.

he even accomodated my request for an indian henna design themed top tier cake.

Overall - he was my favorite vendor to work with - I highly, highly recommend Sweet Indulgence Bakery for your wedding needs!

• Wedding: 07/04/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

WONDERFUL! My now-husband and I absolutely LOVED working with Luis and Judy. From our first meeting, we got a really good feeling. They are so easy to work with and genuinely want to give you the exact cake you dreamed up for a practical price. Our guests raved about the taste of our red velvet cake and how moist it was. We were just pleased overall with the presentation and the business of Dallas Sweet Indulgence. EVERY Dallas bride and groom should check them out!

Thanks Dallas Sweet Indulgence Bakery- we can't thank you enough!

• Wedding: 12/12/2009
4.9/5.0
  • Professionalism: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Luis did a great job on the wedding cake. I told Luis what I wanted our cake to look like (it was a mix of two different cakes I had seen) and it looked exactly the way that we wanted and everyone loved it. It was a great center piece for the reception room. Luis’s promptness on the day of the wedding was also greatly appreciated. As you know brides want everything to go according to the time schedule on their wedding day, and it was really nice to not have to worry about the wedding cake. And on top of all that the cake tasted great and was very moist. My Aunt made the grooms cake, and I think that maybe three people had some of the groom’s cake, most people just had seconds of the wedding cake because it was so good. Thank you so much Luis for making the wedding cake the least of our worries in a very stressful time.

• Wedding: 11/14/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I were SO very pleased with our wedding cake! I had spent much time looking and researching before we found Dallas Sweet Indulgence. Being a former cake decorator myself I had high expectations. Everything from the price, the taste and the decorations were to my specifications! All of our guests loved the taste and how moist the cake was, there wasn't a single piece left! We saved our cake topper in the freezer and just had our one year anniversary, the cake still tasted awesome! They did a great job with the design, I had everything in my mind and Luis did the cake just like I had pictured in my mind! It was great that on the wedding day the cake was the last thing I had to worry about. Thanks Dallas Sweet Indulgence!

• Wedding: 02/21/2009
4.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Professionalism: 3.5

Wonderful service!

• Wedding: 01/10/2009
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I initially had another cake vendor-The Cake Lady-and paid my balance in full to them 5 months before my wedding. The Cake Lady went out of business and unfortunately I lost my money and the cakes I paid for. I didn't find out about the cake situation until 2 weeks before my wedding. It was a complete disaster.

Fortunately, I found Dallas Sweet Indulgence online and they were able to work with me. They created beautiful cakes for my husband and I on such short notice and were very helpful in our time of need.

I discussed the details of both cakes and they both exceeded my expectations.

The cakes they provided tasted good and they were at a really good price.

I would recommend trying Dallas Sweet Indulgence. Not just because they are affordable but because they are really nice people to work with and their cakes taste good also.

• Wedding: 11/08/2008
469-955-5049
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards