Paraiso Events, Inc.

(3.8 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
(4.0 / 5.0)
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I've read the other reviews here and can't believe them, Alicia was the best to work with. She made it very clear from the initial consultation that she may be hard to reach, until the month prior to the wedding as she has more than one client, email was the best way to reach her and we had no problem with that. Everything was handled to perfection ABSOLUTELY nothing was missed and she even brought items as extras because she though it would be a nice touch to our decor. I realize now that weddings are lots of work to put on and we couldn't have done it without her, she made our dreams come true.

• Wedding: 10/05/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

There is no way these reviews are real. Alicia worked so hard for us on our wedding day. Maybe they didn't see her running around all day. She was on site from 8 AM until our wedding was finished and every little detail was perfect. We forgot a few things and she made sure to run back to her store and get them for us. Absolutely nothing was missed and the entire planning process was very pleasant for us. The room looked beautiful as well everything was in its place. She was a godsend for us and we couldn't have done any of it without her. I never realized that doing a wedding would be so much work and she made it so that we didn't have to worry about a thing. We found her to be very reliable and kind. We couldn't have asked for a better person to help us on our wedding day. We are so thankful and will be forever grateful. My family loved her as well she went out of her way to make them comfortable and to bring them whatever they needed throughout the day. Thank you so much Alicia.

• Wedding: 09/21/2013
Services Used: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
0.8/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Value: 1.0
  • Flexibility: 2.0

I found Alicia, to be unprofessional and dishonest. I first contacted Alicia July 2012, and enquired about her services for both wedding planning and event decor and requested the cost of certain decor items. In her reply email she told me "We do not have a price list because we do not want to create competition with other rental companies, as our rentals are significantly cheaper for our clients. I would be happy to go over your specific decor needs and then provide you with a quote". So I had several meetings with Alicia (she was late for all but one), as well as phone discussions and additional email contacts. Throughout this process on multiple occasions I asked Alicia to provide me with a quote for services/rentals so I knew if I was keeping on budget, but each time she just provided me with excuses as to why she could not provide it "it's coming", "I asked Erick to send it", "we have two weddings today", and just 7 days before my wedding when I again asked to receive a quote "I don't know what to tell you.....today I need to focus on my bride which is the same thing I will do on your wedding day." I finally received my quote September 4, 3 DAYS BEFORE MY WEDDING. The same day I emailed her back with questions regarding the quote and I simply did not here back from her. The day of the wedding I only saw Alicia for about 20 minutes prior to my ceremony and then she left, leaving a replacement. I was also disappointed in the wedding decor I received as much of it was not what we had discussed at our meetings. When she sent me her final bill a week after the wedding (after I requested it), I emailed her back expressing my disappointment with her services (including that I was missing some of the decor I had provided her with), she did not contact me back. A few days later my father discovered on his visa bill that she had withdrawn the total amount of her invoice. We have not received a receipt or heard from her since.

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
Services Used: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
0.3/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 1.0
  • Responsiveness: 0.0
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 0.5

First talk with Alicia-AMAZING! Paid the deposit for a FULL wedding plan, including day of, and DJ. Couldn't get ahold of her after that. She would message back randomly saying she was very busy, we would set up a phone consult for her to call at 7pm the next night......I don't hear from her. I give her a few days, try calling.....nothing. We didn't talk with her for several months. 5 months before the wedding, I was really wanting to get some guidance, especially in regards to budget. I waited a month after I left her a message until I finally called her again.

2 months before the wedding, we ask for a break down of invoice so we can see if we need to cut stuff out. I don't hear from her. I happen to check my bank statement and saw Paraiso Events has taken $500 off my visa. she had not told me she was doing that, I had no idea what it was for and I hadn't been able to even get ahold of her. My fiance decided to call her himself finally she tells him that her new assistant accidently charged us. Then I talk to her the next day and she tells me it was her accountant that accidently charged us.
I email Alicia and just let her know that my mom will now be the point of contact because we just really stressed and she says "No I will not talk to your mom, she's not on the contract".

I emailed her several times regarding the invoice leading up to the day, finally 1 week before the wedding, we get an alarming invoice. We scrambled to out source as much as we could 1 week before as her prices were outrageous.
Day of the wedding, didn't really see Alicia. She charged me for 3 staff members but I only saw 1 that was HER assistant.and she was really rude to the family members who were actually setting up.The staff at the venue were looking for Alicia because there was some last minute changes and couldn't get ahold of her, neither could I. As we're taking pictures we see her driving away, my fiancé and photographer had to chase after her.

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

SO AMAZING! Alicia and her team really made our day turn from horrible to incredible. I am a wedding vendor too, so you can imagine how shocked I was that it was 3 days before our wedding and there was no word from the wedding company that we hired. She jumped in and pulled our wedding together in just a few days. Now I can remember our wedding day for those acts of kindness instead of the disaster that it could have been. Can't express enough how grateful we are and how wonderful Parisio is. Amazing decor and flowers too.

• Wedding: 06/01/2013
0.4/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 0.5
  • Responsiveness: 0.5
  • Value: 0.0
  • Flexibility: 1.0

Paraiso Events is by far the most unprofessional company I have ever worked with, wedding or otherwise. I hired Paraiso Events a full year before my wedding with the understanding that I was too busy to plan my own wedding and I was looking for someone to completely take over so I would more or less be a guest at my own wedding. Paraiso Events completely assured me that she was interested in this and knew up front what our budget was. As soon as I paid Paraiso Events my deposit she turned horrible. She was impossible to get in touch with, although she has claimed that she tried to contact me but of course has no proof to back this up, my email and phone number never changed the entire time I worked with her so there was no reason a voicemail could not be left and any professional would follow up with an email so I do not believe she did try to contact me. When we would speak she would always say not to worry that we had plenty of time even when I would express my concern that things were being left too long. When we would have calls arranged she would reschedule last minute or ask me the same questions she had the call before and we had already agreed on. She would never get back to me with the items she was supposed to follow up on from our calls. About 6 months before the wedding communication had gone from poor to nonexistant and I could not get a hold of Paraiso Events at all. There was no autoreply on her email stating she was away and her voicemail still said the same message that it had always said, no one had ever contacted me to let me know she would be away, yet finally after I had contacted outside vendors that I knew she had contact with (and they all said they did not know anything about her being away but that they had heard this story from other clients of hers) an assistant contacted me very rudely stating the owner was away for medical reasons and was absolutely not helpful whatsoever. I am not sure whether the issue behind the medical leave are valid or not and I won't make a judgement on that, but there is no reason why her assistant couldn't have contacted me months prior to state the owner was away or to help me in the process while she was away, and most certainly should not have been rude to me when she did finally contact me. I had a friend contact Paraiso Events inquiring about holding a wedding the following summer and of course her inquiry was returned immediately from the owner even though she was supposed to be away for medical reasons. When the owner did finally contact me she stated that she would not be working with me anymore because there was no time to get my wedding planned as I had left it so long.... that makes no sense to me whatsoever considering I had hired her as a wedding planner so why is it my fault that the wedding was not planned when she had kept blowing me off and telling me that things were just fine as far as timeline went, these things I have documented in emails. After discussion back and forth I did finally get half of my deposit back from Paraiso Events (in the beginning she thought she would be able to keep it all, I'm sure it was all part of the plan.. get the deposit, pretend to do enough work to make it valid and then move on). Furthermore, she found out who my new wedding planner was and contacted her right away to "update her on my plans that we had decided on"... I find this to be very suspicious considering Paraiso Events hadn't been in contact with me for so long she had no idea who I had chosen as vendors and what my plans were since I had to go ahead and plan everything on my own while she was out of contact with me. It is fairly obvious she contacted my new wedding planner just to make sure I hadn't badmouthed her, or so my opinion of the situation is. Paraiso Events charges HST on services however refused to supply me with a business number among other extremely suspicious things. I would not ever recommend working with Paraiso Events on any level. Of course this is all my own situation/opinion and I do certainly hope she hasn't pulled this on other clients although I have been told that she probably has.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Anonymous
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Alicia is amazing!!! Our wedding wouldn't have been so perfect without her!!

• Wedding: 06/23/2012
Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
Courtney
1 Review
4.7/5.0
  • Quality of Service: 4.5
  • Flexibility: 4.0

I am not sure where to start. Alicia did so much for us that I wasn't even aware of most of it until my family pointed things out. Not a single detail was missed and she really went above and beyond, even adding decor items at no charge to fill in the gaps for us and our modest budget.

I really didn't have a care in the world while we went through the motions of our wedding day and we both felt like we were taken care of in every sense of the word. I appreciate that we felt like her only clients even though she is so busy.

Over all our wedding day was beautiful, stress free and well organized which is exactly why we hired Alicia.We are very happy and would recommend her in a heartbeat.

• Wedding: 06/16/2012
Services Used: DJ, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Alicia was a blessing on our wedding day.

I was starting to panic about coordinating and setting up decor on our big day. Thankfully I stumbled across Paraiso Events Inc. I contacted Alicia very last minute, but she was able to accommodate me into her busy schedule.

Our wedding was out of town which made it a bit challenging to coordinate with vendors. Alicia took care of every little detail and was able to give me great suggestions on local vendors.

As a bride you hope to get answers to your questions quickly, and that’s exactly what Alicia did. Her communication is excellent! I knew I could trust her to make our venue look absolutely stunning

Paraiso Events Inc. has great rentals as well. We needed chair covers last minute due to a miscommunication with our venue. Alicia was able to rent me hers which was very convenient two days before the wedding!

I'm so happy I contacted Alicia to coordinate our wedding day. Her services exceeded our expectations and she worked very hard to make sure everything was perfect.
Thanks to her I was a calm and relaxed bride.

The best part… I was able to enjoy our special day!

Thanks so much Alicia you were a pleasure to work with. Our wedding day wouldn’t have been so memorable and beautiful without your help!

Laura & Sean Inkster
Spirit Ridge June 2nd 2012

• Wedding: 06/02/2012
Services Used: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Wedding Planning
Laura
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We found Alicia and Paraiso Events Inc thru an Internet search and were impressed by the positive comments. We hired Alicia as our wedding consultant / planner for our ceremony and reception and cannot speak highly enough about her professionalism and attention to detail. No details were overlooked from signage, to chair rental and bar service at the outdoor ceremony - and then the reception at the local venue - Alicia and her team did an amazing job of color coordinating and decorating the venue and our family and friends were as impressed as we were! The DJ Atmosphere Sound did a fantastic job of "reading the crowd" and a fun night was had by all. We cannot express in words how terrific Alicia was to work with and she made all of the little things happen for us which was much appreciated!

• Wedding: 07/02/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Alicia came into my life after a series of very horrible events with another planner. With only 7 weeks to go until our wedding she convinced me to meet with her. After that the wedding turned from a nightmare to a dream, as corny as that sounds. She handled everything, even taking phone calls from my relatives with professionalism and grace. Not only a great planner she is a great person as well. My wedding went from barely happening to being worthy of a magazine. She saved me a ton of money on decor and it looked beautiful, as she really got the "feel" of what I wanted. We thanked her on our day and I want to thank her so much now. I look back on my wedding and feel so happy, and that is in large part, due to Alicia.

• Wedding: 08/21/2010
  • Flexibility: 5.0

“Thank you for an absolutely superb job well done. Really everything happened, as I wanted it to happen. The organization and background work both before and on the day made it possible. Without you we could not have achieved the result we wanted. I could never have pulled it off and there was not a thing you missed. The house looked fantastic, the ceremony was perfect, the hall looked amazing, the food was just superb and the buses were a lifesaver”
Virginia & Patrick