Linda Wang Photography

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

There is enough stress that comes with planning a wedding and on the day itself, you need a photographer who is kind, patient, funny, talented and will keep your stress levels down since she'll be in your face all day long. That photographer is Linda Wang. She has this super human ability to be in a thousand different places at the same time… she captured every moment we wanted photographed. Her candid shots are amazing and she truly has a talent and a creative eye when she poses you for her shots. I was a bit of a pain in the a** ( a royal pain actually) when she wanted to pull the new MR. & MRS away from the dance floor and head outside for some shots a few hours into our reception. It had poured rain all day (hurricane-like weather) and we weren't able to get any outdoor shots after our ceremony as we had hoped for. She knew it had stopped raining and the sky, OMG… it was SO BEAUTIFUL. After I fussed for a bit, we agreed to go outside and wow… the pictures she took are magazine quality images. Thank you, thank you, thank you LInda for being so sweet and persistent with us to take shots we didn't' think we needed. I love EVERY single picture of my wedding ceremony and reception. I can't' wait to use her services again for the holidays, parties, family events or maybe even vacations… she's that good!

Services Used: Photography

Linda is very polite, accommodating, and fun to work with. Linda did a great job at capturing our wedding reception. I asked her to take candid pictures of the party and she did a phenomenal job. It’s so much fun to look at the pictures and see that everyone had so much fun that night. I love the pictures and have been looking at them countless times. I highly recommend Linda.

Services Used: Photography

Linda was not only an excellent photographer, but an invaluable part of the wedding "team" throughout all stages of the wedding planning process. Linda gave great tips and recommendations regarding the flow and "day-of" schedule of the wedding so that the photography would be a seamless part of the day. Linda and her assistant were very personable--by the end of the event my family and guests had befriended the duo and raved about how nice and accommodating they were. And, the photography was superb. Linda captured every moment I asked for and then some. She has a wonderful artistic eye and really got some neat shots that my husband and I will always cherish. Linda went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable being photographed (something that was a little more challenging for my husband!). She did an engagement session to loosen us up and to get to know us as a couple. Having already worked with Linda during the engagement session really made things very easy on our wedding day. I would recommend Linda to any of my friends or family!!

Services Used: Photography

Our photographs are SO amazing!! Linda did a great job. If you let her do her job you will not be disappointed! Thank you Linda!

Services Used: Photography

As the mother of the bride, I was thrilled to find Linda and her terrific wedding photography. She has a delightfully fresh style, that comes through in every shot. Now just 2 weeks after the wedding, we have all of our images and a slide show (with music) that captures the spirit and narrative of the wedding for all that were there as well as those that were not. I couldn't recommend her more highly!

Services Used: Photography

We had a great experience working with Linda and would highly recommend her for wedding photography. She's fun to work with and enthusiastic in a way that puts people at ease. We had about 75 guests, including children from 18 months to 12 years, and we were so pleased that Linda had great shots of literally everyone (and of course lots of pictures of us, too). There are some fantastic in-the-moment pictures from the reception. Linda was also very patient with the children in the formal, posed photos. She's hard-working and really cares about the quality of her work, but also clearly loves photographing weddings and enjoys looking for a new angle, unexpected lighting, or a memorable moment. I'm very happy with the results.

Shaunda
06/07/2014

Linda is an amazing photographer! We found her online after searching for a photojournalist to capture our wedding day. When we met her we could tell she was passionate about her work and took pride in taking beautiful photos. She was reasonably priced and was willing to accommodate based on our needs and budget. Linda showed up early on the big day and was everywhere trying to get the perfect shot, but we barely noticed she was there. Within a month we received our photos and they are absolutely beautiful. Linda even created a special slideshow to music so we could share with family and friends. Everyone has had nothing but rave reviews. We are definitely recommending Linda to others in the area.

Linda Wang Photography:

Dear Linda,

Thank you for sending the DVD filled with lovely, artistic, beautiful, heart warming, in-the-moment, sensational photos of our wedding celebration.

Thank you for being inspired and working tirelessly to capture the feelings and event moments of the day; we both love your style and artistic eye for photography.

You also are excellent with people and move through the crowd in a soft and wonderful way and add a beautiful energy to the event.

We have rated you as 5.0/5,0 !

Linda Wang, You’re the best !

Steve & Judy

Services Used: Photography

Before interviewing photographers for our wedding, I put together a pretty extensive (and time consuming) list of candidates from the area, even including photographers from Southern Maryland and Pennsylvania - probably around 75 professional and student photographers total. I sent the list to my photojournalist friend for feedback, and she gave her professional opinion and circled some names for me to interview. Linda was the first interview appointment that we had set up, and after meeting with her the first time we didn't even attempt to contact anyone else.

From the beginning Linda was extremely responsive to every question and request, usually responding within a half-day at most, and very friendly and professional. I couldn't have dreamed of a better deal for the price of our package, and we got so much more than the photos. We're eager to receive the pictures this week (she's also very prompt on delivery), but have gotten a sneak-peak already and are very pleased with the final results.

Linda arrived to the ceremony right on time (even though I was a little late, sorry Linda!) and followed us around snapping photos but we didn't even notice! This was one thing I was slightly worried about - feeling followed by the paparazzi, but she somehow managed to take scores of GBs of photos while remaining essentially unnoticed. Linda was all smiles the whole night, kept us in line with our timeline and photo ops, and our guests kept commenting on how professional she was.

We chose Linda because we wanted our wedding night to be documented as a story unfolding with every image - not posed and emotionless photos - and we recommend her to anyone who is looking for the same.

Services Used: Photography

You can stop looking for a photographer right now, because you have found the person to hire. Linda is AMAZING! Her photographs are beyond amazing -- she captured moments, personalities, relationships. You wouldn't think you could get so much detail from still photographs, but with Linda Wang, you do.

I was much more focused on the candid - real moments as they happen style of photography, and looking at Linda's portfolio, I knew we had a winner. But I also had 30+ family members at the wedding, so we wanted a lot of group shots as well. Let's just say, Christmas shopping was easy this year. Photos, photos, photos!

One of the best compliments I got, as the bride, was how much I was smiling. And yes - I was insanely happy on my wedding day. But Linda also had us so comfortable in front of the camera, and the same with all of our guests. Her photos are amazing, she is wonderful to work with and she is a kind and generous person.

All of my guests agreed - they would hire her too.

Why are you still looking at anyone else?!?!?

Services Used: Photography

Linda was fantastic to work with. She allowed moments to happen and knew how to balance our photographic needs with the demands of the wedding day. She understood our goals, including a greater focus on informal and candid pictures, but balanced those well with more traditional photographs. The images came back looking great and she made a great slideshow for us! We highly recommend her!

Kate
08/17/2013

My husband and I interviewed a few photographers but when we met Linda we knew that we wanted to use her. Her photos are not only gorgeous but they have a very personal feel that only comes with feeling comfortable with the photographer. She managed all of our friends and families and got all of the posed shots we wanted. She also was sort of like a ghost during the ceremony and the reception, I hardly ever saw her but was happy to see that she was there the whole time catching the most important moments. I highly recommend Linda, you will not be sorry.

Private User
1 Review
2+ years ago

Linda did our belated engagement photos in several locations in DC. I was amazed with the quality and creativity of the photographs. She spent a great deal of time listening to what we wanted and delivered on everything on our wish-list and more. Linda was enthusiastic, responsive, and clearly very talented. I have seen other engagement photo shoots that were priced well above Linda and am amazed with the superiority of her photos in comparison. We cannot recommend Linda enough and would hire her again in a heart beat for any and all photography needs.

Services Used: Photography

Linda Wang is seriously awesome. First, and most importantly, the photographs from our wedding are really really good. She did a great job both with the portraits (outdoors, great light) and with the candid party shots (indoors, low light). And somehow, she managed to capture the joy of the event - the photos just make me smile. I love that.

In terms of the other stuff, Linda was really responsive (not to mention just genuinely nice) from the moment we first contacted her. Her price was super reasonable compared to most photographer's most basic, tiny package, and it was anything but tiny. Within three weeks of the wedding, she sent us a DVD with a LOT of photos, plenty of which were edited, with permission to share for non-commercial use. This was a big deal for us. At the wedding itself, she was incredibly easy to work with - unobtrusive, but definitely making the rounds and getting lots of photos throughout. We recommend her 1000%.

Private User
2+ years ago

It is KEY that you are comfortable with your photographer. With Linda, that was no problem. She is enthusiastic, super friendly, and kind. She puts you at ease immediately. You can tell that Linda loves shooting at weddings and you want that positive energy on your wedding day. It's a long day and having Linda there was such a comfort. I agree wholeheartedly with the other reviews that Linda is terrific at candids. She got really wonderful, funny and personal photos of both of us as well as our families and friends. I don't know how she does it, but she just knows how to get those candid shots that reflect the fun, love, and happiness on that day. Linda gave us a wide assortment of photos: black and whites, color, detailed shots (like our wedding cake, centerpieces, favors), posed, candids, artsy, traditional. We enjoyed the variety and the results really display her talent. I feel so fortunate that she was there to capture such a momentous event in my and my husband's life. Thank you Linda!

Services Used: Photography

I was very happy with how the photos Linda took for us turned out. My favorite pictures were the candid shots. Linda makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera which is key in taking good pictures.