Linda Wang Photography

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

Our photographs are SO amazing!! Linda did a great job. If you let her do her job you will not be disappointed! Thank you Linda!

Services Used: Photography

As the mother of the bride, I was thrilled to find Linda and her terrific wedding photography. She has a delightfully fresh style, that comes through in every shot. Now just 2 weeks after the wedding, we have all of our images and a slide show (with music) that captures the spirit and narrative of the wedding for all that were there as well as those that were not. I couldn't recommend her more highly!

Services Used: Photography

We had a great experience working with Linda and would highly recommend her for wedding photography. She's fun to work with and enthusiastic in a way that puts people at ease. We had about 75 guests, including children from 18 months to 12 years, and we were so pleased that Linda had great shots of literally everyone (and of course lots of pictures of us, too). There are some fantastic in-the-moment pictures from the reception. Linda was also very patient with the children in the formal, posed photos. She's hard-working and really cares about the quality of her work, but also clearly loves photographing weddings and enjoys looking for a new angle, unexpected lighting, or a memorable moment. I'm very happy with the results.

Shaunda
06/07/2014

Linda is an amazing photographer! We found her online after searching for a photojournalist to capture our wedding day. When we met her we could tell she was passionate about her work and took pride in taking beautiful photos. She was reasonably priced and was willing to accommodate based on our needs and budget. Linda showed up early on the big day and was everywhere trying to get the perfect shot, but we barely noticed she was there. Within a month we received our photos and they are absolutely beautiful. Linda even created a special slideshow to music so we could share with family and friends. Everyone has had nothing but rave reviews. We are definitely recommending Linda to others in the area.

Linda Wang Photography:

Dear Linda,

Thank you for sending the DVD filled with lovely, artistic, beautiful, heart warming, in-the-moment, sensational photos of our wedding celebration.

Thank you for being inspired and working tirelessly to capture the feelings and event moments of the day; we both love your style and artistic eye for photography.

You also are excellent with people and move through the crowd in a soft and wonderful way and add a beautiful energy to the event.

We have rated you as 5.0/5,0 !

Linda Wang, You’re the best !

Steve & Judy

Services Used: Photography

Before interviewing photographers for our wedding, I put together a pretty extensive (and time consuming) list of candidates from the area, even including photographers from Southern Maryland and Pennsylvania - probably around 75 professional and student photographers total. I sent the list to my photojournalist friend for feedback, and she gave her professional opinion and circled some names for me to interview. Linda was the first interview appointment that we had set up, and after meeting with her the first time we didn't even attempt to contact anyone else.

From the beginning Linda was extremely responsive to every question and request, usually responding within a half-day at most, and very friendly and professional. I couldn't have dreamed of a better deal for the price of our package, and we got so much more than the photos. We're eager to receive the pictures this week (she's also very prompt on delivery), but have gotten a sneak-peak already and are very pleased with the final results.

Linda arrived to the ceremony right on time (even though I was a little late, sorry Linda!) and followed us around snapping photos but we didn't even notice! This was one thing I was slightly worried about - feeling followed by the paparazzi, but she somehow managed to take scores of GBs of photos while remaining essentially unnoticed. Linda was all smiles the whole night, kept us in line with our timeline and photo ops, and our guests kept commenting on how professional she was.

We chose Linda because we wanted our wedding night to be documented as a story unfolding with every image - not posed and emotionless photos - and we recommend her to anyone who is looking for the same.

Services Used: Photography

You can stop looking for a photographer right now, because you have found the person to hire. Linda is AMAZING! Her photographs are beyond amazing -- she captured moments, personalities, relationships. You wouldn't think you could get so much detail from still photographs, but with Linda Wang, you do.

I was much more focused on the candid - real moments as they happen style of photography, and looking at Linda's portfolio, I knew we had a winner. But I also had 30+ family members at the wedding, so we wanted a lot of group shots as well. Let's just say, Christmas shopping was easy this year. Photos, photos, photos!

One of the best compliments I got, as the bride, was how much I was smiling. And yes - I was insanely happy on my wedding day. But Linda also had us so comfortable in front of the camera, and the same with all of our guests. Her photos are amazing, she is wonderful to work with and she is a kind and generous person.

All of my guests agreed - they would hire her too.

Why are you still looking at anyone else?!?!?

Services Used: Photography

Linda was fantastic to work with. She allowed moments to happen and knew how to balance our photographic needs with the demands of the wedding day. She understood our goals, including a greater focus on informal and candid pictures, but balanced those well with more traditional photographs. The images came back looking great and she made a great slideshow for us! We highly recommend her!

Kate
08/17/2013

My husband and I interviewed a few photographers but when we met Linda we knew that we wanted to use her. Her photos are not only gorgeous but they have a very personal feel that only comes with feeling comfortable with the photographer. She managed all of our friends and families and got all of the posed shots we wanted. She also was sort of like a ghost during the ceremony and the reception, I hardly ever saw her but was happy to see that she was there the whole time catching the most important moments. I highly recommend Linda, you will not be sorry.

Private User
1 Review
2+ years ago

Linda did our belated engagement photos in several locations in DC. I was amazed with the quality and creativity of the photographs. She spent a great deal of time listening to what we wanted and delivered on everything on our wish-list and more. Linda was enthusiastic, responsive, and clearly very talented. I have seen other engagement photo shoots that were priced well above Linda and am amazed with the superiority of her photos in comparison. We cannot recommend Linda enough and would hire her again in a heart beat for any and all photography needs.

Services Used: Photography

Linda Wang is seriously awesome. First, and most importantly, the photographs from our wedding are really really good. She did a great job both with the portraits (outdoors, great light) and with the candid party shots (indoors, low light). And somehow, she managed to capture the joy of the event - the photos just make me smile. I love that.

In terms of the other stuff, Linda was really responsive (not to mention just genuinely nice) from the moment we first contacted her. Her price was super reasonable compared to most photographer's most basic, tiny package, and it was anything but tiny. Within three weeks of the wedding, she sent us a DVD with a LOT of photos, plenty of which were edited, with permission to share for non-commercial use. This was a big deal for us. At the wedding itself, she was incredibly easy to work with - unobtrusive, but definitely making the rounds and getting lots of photos throughout. We recommend her 1000%.

Private User
2+ years ago

It is KEY that you are comfortable with your photographer. With Linda, that was no problem. She is enthusiastic, super friendly, and kind. She puts you at ease immediately. You can tell that Linda loves shooting at weddings and you want that positive energy on your wedding day. It's a long day and having Linda there was such a comfort. I agree wholeheartedly with the other reviews that Linda is terrific at candids. She got really wonderful, funny and personal photos of both of us as well as our families and friends. I don't know how she does it, but she just knows how to get those candid shots that reflect the fun, love, and happiness on that day. Linda gave us a wide assortment of photos: black and whites, color, detailed shots (like our wedding cake, centerpieces, favors), posed, candids, artsy, traditional. We enjoyed the variety and the results really display her talent. I feel so fortunate that she was there to capture such a momentous event in my and my husband's life. Thank you Linda!

Services Used: Photography

I was very happy with how the photos Linda took for us turned out. My favorite pictures were the candid shots. Linda makes you feel comfortable in front of the camera which is key in taking good pictures.

Services Used: Photography

My husband and I are extremely pleased with our engagement session with Linda. We are both very particular about the style we want for our pictures. Because of that, we had the hardest time finding a photographer that can capture our spontaneous/authentic moments together. Luckily for us, not only did Linda nail the “candid” style we were looking for, but she surprised us by making us look relaxed and “normal” in posed shots! We were not big fans of posing, as you’ve probably guessed, but she somehow made it work! Looking through the album, I found myself saying more than once “I didn’t know I’d look good with that!”, but that’s exactly what I love about Linda – she is great at revealing the uniquely beautiful side of people that even they may not be aware of. Artistic skills aside, Linda is also extremely punctual and responsible. She was very prompt with replying to my correspondences. She is also flexible enough to make the photos available to us earlier than the date we originally agreed so we could share them with our family. I’d highly recommend Linda’s service to anyone.

Services Used: Photography

My husband and I are thrilled that Linda Wang was available to be our photographer on our wedding day. From the start, she was always professional and responded promptly to our correspondences and once we met her, we both knew that her infectious energy would really bring out the best in us. As people who aren’t used to being in front of the camera all the time, we knew it would be essential to find someone we were comfortable with. Instead of going with just posed shots, Linda really encouraged and reassured us to be ourselves and to enjoy the moment. She has a great eye and you can tell that she loves just catching the right moment so that the images are fresh and true. We were excited by her portfolio before our wedding and she didn’t disappoint; we were really wowed afterwards when we saw our photos! She really captured the spirit and joy of our day. Not only did she take fantastic shots of the two of us, but she also captured the personalities of our friends and family members in images that we’ll always treasure. Linda really went above and beyond, and her skill and passion for photography were clear in the finished product!