Bridal Cakes by Ann

4.3
Flexibility
[Private]
0.5

Cakes by Ann is now under a new owner and they are terrible! I originally booked my cake on in March and put down a deposit. I emailed them 10 days later letting them know that I needed a cake stand with my cake, no response. I emailed them about a month after that saying I had emailed adding to my order and no response. They were not answering their phone when I tried to call during the week. I emailed a total of 3 times never getting anything back. I finally talked to someone in May and they had me text them the pictures. They never said anything when I texted the pictures so for all I knew they didn't even get them. I finally decided to go in on a Saturday when they have open tastings to the store where I ordered the cake and what do you know it was vacant. They didn't even let their customers know about this. This story can go on and on but the main point is that they do not respond to emails, texts or phone calls. There is no use trying to leave a voice-mail because their account says the voice-mail box system is full everytime I called. I had to call one time after another until they answered. They gave me my deposit back luckily but they were very rude about the whole situation. They have negative reviews on their facebook page and I should have listened to them. Don't waste your time if you are looking for someone professional.

1 Review
0.0

I hate to leave a horrible review, but I feel like I have to do this. From the very beginning I should have realized that this place was a big red flag. I found out later, that this place was recently sold to another person, and that's when the quality of the product and the level of professionalism really went down. We decided to place an order for a cake and that's when things started to get weird. She placed the order and took our money, but we didn't realize it at the time that we didn't get an invoice. My mother in law called back closer to our wedding appointment, and it was almost impossible to get a hold of her. She repeatedly told my mother-in-law that she would call back in 5-20 minutes, only to never have that happen. I mean literally she was told this same thing several times, and she never remembered who we were. She acted like we were complete strangers every time we spoke with her or met with her. My mother in law just wanted to pay for the cake, and they had completely lost our order! On the big day, when my husband and I walked in to cut our cake, we saw a 3-tier cake, and the bottom layer looked like a store bought sheet cake. This was nothing like what we ordered hence it was supposed to be a 4 tier circular cake with fresh berries and light icing. The cake at least tasted great, but that was the only positive. We found out later, that at 6 pm right about the time of our reception, we didn't have a cake. They were frantically looking for it, and when they finally tracked it down, 4 hours after the scheduled delivery time, it had broken in transit. The whole cake slid apart, and the two bottom layers broke apart. So they took one of the sheet cakes, and plopped it on the bottom, and put the top 2 tiers on. Their response about being 4 hours late, was that they had to drive 50 miles, which is what they had agreed on about a year before. They were only 45-60 minutes away and they were a preferred vendor. I was heart broken. Absolutely horrible.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We chose to go a different route in terms of our wedding cake and went with several different flavors of cake pops. We received more compliments on our decision and could not have been happier with Bridal Cakes by Ann

4.2

Our cake was delicious!! All of the cake flavors were great - it was hard to choose a flavor. We had a little bit of a difficult time getting ahold of management at one point, but everything turned out great!

0.2

We went with Bridal Cakes by Ann because of Ann's reputation. We found out later (by our reception venue) after making some payments that Ann had sold the business to someone else. it is not Bridal Cakes. The new owner still has not said the company is sold. We decided to go along with it. Big mistake. I sat in the Kenosha location for 45 minutes just to issue a final payment. She doesn't send receipts and gives you a run around when trying to get them. I have to wait to see my wedding pictures to find out what the cake looked like prior to the cake topper falling off and messing up the front of it. Since the entire cake was leaning to the side nothing would stay on. My cake topper broke before we were even announced and walked in. It was supposed to be crossed squares that ended up not being done correctly. The sheet cake ordered as extra should have had designs as well. It was plan. Would not recommend this location again. The cake was great but the disaster that came with it wasn't worth it.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

We used Bridal Cakes by Ann for our wedding this past weekend. Instead of a traditional tiered cake, we had a two-tiered small cake on top, and cupcakes. There were so many designs and options to choose from. The display was outstanding and looked so nice, and the cake was delicious as well!! I would definitely recommend Bridal Cakes by Ann to anyone looking for an affordable and beautiful wedding cake.

01/17/2015

Ann and her helpful team are great! Even if the communication was always the best in the end the cake was phenomenal and they always made sure we were happy! Oh and it was so delicious!!!!

Kim
09/20/2014

I was not able to meet with Ann or her staff to design my wedding cake, but I was able to send in details of what I wanted. I did not receive a design back, but Ann was able to understand my design perfectly! When I was able to see my cake at my Reception, it was exactly what I wanted! I don't know how she did it, but it was amazing! I had time to sample a small piece, but I had excellent reviews on taste from my family and friends!

Heather
09/13/2014

The service was great and the cupcakes were amazing for our wedding. It was so beautiful and the top tier cake for the bridal party was fantastic. No complaints and highly recommended.

1+ year ago

Bridal Cakes made the most delicious cake for my special day! Ann gave great recommendations and was very professional. I could not hear enough about how great the cake was from the guests! It was perfect and exactly what I wanted!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Very creative, simple elegance that was so scrumptious, the cake combinations that we had were savory, tart, bold popping flavors, that were not traditional i.e. black pepper almond poppy cake with caramel pepper white chocolate truffle mousse, cinnamon red velvet with cherries iced with dark chocolate ganache, lemon cake with mango mousse, and green tea pound cake for our topper. Our wedding was a rustic wedding theme with burlap, lace, succulents and raffia. It was beautiful with moist, melt in your mouth ingredients, and creamiest buttercream. We recommend this bakery for any occasion, thanks again Ann!

3.9

Ann provided a beautiful cake for my wedding. The only issue was that she was not nevery flexible with the colors of ribbon that I wanted on my cake so I had to go out and purchase my own. I'm not sure if the following was our venue's issue or not, but during our wedding our dinner captain approached us and let us know that there was not enough cake to go around so we had to cut into the layer that was just for my husband and I. Either the cake was too small or the venue cut too large of peices however I noticed that the peices were pretty small. I'd overestimate your guest count to make sure that everyone gets a slice without having to cut into the top layer.

1+ year ago

The tasting and the ordering process went really well. We picked out a cake and it was as beautiful as we pictured. The only issue we had was the white cake that we ordered had a lemon flavoring to it, which is not what we wanted. I called this vendor and we are in the process of trying to figure out what happened and how to fix. While it wasn't what we ordered it still tasted good to our guests and appreciate the bakery working with us for a resolution.

Jill and Adrian
03/29/2014

Ann was a breeze to work with! AND, her wedding white cake and butter cream roses are one of a kind!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Delicious and beautiful! My cake was included in our reception package, and it was wonderful.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My Husband and I are creative in our professional lives and wanted to make an elegant expression of our union with our theme & wedding cake. We found an amazing specialty shop in Kenosha, WI & Zion, IL. It's Bridal Cakes by Ann, they had everything organized, professional, custom designed to what we wanted, amazing cake flavors to choose from, and excellent customer service. I was impressed with their technology and sweet treats! They were flexible with our requests, packaging, and delivered everything perfectly! We highly recommend them, the cake was all gone, nothing was left from sweet table desserts, and everyone just loved their thank you gifts, a slice of cake in the form of a push pop!