633 North 8th Street, Sheboygan, WI 53081 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Deals 1
  • Meet the Team

About Whisk

Based in Sheboygan, Wisconsin, Whisk specializes in making wedding cakes. Using locally-sourced ingredients, lead baker Shawna is passionate about promoting health by producing delicious and diet-friendly cakes that all of her clients can enjoy. With a range of trendy and seasonal flavors, Shawna will strive to create a cake that caters to your dietary needs while tantalizing your palate.

Whisk offers a selection of services designed to ensure that you receive your perfect wedding cake. Shawna’s can accommodate a variety of dietary requirements, including vegan, paleo, and ketogenic. Her desserts are free of refined sugar, gluten, grain, and soy. You and your partner can choose from an array of distinctive flavors, such as chocolate blackberry lavender, almond pear, and lavender honey. Further aspects of Whisk’s service include:

• Consultations
tasetfully childish 51 1975563 159482602190769

1 Reviews for Whisk

Whisk FAQ

$ 10
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake?
    Anniversary Cake
  • What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?
    $ 5
  • What services do your prices include?
    Consultation
    Custom Cake Design
    Delivery
    Set Up
  • What types of desserts do you provide?
    Cakes
    Cookies
    Dessert Buffet
    Groom's Cake
  • What services do you provide?
    Consultations
    Custom Design
    Delivery
    Setup
    Tastings - Private
  • What cake items do you provide?
    Cake Stands
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate?
    Diabetic
    Gluten Free
    Kosher
    Lactose Free
    Nut Free
    Vegan
  • What special ingredients do you use?
    Fresh Fruit
    Local
    Organic
  • Are you licensed by the state health department?

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Whisk 1
    5% discount for WeddingWire couples

Team of Whisk

Shawna Silberzahn

Shawna Silberzahn

Owner

I found my passion for grain-free baking after making several lifestyle changes that greatly impacted my health. After being diagnosed with severe gluten-intolerance, hormone imbalance, and ADHD I decided it was time to really address my lifestyle to help support my body and mind. Now, I want to be able to provide a space where you can enjoy delicious, beautiful bakery and coffee that doesn’t compromise the joy of celebrating with family and friends because of a restricted diet.

I grew up helping my mom (who also happens to be a baker) in the kitchen. I loved mixing things up, tasting it and seeing the joy on people’s faces when they tasted what we made. I have fond memories of picking a flavor birthday cake each year for my birthday and enjoying my mom’s homemade creation.

After finishing my bachelor’s degree in Health Promotion & Nutrition, I became more and more aware of the importance of food and how it impacted my health. Shortly after school, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and my dad was battling high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and pre-diabetes. My brother was pre-diabetic. I began losing several family members to heart disease and cancer. Something had to change! After reading about it, I switched over to a Paleo-based diet. I was convinced diet and lifestyle played a huge role in chronic disease and prevention. I saw amazing changes in my health, and my family including reduced medication for my dad and a clear cancer diagnoses for my mom, I was really convinced that this was something I needed to share.

Now, having a clearer picture of my own health story, I’m willing to offer support and love to those also going through challenges trying to stick to a lifestyle that makes them healthier in a way I know best - through food. To this day, my own two kiddos and family follow a Paleo-Based diet. I love making them treats for their birthdays and other special occasions that I can feel good about and know that they won’t make them feel “yucky” – even my littest who is allergic to eggs can enjoy cake and cookies!

I decided to support those making healthier lifestyle changes with something that we all agree is hard to avoid: parties, events, weddings and other celebrations. Who can say no to cake? Not to mention, if you’re like me, and you battle an autoimmune condition such as celiac disease it can be downright detrimental to your health! Now you can have your cake and eat it too.

Enjoy and celebrate with your friends and family again, without compromising your health.

+ More Details