Baltazar Photography | DC Wedding Photographer

932 Hungerford Drive
Suite 4a
Rockville, MD 20850 | map
Style: Contemporary, Photojournalism, Traditional / Posed
Packages: Albums, Custom Graphic Design, Digital Files, Flush ...
Liability Insurance: Yes
Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We were beyond pleased with the quality of service provided by Baltazar Photography. We were lucky to work with Chris for our engagement session and wedding. The photos captured by Chris are stunning and we couldn't be happier. I strongly recommend Baltazar Photography for your special occasion!

• Wedding: 06/28/2014
CMH
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We worked with Chris from Baltazar Photography to shoot one of our pre-wedding events. Chris was extremely professional and easy to work with. He had our pictures ready in about 2 weeks after our wedding and he did an amazing job with our pictures! We had a traditional Indian wedding and Chris captured the essence of our event through his camera lens. He has a great attention to detail and took very detailed shots of our event as well as lots of candid pictures of us and our families and friends. We only wish that Chris was available on our actual wedding day as he would have been our first choice for our wedding photography. We would highly recommend working with Chris from Baltazar Photography!

• Wedding: 08/03/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We are really happy we chose Baltazar Photography to photograph our special day. Chris and his team did an excellent job and really captured the important moments of our wedding! My husband and I can't stop looking at our amazing pictures. We were also impressed with their professionalism and quality or work. I definitely recommend Baltazar Photography to capture your wedding day!

• Wedding: 1+ year ago
Private User
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Very friendly, professional, and quality photographer who did our engagement photos and wedding photos. It was great to have the sneak peek of the photos on his blog to share with others. Looking forward to dig into the many photos that he shared with us from our day.

• Wedding: 09/22/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We absolutely LOOOOVE our photos by Baltazar Photography!!! Their photography is definitely worth the investment, and the entire studio works with great professionalism. The turnaround time is great, and we didn't have to wait long for our at all for our photos... which made us super happy! We shared Baltazar's blog entry that featured our photos with friends and family, and everyone commented on how great and elegant the photos turned out. We had Bradley as our photographer, and our entire family and bridal party loved him! He is very personable, great to work with, knows how to direct well, and has a great passion for photography. We only had 1 photographer for our sizeable wedding (about 240 guests), and Bradley made sure all the great details and moments were captured. We look forward to working with Baltazar Photography again, or seeing them at a future wedding!

• Wedding: 09/01/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We hired Chris Baltazar as our wedding photographer in Old Alexandria, VA and we absolutely love the images he captured of us on our special day. Finding the right photographer can be very challenging especially when it comes to wedding pictures. We were on a budget and only had an hour for pictures. Sounds impossible right? Well, you would never have known we only shot for an hour!! Chris was really on top of it and took so many amazing pictures of us. He had great time management and knew that our time was limited with him so he got right to work the second he showed up. Also he knew Old Alexandria well, and he even gave us a little extra time to finish the last few shots that we really loved, and on top of all that, he's a super nice guy!!! Chris even took some extra scenic pictures of the area that tied into our theme where we got married and he included them with our wedding pictures. We felt so lucky to find Chris. If you're looking to hire someone who is super talented, affordable, and most importantly someone who really cares about making sure they capture your special day the right way, then call Chris Baltazar. We've recommended him to all of our friends and family. Thanks again Chris!!!

Erik and Jackie

• Wedding: 08/12/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Baltazar Photography is the BEST! We love all of our engagement photos and wedding photos! Even our friends and family agree!
They are very professional and fun to work with. Chris and Jerold took all our photos and they look amazing! They are very TALENTED!
They did a wonderful job! Chris as the owner is very organized, responsive and patient. I love the BLOG as well. They post all photos taken which is easier to share w/ friends & family. (Not all photographers do that!) I got all my wedding photos in about two weeks! That's impressive! I highly recommend Baltazar Photography! Trust me, you are in great hands w/ them! Thank you Chris & Jerold for the amazing, beautiful photos!
- Jo Melissa & Andrew
July 28, 2012
St. Regis Hotel Washington, D.C.

• Wedding: 07/28/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

his photography studio definitely offers the most bang for your buck. They are well organized, professional, accommodating, and incredibly personable. For our wedding, we were lucky to have Godfried and Bradley as our photographers. They worked in tandem and other than during posed portraits, I don't believe I ever saw them - though I know they took a million photos. They were unobtrusive and yet attentive. Anytime I was in need of a photographer, one was there within seconds to capture the moment - usually without me having to look for them. Our wedding was outdoors and in late July - upper 90s. The photographers did not let the heat slow them down. I cannot wait to see the amazing shots Bradley and Godfried captured on our wedding day. I can't thank them and their studio enough.

• Wedding: 07/28/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chris and Bradley did a phenomenal job for our Indian wedding. My husband is very particular about photography, and he was really impressed with them from start to finish. You can see from his website that he's an amazing photographer. But for a wedding, you need photographers that are really great at being present without being obvious and someone who can keep his cool when working with large groups of (not always cooperative) people. Trying to coordinate members of my family is particularly difficult, and Chris has clearly mastered staying cool when other people suggest how people should be positioned for a photo. He also did an excellent job of being discreet in the bridal prep room, taking photos from a distance, but zooming in, so he wouldn't interfere with those of us getting ready. We had a lot of questions leading up to the wedding because we just didn't know how a lot of wedding details worked, but Chris was always responsive and easy to work with. We had an incredible experience with Chris and Bradley and would wholeheartedly recommend them for any event!

• Wedding: 06/30/2012
Memory
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chris and his team were amazing! They were fun to work with and made us feel really relaxed on our big day. The style of the photos were artist, and perfectly captured the emotion of each moment. We were the third wedding in my extended family to use Baltazar Photography and we continued to be extremely pleased with their work.

• Wedding: 05/26/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chris Baltazar and his team are highly professional and they made us feel very comfortable during the day. They were very discreet and captured amazing shots! The quality of the pictures was excellent and we've received a lot of compliments on them from family and friends. They were able to capture the memories from our wedding day that we'll cherish for a long time. We recommend Baltazar Photography for wedding photography!

• Wedding: 05/20/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Our wedding photos are whimsical, romantic and beautiful. Chris and his team exude a happy vibe, while always remaining calm and collected. Loved that! They were so easy to work with and very flexible. The photography was never a concern for me as a bride after my initial meeting with Chris, and subsequent emails and calls prior to the wedding. Highly recommend Baltazar Photography to any bride & groom seeking breathtaking photos to capture all the moments of their special day!

• Wedding: 12/10/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Chris and Jerold shot our wedding photos and they did an amazing job! As a bride, I didn't have to worry one bit about the pictures, because they captured every bit of the details of the whole day, and I can't stop smiling seeing the results! Also, the comfort zone was definitely there. My husband, who has a 7 year old son, is super shy in front of the camera, grew very comfortable. We're extremely satisfied of all the memories we have all because of Chris and Jerold's awesome work!

• Wedding: 11/12/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I first heard about Chris from another photographer who was not available for my wedding day. She had worked with him before and highly recommended him. After reviewing his work online and reading other reviews about him, we set up a phone call. Right off the bat, he impressed my fiance and me. He was professional, courteous and very competent. We also liked his work a lot - it's not too "posey-posey" and he has a great eye for capturing moments and the range of emotions on a wedding day very well. I think he would describe it as photojournalistic - his pictures really help tell a story.

We live out of town, but subsequently met up with him. In person, he is professional, courteous, funny, down-to-earth, cool guy. My fiance really liked him and said that Chris would be the kind of guy we'd be friends with if we lived closer. I agree.

I also liked the fact that Chris is very organized and on top of things. Before the wedding, we corresponded regularly through email and he had us fill out a few questionnaires so he was clear on what we wanted and the schedule for the day.

On the wedding day, Chris came with another colleague, Jerold (although we had not expected nor paid for two photographers) but they worked so well together. Both were constantly roving around the room, looking for great shots. They were good at rallying up the family and bridal party for pictures, but otherwise were very non-intrusive and worked well with all our vendors.

And finally...the pictures! We just saw the online proof of some of the pictures, and they are fantastic. In sum, Chris and his team are awesome. You can't go wrong with him - the awards are more than justified and I would *highly* recommend him to any bride/groom. One last note: for his caliber and skill, I think his pricing is very fair.

• Wedding: 2+ years ago
Private User
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Kind, patient, creative and seemless. Captured all the moments I would have imagined we wanted and so many more. They gave us a perfect mix of shots of the bride and goom, family portraits, candids of friends, spontaneous posed shots, and all the big and little details throughout the day.

• Wedding: 10/22/2011
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Baltazar Photography is the best photography company, hands down. we did our engagement session with them as well as our wedding photography. their photographers were courteous, professional, likeable, and flexible, by the 2-week mark, Chris [Baltazar] had already blogged about our wedding and posted a plethora of 'photographer favorites'. the pictures we've seen so far are AMAZING and we are so excited to start putting together our album.

Baltazar Photography has a few levels of packages to fit all kinds of budgets, but remember, your photography is one of the areas you do not want to skimp on, and they are worth the money.

• Wedding: 09/24/2011
202-486-8600
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards