1899 Farmhouse

Flexibility
Amanda
05/29/2015
4.7

This venue is beautiful! I really enjoyed the ceremony and the reception, and it was nice having some options for the ceremony location within the property. I would have loved it if the wedding could have gone past midnight. I felt a little rushed with everything, but the fact that it is their home, it makes sense that they do not want people there to all hours of the night. Overall, I really enjoyed my experience with Farmhouse 1899, and am glad we chose it for our wedding.

3.3

The venue is absoultely beautiful! We booked our wedding over a year in advance. Several rules had been added since booking such as a time limit on the bar. The owners were very flexible and did work with us on the change in rules. they do take the rules of no heavy drinking very seriously and be prepared for that to be the main point of focus and discussion. This was made very clear at our rehearsal where the wedding party was told multiple times about the drinking rules. We opted to use their sound equipment and not hire a DJ. This mean that their kids ran the DJ booth which was fine but they also did eat the food that was provided. A little heads up that their kids would be helping out and eating the food would have been nice. Overall we had a good experience minus a few hiccups.

Laurie
05/03/2015

I stumbled across the 1899 Farmhouse in my internet searches for a venue. At the time, they were running a special, and we were able to get 25% off the list price. We did not have time to visit before booking, so we based our opinion on photos, reviews, and interactions with Shea Lyn. I'm glad we went with our gut feelings because we absolutely loved the farmhouse!! It is run by a husband and wife team, and they were easy to work with. They were always positive and quick to answer questions. They were both there on the day of the wedding. The venue is absolutely lovely! Our ceremony was under the trees in the front yard. It was lush and green. They setup the chairs and tables and provide the linens. Except for the bartender, you are able to pick your own vendors. If you are considering an outdoor wedding, I would highly recommend the farmhouse.

Jennifer
03/21/2015

I love this venue!!! We were looking for a beautiful outdoor/indoor venue that did not have a corporate manufactured feel and the 1899 Farmhouse fit the vision perfectly. It feels like you are having your wedding at home! So sweet and charming and just beautiful. The owners are such a dream to work. So friendly and professional. You really the sense that they really care on a personal level about the success of your day. They worked very hard to make sure that everything went exactly they way we wanted. The price is great especially considering how much you get for the price!
Love them!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I absolutely love this place! beautiful location and amazing owners.
there are many options of location on the property and vendors around the area. i also had my bridals taken here for free since i was having my wedding there. the are is nice a quiet since it is away from any major towns and very easy to find.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We couldn't have been more pleased with this venue. Our guests were amazed at how beautiful it was and with the expansive grounds, there was plenty to do. We wanted to use the grounds fully so we brought in tailgating games and a snow cone machine and it was a total hit. Richard and Shea Lynn are wonderful people to work with and it's special knowing they are fulfilling God's calling on their life through their family business. There are many places to choose from at the Farmhouse to hold the ceremony and the pavillion is perfect for the reception. Thanks again!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Richard and Shea Lyn have a gorgeous venue! I did not want a traditional church wedding and the 1899 Farmhouse was a great outdoor location that does not need a lot of decoration. We chose to marry under the pecan trees in the front yard...the photos were stunning! We had roughly 200 attendants and we all fit comfortably under the pavilion for the reception. Ice was stocked (added fee but well worth it), bathrooms were super clean, tables set up how I had asked with linens already on (one less thing to worry about), the trees are all light up at no extra charge which makes for great pictures. If you are the type of couple that wants yard games at the wedding, there is plenty of room for that outside the pavilion. Our guests loved the 1899 Farmhouse! My husband and I loved the 1899 Farmhouse! We chose what vendors we wanted...no required list. I had tons of questions and Shea Lyn did her absolutely best to answer them all. The 1899 Farmhouse is their home and they have a family to raise first, but we could not have asked for a better place to marry! Thank y'all so much for such a beautiful place!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at 1899 Farmhouse a couple of weeks ago. Right from the beginning Shea Lyn and Richard were great to work with! Very organized and professional and so quick to respond to questions and email. We knew an outdoor wedding in September was a risk. Expecting 100 degrees and sunny we got 75 and rainy. They were so flexible the day of, setting up indoor and outdoor just in case. The rain stopped at the last minute and we had a beautiful ceremony outdoors. I know it was a lot of work but they made it seem seamless. They were great to work with our vendors and anything we wanted. Highly recommend them! Great value for the price, easy to work with, and such a beautiful location!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful farm for any rustic/country wedding. 3 different locations for your wedding to choose from. I had 200-210 guests and managed to accommodate all of them. It was gorgeous and clean. The bridal suite was large and comfortable. The grooms suite had a flat screen and cable.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music

Beautiful venue. Very nice couple who owns it. Over-the-top pleased with our experience.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

1899 Farmhouse was the perfect venue! It was so wonderful having our ceremony and reception all at the same place. The owners were so wonderful with helping us and answering all of our questions!!! They made sure everything went perfectly. I used the DJ and officiant from their referrals, and they were fabulous as well. If you want the perfect wedding, 1899 Farmhouse is the place to go!!!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was perfect and turned out just like we imagined with this location!
Enjoyed the venue and owners, Shea Lynn and Richard are pleasant to work with. The fireworks were great!

Ashly
10/20/2013

We loved this place. It is beautiful and the staff were great to work with. Our guests are still raving about how beautiful it was out there. Thank you! We highly recommend 1899 Farmhouse!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Loved EVERYTHING about having my wedding at the Farmhouse! It was perfect, Shay Lynn and Richard were so helpful and accommodating!

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Shae Lynn and Richard were awesome to work with. All the way up to the day of the wedding, their response time was super fast and they were very helpful. The venue was GORGEOUS and we are so glad we chose them to work with.

Services Used: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The farmhouse is beautiful. I couldn’t have picked a better place to have my wedding. The owners are great and really flexible and willing to do whatever is needed to help. Everyone has said it is the most fun they have ever had at a wedding.