Christa and Adam were married on the beach at the Henlopen Hotel in Rehoboth Beach, Del. on July 5. The bride looked radiant in a one-shoulder sheath gown with her hair in a partial updo. She carried a bouquet of baby’s breath, hydrangeas, and alstroemerias. Her ‘maids donned short, periwinkle dresses and carried baby’s breath bouquets. The groom looked dapper in gray dress pants and a matching vest. He sported a purple and blue checkered plaid tie. His groomsmen wore gray dress pants, suspenders, and periwinkle ties. The intimate crowd of family and friends gathered on the beach to watch Christa and Adam exchange vows in front of a white arch decorated with flowers. Glass bubble terrariums filled with sand and hydrangeas served as aisle markers, and guests sat in white folding chairs. They blew bubbles at the couple as they recessed down the aisle! A reception followed at the hotel where guests enjoyed passed appetizers and champagne during the cocktail hour, followed by a delicious dinner. The reception included sand-filled candles, lanterns, and sea glass, among other beach-themed decor. The personalized napkins had the phrase “Eat Drink Celebrate” printed on them, and guests enjoyed a tier of sugar-coated brownies for dessert. The seaside day was full of love and lifelong memories were created.
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
When we first started looking at reception venues, we began with a few of the most common in our area. Although they were all beautiful, we just couldn’t envision ourselves celebrating there on our wedding day. We then decided to go and look around the campus of the University of Michigan where we had met and began dating four years earlier. We walked into the Michigan League ballroom and knew instantly that it would be the perfect venue for our reception! We both had been in the Michigan League many times before for different undergraduate events and the thought of having our wedding take place on the very campus where it all began just seemed too perfect to pass up!
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. Our wedding cake was something we looked forward to seeing from our very first meeting with G.M Paris Bakery. The sketch they drew was just what we had in mind, and the finished product was more beautiful than we ever could have dreamed of! It was a focal point for our cocktail hour and was delicious tasting as well!
2. Bridget grew up Irish dancing, so we planned for an Irish dancing surprise at our wedding for all of our guests. It was so much fun incorporating an important piece of her heritage in to our wedding day and to witness the excitement for all of our friends and family. We also made homemade Irish short bread with an Italian thank you message for our favors and had cannoli filling in the cake to incorporate Jordan’s Italian heritage!
3. When we began planning our wedding, we both really wanted to have live music. We were so excited to find the band Cancel Monday and to have them perform at our reception. They are amazingly talented, kept the dance floor full all night and people are still talking about how great they were!
3. Give us the one moment in your wedding day you can’t stop thinking about.
Bridget- The moment that I can’t stop thinking about is when Jordan and I were introduced as Mr. and Mrs. into our reception with the Michigan fight song! We hadn’t seen the ballroom yet so to finally see everything all come together with all of our friends and family cheering for us was a moment I will remember forever!
Jordan- The one moment I still frequently think about from our wedding day is the look on Bridget’s face when she was walking down the aisle. It was such a special moment and one I will never forget!