Lindsay & TJ
Old Lyme, Connecticut
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
Its location. We wanted our wedding to have a traditional New England summertime feel to it. We chose a picturesque church for our ceremony and a beautiful beach area in which to do our portraits, and the country club is in close proximity to both. Our venue is also representative of us as a couple – we love to play sports and spend time outside, and the country club is set on a golf course and has an indoor and outdoor component.
2. Which four details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. Flowers — simply gorgeous.
2. Cupcakes — adorable and tasty.
3. Stationary — the Green Kangaroo’s invitations, programs, place cards, and table numbers were flawless.
4. Bridesmaids and Groomsmen Attire — our sisters and brothers comprised our bridal party, and they looked perfect. Each bridesmaid wore something reflective of her style yet in keeping with our theme and color.
3. If you could offer one piece of advice for other couples planning their wedding, what would it be?
Invest in an amazing photographer. Although you are always told that a wedding goes by quickly, you don’t fully understand how true that statement is until you experience your own wedding. By investing in an amazing photographer, as we did with Candace Jeffery, you are instilled with confidence that your beautiful memories will be captured in photos, and you are given something tangible to forever cherish.
4. Give us the one moment in your wedding you can’t stop thinking about.
Our sunset photos, which took place on the golf course about halfway through out reception. This was the first moment that my husband and I got to be alone with one another, yet we could still hear the excitement of our family and friends in the background. It was also a moment in which we got to reflect on the beauty of our day, which as cliché as it sounds, truly was the best day of our lives.