Julie & Andrew
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
The red barn. Andrew and I always knew we would get married in Vermont — we met in Vermont while at school. The Inn at Baldwin Creek is known for their food so it was at the top of our list when we started looking for venues. As soon as we walked on the property, we saw the barn and knew this was the place.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. The ceremony. We planned to have the wedding ceremony in the flower garden, but due to a sudden rain shower, it was moved to the barn. Listening to the rain hit the roof while saying our vows was magical. As soon as we said our I dos, the rain stopped!
2. The best man and maid of honor speeches. They were both so funny and touching.
3. The food was outstanding.
3. Give us the one moment from your wedding you can’t stop thinking about.
Dancing with our friends and family.
Jessica & Jack
East Fairfield, Vermont
Q & A with the Bride:
1. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
I loved them all! The sailcloth tents, the lighting, the flowers, the stationary, the photobooth Jack made, my dress and shoes, the sky lanterns, the fireworks–everything just came together so perfectly. I couldn’t have asked for more.
2. If you could offer one piece of advice for other couples planning their wedding, what would it be?
As a floral designer, I always tell brides to pick one theme and stick with it. Once you’ve settled on an idea, you shouldn’t look at or tag anything that doesn’t fit with your vision. Also, offer your guests something to do in addition to dancing, so they don’t leave early. We had tables set up in the lounge tent with a box of board games and cards so that guests, who didn’t want to dance, would have something fun to do instead.
3. Give us one moment from your wedding day that you can’t stop thinking about.
When Jack and I talk about our wedding, two things we always mention are how truly happy and in love we both were that day and still are, and how amazing it was to watch 40 sky lanterns (lit by our guests) float away into a sky of fireworks after the sun had set.