Ashley & Scott
Andrews, North Carolina
Q & A with the Bride & Groom:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
It offered a unique, weekend-long destination for our friends and family where we could relax in a beautiful mountainside location and celebrate our big day. It allowed us to devote cherished time with each guest and that was the most important thing we wanted to accomplish.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. The lovely bunting my sister made for us. My sister, Olivia, lives abroad and spent hours sewing lace and burlap together for yards and yards of gorgeous bunting. It was so beautiful around our reception site!
2. The homemade cookies our mothers baked, including personalized stamps. My mother made shortbread dough at home and transported it all the way to North Carolina. She and my little sister then baked, stamped and packaged all of the delicious cookies in their cabin on-site. They were stamped with one of my husband’s favorite things, a robot, as well as our names and our wedding date. Michelle and Carl with Keepsake Memories Photography took one of my favorite pictures with our rings on the cookies. Scott’s mom is also known among friends and family for her chocolate chip cookies. Sharon was nice enough to take the time to bake these delectable treats for our dessert table.
3. The wedding ceremony was officiated by Scott’s father, who worked closely with us to personalize every aspect of the service. As someone who knew us and our guests so well, he made an otherwise intimate moment between a bride and groom much more meaningful for all of our attendees.
3. Give us the one moment in your wedding day you can’t stop thinking about.
Scott: Seeing Ashley walking down the long path toward me with her father as the ceremony began. It had been a whirlwind of a day working out last minute details and making sure everything was perfect for her, but to see her in her wedding dress for the first time with such a gorgeous smile on her face was a moment I’ll remember forever. Either that or the food.