Molly & Nick
Hanover, New Hampshire
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
I wanted my wedding to have a personal, warm and natural feel to it. I also wanted to create a space that would be rustic yet elegant. The perfect venue was my parents’ log cabin restaurant Jesse’s in Hanover, New Hampshire. I was able to add the elegant touches to the log cabin restaurant by working with my Mom and Lynda Dandeaneau, who added all the little details throughout the restaurant. Also the finishing touches were the beautiful sail cloth tent and handmade harvest tables made by Brandon Blood of Bloods Catering.
2. Which three details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. My non- traditional ceremony – It was everything I wanted and more. My husband Nick and I are not religious people, and we are both free spirits. We wanted our ceremony to be in an outside open area. We decided on the Bema at Dartmouth. The Bema is an outside, natural amphitheater in the middle of the woods in downtown Hanover, New Hampshire. It was the perfect place. I realized my childhood dream of arriving at a magical place in a horse drawn carriage. We got out of the carriage and walked down the aisle to the music of an incredibly talented guitar player whose music features a reggae twist. My favorite part of the ceremony was that my father was the Justice of the Peace and married us. Instead of traditional readings, my Mom and two close friends gave us heartfelt advice for our future as husband and wife. For the recessional, we walked out to my Mom and Dad’s wedding song, Bob Dylan’s “You Ain’t Goin’ Nowhere”.
2. My dress – it was fabulous! Definitely, the centerpiece of the wedding!
3. The ambience, the flowers, farm tables and candlelight everywhere.
3. Give us the one moment from your wedding that you can’t stop thinking about.
It was almost the end of the night, and Nick and I were finally able to sit back and observe everything together. As we toasted to the amazing day we had, we looked out on the dance floor-it was packed. All of our guests were on the dance floor, including the wait staff! We smiled at each other and talked about how lucky we were to have had such an amazing day. It meant so much to us that so many friends and family that traveled all this way to celebrate with us. Seeing everyone havIng such a wonderful time made our night. Nick grabbed my hand and we joined them! My wedding was a dream come true for me!