The fall season is known for its vivid colors and just-right weather; the perfect combination for a romantic honeymoon. Whether you prefer mountain views or calming waterfront scenery, autumn is a great time to enjoy nature and each other’s company. Read on to learn more about some gorgeous destinations for bright leaves and intimate getaways:
1. The Alps: The Alps expand across the European nations of France, Italy, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Germany, and Slovenia; all of which boast beautiful views of these enchanting mountains. Autumn colors scattered on the Alps in France, Italy, and Austria make for an unforgettable honeymoon experience while tours in Austria and Switzerland add some excitement to your trip.
2. New England: From the gold leaves around the city of Boston to the foliage surrounding apple orchards in Vermont, New England has plenty of breathtaking destinations for autumn-lovers. In Massachusetts, visitors can lose themselves in the warm colors near the coast on Cape Cod or through the winding roads of the Berkshires. Maine’s variety of vibrant maples and oaks allow honeymooners to enjoy hours of harvest festivals or just take relaxing strolls through its charming forests.
3. Aspen, Colorado: Aspen was named after a well-known tree which turns bright golden-yellow and ignites Colorado scenery in September. With the Rocky Mountains, Twin Lakes, and the Maroon Bells wilderness area, there are plenty of photo opportunities for you and your loved one to cherish for years after your picture-perfect honeymoon.
4. England: Not only does New England have impressive foliage, but so does ‘old England.’ Hop across the pond to visit castles surrounded by brilliant hues and small villages with crisp autumn mornings. England’s Lake District has much in the way of colorful waterfront scenes complete with swans and sailboats. Not far from the lakes is Lancaster, a historic town that’s full of natural beauty.
5. Asheville, North Carolina: With temperatures in the 60s and 70s, Asheville is the ideal destination for honeymooners who want to enjoy autumn’s beauty but don’t want to bundle up too much. Enjoy magnificent leaf displays during the day then cozy up at a sweet bed and breakfast in the heart of western North Carolina’s largest city. The Blue Ridge Mountains have one of the longest leaf seasons, so you don’t have to worry about missing peak colors- even if your wedding date is set for late October.