When you start planning a wedding, there are some typical questions that eager onlookers will ask you. One of which being what kind of flowers you will have. So, even if flowers are not your number one focus, they are always going to be on that checklist of decisions to make. When deciding what flowers you want, you will need to pay attention to what is in season, the symbolism, the color scheme, and price, but what happens when floral is the theme? Then you are going to be paying attention to how to incorporate that floral design in the details of your wedding.
The Bridal Bouquet …. of course.
It may seem like a duh to point out that you should feature a floral design in a flower bouquet, but the point I want to emphasize is that the bridal bouquet is a focal point to the wedding and more particularly the floral tone. Thus, the bouquet should feature the main flower (or flowers) that you are using as the center stage or focal flower. Also, this means that you will want to and almost need to make that bouquet a piece of art or beauty. The above bouquet is a great example of someone utilizing a flower’s shape and color to create a cohesive floral look that can either enhance any wedding theme, or can act as a base of the light and fresh floral theme.
The Flower Girl and Ring Bearer
The flower girl does seem like another obvious choice to add in that flower detail, but what about the ring bearer? A floral designed pillow is a great way to tie in that floral theme. The lily inspired ringer bearer pillow on the right is great because its design is a little more abstract, making it a less obtuse way of scattering that floral design throughout the wedding ceremony. If you want something a little more literal, a bearer pillow like the one on the right from Wedding Star would be an equally lovely choice.
Categories: Flowers, Uncategorized
Tags: bridal bouquet, floral wedding theme, flower girl, flower girl baskets, ring bearer, ring bearer pillows, ring bearers, wedding, wedding collectibles, wedding decor, wedding flower tips, wedding theme, wedding tips
Garden, I have a confession to make… I love wedding bouquets. I’m constantly “oohing” and “ahhing” over other bride’s bouquets. They’re just my thing.
My gorgeous bouquet made by the talented Natalie of Natalie Galasso Designs was made from freedom and black magic roses with wine calla lilies throughout. It was finished off with a black lace wrap around the stems. Love love love!
Photo: Sargeant Creative
My bridal bouquet came out exactly how I envisioned it. Would anyone else like to share their bouquets? I’d love to see them!
Wedding flowers are insanely expensive. But you knew that already. I love flowers. I love when CC brings home a bouquet of fresh flowers for me. I love trying to grow flowers in our tiny front garden (I say try because my green thumb is not so green.). However, I don’t love the idea of spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on flowers for our wedding. I know it’s our special day, but it is – Just. One. Day.
What’s a thrifty girl to do?
Well, let’s stop and take a look at my inspiration and the bouquets that I adore.
Lavender. I remember about ten years ago, my best friend Anne wore lavender all of the time. She had lavender scented everything. I, uh, hated it. To me, it smelled like little old ladies. In fact, I teased her all of the time because she smelled like little old ladies. ~::Time Warp 8 Years Forward::~ I rediscovered lavender a couple years ago and, you guessed it, I love the smell! I am now that person who has lavender hand soap in the loo, lavender laundry soap and dryer sheets, lavender hand lotion, lavender medicinal balm – You name it, it is scented lavender in my home. Naturally then, I gravitated towards lavender for an option as a bridal bouquet.
As you’ve probably already discovered, 98% of a wedding day is all about the planning for the wedding day. That remaining 2% is called “fate” or “Murphy’s Law” or “spontaneity” (more on how to handle that in another blog post…!) Since chosing a gown is more than 1 simple step, here are 8 things to remember when styling for your wedding:
- Your dress should complement the wedding site. While its tempting to go dress shopping immediately, find your wedding venue first. Your venue – its ambiance, the setting, the style of the architecture – will be the foundation on which the rest of the wedding design is built. A Cinderella gown in a ultra-swanky modern loft would be out of place. Best to start with the foundation and build up from there.
Categories: Uncategorized, Wedding Planning
Tags: 8 tips for brides, bridal bouquet, bridal dresses, bridal fashion, bridal gowns, bridal gowns and undergarments, bridal style, jewelry, Melissa Allen, reception, shoes, something blue, wedding, wedding aces, wedding dresses, wedding planner tips, Wedding Planning
Tired of dealing with the early winter dreariness? Well, take a mental trip South of the Border with this Mexican Inspired Board!