Brooke & Jeremy
Q & A with the Bride:
1. What was the one thing about your venue that made you know it was the one?
Our whole intent was to throw a party for our friends that was distinctly Austin. The Long Center City Terrace was perfect because the backdrop was just that, the Austin skyline. It made for great dramatic pictures. Similarly, French Legation is within walking distance of all of our favorite haunts, and it is Austin’s oldest home. Both spots met our goals perfectly.
2. Which six details from your wedding were your favorites?
1. How colorful all of our guests looked in their feathers and bow ties.
2. The spray-painted succulent arrangements done by Erin at Rosehip Flora.
3. The giant tapestry picnic blanket with tapestries sent from India by Jeremy’s dad.
4. The custom-backdrop for our photobooth designed by Nate Nordstrom.
5. That Jeremy designed our gig posters that we gave out as party favors.
6. The fact that so many of our vendors are great friends of ours.
3. If you could offer one piece of advice for other couples planning their wedding, what would it be?
Oh that’s a tough one – but I think I’ll go with EAT! I regret that I didn’t take a couple minutes to enjoy some of the food that I so painstakingly chose!
4. Give us the one moment from your wedding that you cannot stop thinking about.
The dance party at the end with the LCD Soundsystem tribute band All My Friends. We had our childhood best friends, our adult best friends, our families and everyone in between in a full-fledged concert-like dance party singing along to LCD Soundsystem tunes at the top of our lungs. It was even better than I could have ever imagined.