Professional portraits of you and your fiancé as a newly-engaged couple can be great for newspaper announcements, wedding day décor, framed gifts for your friends and family, thank you cards, and much more! It’s also a great way to test-drive being behind the lens before your wedding day.
Here are some examples of Do’s and Don’ts~
(1) Decide whether you are going to go formal or casual – whatever feels the most like you as a couple.
(2) Wear solid colors; textured fabric looks great in pictures.
(3) Keep jewelry simple.
(4) You and your fiancé do not have to match, but coordinate so that colors don’t clash.
(5) Guys – a fresh shave is a must. If you wear a bear or mustache, make sure it’s neatly trimmed.
(6) Show your style!
(7) Trust your photographer. Once you’ve followed the tips above, leave the rest to the professional.
(8) The quality of the portraits or engagement shots is a great way to predict the quality of the wedding photography.
(1) Avoid plaids, florals, busy patterns, head-to-toe black or white.
(2) Mineral make-up reflects light and can make you look greasy.
(3) Stay away from loud logos.
(4) Hold off on spray or fake tanning – a deep tan can turn out muddy in pictures.
A special thank you to Bella Pictures for the tips! Also, they’re offering free portrait sessions for February. Go here to find out more.