There’s no denying it: Europe is a great place to honeymoon. From the romance of Paris to the distinct beauty and historic allure of Rome and London, the spots to visit are practically endless. One destination that’s outstanding on a number of fronts often gets overlooked, however.
Barcelona is that place.
With its sun-drenched beaches, stunning architecture, unique attractions and friendly atmosphere, Barcelona is an ideal spot for couples who want to experience the best Spain has to offer. If you’re looking for a spectacular place to take your honeymoon, this is it. Here’s why:
- The geography and climate – Barcelona is found on the northern coast of the Iberian Peninsula. This distinct positioning puts it right on the Mediterranean Sea while providing it with a beautiful mountain-scape courtesy of the Collserola range. To make it even more breathtaking and enjoyable, Barcelona is graced with a true Mediterranean climate. This means it enjoys warm, mostly mild weather year-round.
- The historic sites – Barcelona is an ancient city with roots that date back centuries. Inasmuch, it’s graced with a bounty of historic sites that are well worth exploring. From ancient Roman ruins to medieval churches, the city’s architecture makes it a true gem. Some of the places worth a stop include the town hall of Barcelona, the Gothic Gallery, the National Museum of Art of Catalonia and St. Mary of the Sea Cathedral.
- The modern attractions – While the historic architecture in Barcelona is sure to bowl you over, the city is firmly planted in the modern area, as well. Here you will find upscale shopping, annual high-end fashion shows, sporting arenas and much more.
- The beaches – Barcelona and its surrounding towns are home to dozens of famed beaches. From Barcelona Beach itself to Bogatell, Ocata and Nova, visitors here are sure to find a favorite.
- The culture – Barcelona is a wonderful place to soak up more than the sun. Here couples in love can enjoy the very best in Spanish culture. The museums, restaurants, galleries and friendly people are sure to make this honeymoon destination more than memorable.
It doesn’t matter whether you want to soak up the sun, tour ancient sites or dance the nights away to the hottest music, Barcelona is the place to visit. To find out more about this destination and the wonderful hotels that are waiting to serve, just contact your honeymoon travel advisor. Pros in this field can help you map out a honeymoon that will be jam-packed with romance and memories to cherish for a lifetime.