Your wedding day will be one of the most important days of your life, and it's normal to worry about whether or not everything will run smoothly from start to finish. But the last thing you should be doing on your wedding day is stressing about minor details and mishaps, especially ones that can be easily fixed with a bit of preparation. We wanted to make a list of the best wedding day hacks for couples, so we asked wedding planners to share their favorite tricks of the trade with us.
Grab a notepad and check out these 20 wedding day tips and tricks straight from the pros:
If you want to save time on your guest list before the wedding:
- Print out two address labels per guest/couple you invite. Use one set of labels for the invitations, and save the other for thank-you notes after you receive gifts.
- Number the back of your RSVP cards before sending them out. Keep a corresponding list with the number assigned to each guest you invite. If an RSVP card is returned without a name (or the handwriting is too difficult to read), you'll know who it's from.
If you're making a wedding day emergency kit:
- Spritz hairspray (sparingly) onto your veil to keep it from sticking to your face and/or wedding dress.
- Sprinkle unscented talcum powder in your shoes (especially high heels) to keep your feet fresh throughout the day.
- Use loose face powder as a substiture for dry shampoo if you're in a pinch.
- Hairspray can double as static cling for long bridesmaid dresses.
- Ask members of the wedding party to take a low-dose allergy pill on the wedding day as a precaution. You never know when there could be an unexpected reaction to makeup, pollen or food.
If you need to remove a stain from your attire:
- Use baby wipes to remove deodorant marks.
- Pour white wine on a red wine stain to help remove it.
- Use duct tape as a blotter to remove dirt from your wedding dress if it gets soiled during photos.