Tuscarora Mill Reviews

32 | Leesburg, VA

32 Reviews for Tuscarora Mill

Courtney Nolan · Married on 08/03/2019

Amazing as always!

Tuscarora Mill provided our wedding catering at Birkby House in Leesburg. Neal Carpenter was amazing to work with - answered our questions quickly and open for variations of their typical menu choices. There is nothing he can't do! We had quite a few gluten intolerant and vegan guests (including the bride's family) and they could not have been more accommodating. Food was delicious and cooked perfectly. Bartenders were great, served quickly and helped move lines along; servers were friendly and willing to help. We also held our rehearsal dinner at Tuskie's in the Cellar Room and had our wedding party lunch catered by South Street Under on our wedding day. Amazing all around. The ciabatta is the BEST!

Sent on 08/15/2019

Courtney · Married on 06/16/2018

I had my rehearsal lunch at Tuscarora Mill and I am so glad I did! From my initial conversations with Jonathan to my actual planning with Neal, I had a fantastic experience from beginning to end. Neal was informative, helpful, and so kind during the process of finalizing details and made it so my guests and I had a wonderful time! I am still receiving compliments from how good the food was! I would recommend Tuskie's(and I have several times!) to anyone looking to use them as either a rehearsal dinner space OR as an off-premise caterer. They are one of the best in the area and I truly believe any couple is in great hands with them on your team!!

Sent on 06/29/2018

Sandy · Married on 08/19/2017

I knew as soon as we met Jonathan we'd be in good hands! From start to finish, Jonathan was professional, knowledgeable, and, above all, supportive. His counsel was most appreciated AND spot-on. He was so easy to work with and so responsive. Tuskies' food was incredible! Been to a lot of weddings, and I've never heard so many compliments on the food - from appetizers to our fried green tomato salads to all 3 of our entree choices! DELISH!
    Go with Jonathan & Tuskies; you can't go wrong!

Sent on 08/27/2017

Crystal · Married on 07/06/2017

Tuscarora Mill was recommended by our venue Birkby House, and for very good reason! My husband and I wanted to do heavy appetisers and a couple food stations instead of a plated meal, which also meant there was a need for a greater variety of foods provided. We also wanted to create an atmosphere that was more relaxed and allowed our guests to mingle easily on our special day. Jonathan and his team really seemed to understand how to make this happen and our wedding day was exactly as we hoped it would be. The food was wonderful and Jonathan's team worked hard to make sure everything went according to plan. (They were also so wonderful with quickly moving our outdoor ceremony indoors when the rain did not look likely to stop!) We are so grateful to Tuscarora Mill and are so pleased we used their catering service.

Sent on 07/21/2017

Susan · Married on 05/13/2017

Once my daughter selected The Birkby House as her May 2017 wedding venue we were encouraged to try the food at Tuscarora Mills in downtown Leesburg, VA & the wedding cakes created by Beth at South Street Under both establishments owned and operated by the owners of The Birkby House, the Malone family. We dined several times with and without family members and tried Tuskies pasta dishes, shrimp and grits, pork roast and many delicious cake selections such as lemon curd, red velvet, chocolate and strawberry lemon. We were sold. We worked with the tireless Jonathan Stockman, the catering manager and the effervescent Beth the baker. Both were full of energy and genuinely excited that they were selected to make my daughter's wedding day as delicious as it was beautiful. They respected our budget & provided us with the cost differences and challenges of a plated vs. a buffet meal for 154 guests & a multi-tiered cake vs. a small two tiered cake with a sheet cake served to the guests. Their table linen selection, chairs, were extensive but we stayed with a classic medium grey table cloth and white napkins, white plates and simple cutlery. The Birkby House provided beautiful gold chivari chairs that gave the table elegance and didn't cost us anything to rent. When we found out that The Birkby House had a wedding the Friday night before my daughter's Saturday evening wedding and we couldn't do the wedding rehearsal on the grounds, Jonathan suggested we look at the Log Cabin behind Tuskies for the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner since the number in our wedding party and family were just around 30 people. It worked out perfectly and prevented our wedding party from having to travel to far from the hotels where they were staying. Tuskies and South Street staff and food exceeded our expectations from the planning, tasting, the suggestions and of course the compliments we received during and after the wedding about the appetizers and buffet. Take a bow Jonathan & Beth!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Lauren · Married on 10/08/2016

The food was AMAZING! I have not stopped hearing about how great the food was at my wedding. The food we tried at the tasting was just as good as it was for my wedding. They were very accommodating to my guest's needs, as I had some allergy concerns. All of the servers and bartenders were very professional and friendly. The linens were great also. Seriously, the food was out of this world.

Sent on 10/29/2016

Emilee · Married on 12/31/2015

We had our rehearsal dinner at Tuscarora Mill in their private wine room, and it was an absolutely amazing event. The dinner was a seated meal - it went smoothly and it was very delicious. The servers were great, the bar tenders were wonderful, the atmosphere was fabulous. Overall, great service and great food. The management was very easy to work with leading up to the event as well, making for a great experience overall. I would absolutely recommend them for any special events, they are a top notch establishment!

Sent on 01/16/2016

Megan · Married on 04/19/2015

We had our rehearsal dinner at Tuskies and I couldn't recommend it enough. There aren't many restaurants in Leesburg but when we had our tasting here we were so impressed we didn't even look at any other options. The food was delicious and everything went as planned on the night of the rehearsal. Angela was excellent to work with!

Sent on 05/18/2015

kristyn · Married on 09/26/2014

We had our rehearsal dinner here. Tuskies was beautiful and delicious. We had a private room with a great atmosphere. Everyone had a great time. It was very easy to set up, and Tuskies is very easy to work with. We had two surprise guests, and Tuskies quickly accommodated them without anyone knowing.

Sent on 10/05/2014

Stephen · Married on 08/09/2014

We held our rehearsal dinner in the lower private room at the Mill and we couldn't have been happier. We choose 3 entrees for our dinner guests to choose from and had an open bar (which was not absurdly priced!)

We got many compliments on the food. The service was flawless, professional, and classy. They let us stay for as long as we wanted and even let us show a small slideshow on the wall.

Angela, our main point of contact, was very accommodating and pleasant to work with. Relative to other venues, she was a breath of fresh air, basically saying "no problem" to every request.

An hour before the dinner, we added a couple people to our count and they handled if without problem. Also, I messed up and forgot a couple people from the list who were also accommodated.

I'd strongly recommend Tuskies to anyone looking for a classy, private dinner spot.

Sent on 08/28/2014

Krystal · Married on 07/05/2014

Tuscarora Mill's food is delicious, the venue is beautiful, and Angela, the event coordinator, is awesome!

1. Angela answered all of my questions and concerns in a timely manner.

2. They have different menus you can choose from for your event, but you are able to make changes. We wanted the duck instead of chicken, and they were very accommodating.

3. Since my wedding was only 30 people the event was in the wine cellar, which is extremely beautiful and doesn't require decorating not less you would like to.

4. The main thing is that the food was AMAZING!! I hate when I go to a wedding and the food is nasty. The fact that this was a wedding, and they had to cook food in bulk didn't diminish the quality of the cuisine being served to my guest.

I highly recommend Tuscarora Mill. This is definitely one of me and my husbands favorite restaurants.

Sent on 07/18/2014

Tuscarora Mill was the perfect location for our rehearsal dinner. The food was delicious from appetizers to the main course to the desert selection. All of our guests had a great time. All of the staff was very friendly and professional.

Sent on 07/31/2014

Maureen · Married on 10/19/2013

We had our small wedding luncheon/reception (28 guests) at Tuscarora Mill in their Wine Cellar Room. The food there is always good, but the lunch buffet we chose from the Banquet Menu was fantastic. We worked with Angela Deane the Events Manager, and cannot say enough good things about her. When we arrived for a tasting of the menu we had chosen, she also provided another side dish for us to try that was not listed on the buffet menu as a nod to my fiancés very southern family - Truffled Cheese Grits, which were amazing! The comment I heard from more than one guest was that on a buffet there are usually a few things that are just okay, but everything was cooked perfectly and delicious. Also, the room itself is perfect for a small group; and Angela and her staff arranged the tables to allow for dancing, movement between tables, and easy access to the bar and buffet tables. Our reception was 4 hours, and everyone stayed til the end! Word of advice, contact Angela as soon as you can (we booked in January for October) because Tuskies has a well deserved reputation.

Sent on 10/26/2013

Dannie · Married on 07/04/2013

We hosted our rehearsal reception at Tuscarora Mill's private room the Wine Cellar. Angela Dean was a pleasure to work with. Incredibly responsive, professional, and friendly. She provided a lot of guidance in terms of food selection- we wanted a more casual evening so we did standing and passed appetizers and desserts with an open bar. The food was delicious- we received many rave reviews on the mini grilled cheese sandwiches, the crab dip, and the carrot cake. It was wonderful to have our own space for our Bridal Party and guests to mingle and get to know one another. After the Rehearsal Reception we opened up the room to out of town guests. If you are getting married in the Leesburg/Loundon Co. Vineyard area this is a great option for a rehearsal dinner. Additionally, Tuscorara Mills prints a great map of the Vineyards and we were able to get copies to include in our hotel gift bags which was a nice added touch of information for our out of town guests.

Sent on 08/05/2013

Monique · Married on 06/08/2013

Tuscarora Mill and Angela Deane were wonderful to work with for my wedding at Murray Hill. Angela was very easy to work with and flexible with the planning. We had an afternoon wedding for 100 people and the food, cake, wait and bar staff, and rentals were perfect. In addition, Tuskies also provided the wedding cake instead of a "dessert" off the menu. The food and cake were delious. Everyone at the wedding and after the wedding kept talking about how they loved the food from Tuskies and they had no idea that Tuskies did caterering. I was very surprised how reasonably priced the food and rentals were. From the time we received the original estimate and when we had the wedding Angelas estimate did not change and in fact the rental prices went down. It was a great surprise that there were no unexpected costs and she was great to work with. I highly recommend Tuscarora Mill and Angela Dean for any wedding or event!

Sent on 06/25/2013
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/05/2013

We didn't use Tuskie's for our venue, but for the wedding feast afterward. I had dined there before, so I knew I loved the food, and when I took my fiance to try it, he loved it as well. We worked with Angela to set up the dinner. She was very responsive and quick with suggestions. Since our party was small (only 12), she suggested the Log Cabin room. It was perfectly sized for our small party, and set apart from the rest of the restaurant so we really felt that we were having a private party. The food and the beer were excellent, and the service was top-notch! I can't speak personally to the wine's quality, but the wine drinkers in our group said it was good. My husband's parents liked Tuskie's so much that they're also going to hold a party of their own there. Great venue for a reception!

Sent on 05/21/2013

Lindsay · Married on 12/01/2012

Tuscarora Mill was a great place to hold our rehearsal dinner. Angela was great to work with. The personalized menu was great, the food was fantastic and the atmosphere was cozy and inviting. I would highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 12/05/2012

R · Married on 10/13/2012

We had a wonderful experience at Tuscarora Mill. The whole process, from planning through the day of the wedding was easy, and Angela had some great ideas. The food was delicious (which of course is why we chose them) and all of our guests had a wonderful time. We couldn't have asked for anything more.

Sent on 11/16/2012

Sofia · Married on 05/05/2012

I'm a foodie with chefs and other foodies in the family, so it was extremely important that the meals at our reception would be delicious. Angela Deane and the team at Tuscarora Mill made sure of that. She also took care of renting tables, linens, dishes and glasses, the dance floor, and more. What's more, our guests are still talking about the event, praising not only the food but also the way that they were treated. I would not hesitate to recommend the team at Tuscarora Mill to any bride. Thank you!

Sent on 05/23/2012

Kristen · Married on 04/28/2012

We had our rehearsal dinner at Tuscarora Mill, and it was an incredible experience! We rented out the wine cellar, which was the perfect size for our 30 guests. The food at Tuskies is some of the best I've ever had; having been there at least five times by now, I can honestly say I am always impressed. The service is also impeccable and our Banquet Manager, Angela Deane, was wonderful to work with. Tuskies is definitely my favorite restaurant in Leesburg. I highly recommend it!

Sent on 05/24/2012

Erika · Married on 09/11/2010

We had a family luncheon here before the wedding and it was perfect! delicious food and great service... they even had a custom menu for us! Thanks, Angela!

Sent on 09/28/2010

Jennifer · Married on 08/21/2010

I didn't know much about Tuskies before I saw them on my wedding venue's vendor list, but I knew I did something right when, leading up to the wedding, I told some guests who the caterer would be and they were a lot more excited for my wedding after that! :) Overall, contracting with them for the catering of my wedding and Sunday brunch was one of the best decisions I made in the planning process! Angela is quite simply the best to work with - I was actually sad when I said goodbye to her. She had great ideas when I didn't know what to do, and she was very responsive to all of my inquiries- she is VERY experienced and it shows. That made me feel confident that everything would go off without a hitch, which it did. She was very patient with me (AND my fiancee' AND my mother...lol). The staff she had arranged for the wedding and brunch were top-notch, all very friendly to my guests, helpful and well-versed on my food allergy! The food itself was exceptional - we've gotten too many compliments to count. The presentation was lovely as well.

Even though it's a bit of a drive for us, my husband and I will definitely be back for dinner or brunch at the restaurant!

If I could give them more than 5 stars I would in a heartbeat. Angela and her staff are true professionals, and their food is excellent. Thank you Angela and everyone at Tuskies!

Sent on 09/26/2010
  • dc09

Sarah · Married on 09/12/2009

We had our rehearsal dinner here and the food was amazing! We had about 45 people in the downstairs private room which was so cozy and cute. The servers were great, bartenders awesome and set up beautiful. They also let us do a slide show which was so great! We'll always go back for the food!

Sent on 09/14/2009

Jessica · Married on 11/08/2008

Out-freaking-standing! Angela was phenominal! The food at both the rehearsal dinner and wedding reception was delicious and beautifully displayed. People are still talking about it! Tuskies was so flexible and their chef worked with us to create a menu that reflected both our tastes. Sue made our cake which was the most delicious cake I've ever had. I can't say enough about the quality of service and cuisine at Tuskies. They were my favorite vendor to work with!

Sent on 08/17/2009

Jenny · Married on 10/18/2008

Angela and her staff at Tuscarora Mill were fabulous. We did a heavy hors d'oeuvre reception with passed and stationed items and it kept coming all night. Everyone commented on how delicious the food was. Angela was so responsive to all my questions and concerns along the way.

Even if you don't have an event you should go to Tuscarora Mill and eat dinner it's AWESOME food and good service.

Jenny & Andrew