madigans waterfront

• The Osprey's at Belmont Bay
  • National Museum of the Marine Corps

9 Reviews for madigans waterfront

Nina · Married on 10/09/2010

Cathy Madigan was great to work with and I would highly recommend Madigan's Waterfront to anyone planning a special event. I appreciated Cathy's enthusiasm and take-charge attitude and she alleviated a lot of my stress! The venue was beautifully decorated and the food was wonderful. Throughout the night, Cathy and her staff made sure we and our guests were enjoying ourselves!

Sent on 10/18/2010

Brittany · Married on 07/03/2010

Madigan's Waterfront is the PERFECT venue if you want to have a ceremony and reception on site for no more than 80-90 people. End of story. Cathy Madigan, one of the owners, acts as your wedding planner for the event. She is there well before you wedding helping to get set up and make everything beautiful, she is there to make sure your ceremony goes smoothly, and helps to organize the events of the day so that everything stays on schedule and you don't have to worry about a thing. We did pictures before in the courtyard with a gazebo starting at around 3:30 with all of our family and extended family. We were also able to do pictures later on the docks outside the venue which made for some really pretty photo opportunities. The ceremony started at 5:00pm it was over by about 5:20. Our guests started drinking and the wedding party went back outside for a few more pictures. The rest of the day was perfect. It ended at around 10:00pm, probably a little bit later since we were having so much fun. We had about 75 guests which was perfect for this venue. There were several levels in the venue to help separate the eating area, cocktail area, dance area, buffet line and cake area. It was also nice that there is a large wrap around deck that is totally private and for your guests to use if they want to go outside to get fresh air or look at the river. The price per person included just about everything including the cake. She doesn't nickle and dime you for the use of her chairs, linens, china, etc. She was also able to provide you with a DJ that she uses frequently for a very reasonable cost. The food was amazing! So good. I would definitely suggest the Roast Beef Carving station with the "Horsey Sauce" and the pasta station. They were a huge hit with my guests. The cost of booze is based on consumption FYI, not open bar. For most people having a wedding this would probably be fine because the cost of alcohol per drink was very very reasonable. But, lets just say we went a little over on our anticipated bar bill. Our guests repeatedly used the words "Perfect" to describe our venue and the reception as a whole. We had such a blast and it was quite literally the best day ever. We are still in awe at how perfect everything went. I also wanted to mention that we blocked rooms off at the Hampton Inn which is about a mile away from Madigan's. It is the best hotel option in the area and is also the closest. The hotel was able to set up a shuttle for my guests so they could get to and from the reception at no additional costs. The rooms are updated, clean, there is an indoor pool and hot breakfast in the morning. Since we booked a bunch of rooms they gave us a complimentary suite! Everything was perfect!

Sent on 07/21/2010
  • W

Wendy · Married on 08/12/2006

I shopped around in Northern Virginia, and Madigan's provided the best price for a catered reception. The site is smaller then most (comfortably sits ~75 people). It is upstairs from the restraunt, on the waterfront. Cathy is friendly and helpful. She acts as a coordinator during the reception for no additional fee.

I was impressed by the professionalism of her staff when serving throughout the reception. The food was wonderful.

A wedding cakes comes free with the site. I picked my style of cake out from a book (really nice on my budget, too). It tasted fine and looked nice.

She is a good friend with a DJ who has worked with her for over 20 years. You have to pay for his services seperately, but it was nice to find someone reliable so quickly.

Sent on 11/17/2006