Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

1 Review for Iron Gate Restaurant

User Photos
todo alt text

In the stress-inducing world of planning and executing a wedding, Iron Gate stands as an exception. Choosing this restaurant for my wedding was one of the best decisions of my life (secondary to my wife and wedding dress of course). The event planner Emily is thoughtful, organized, timely and detail-oriented. If anything didn’t happen exactly as I had envisioned, I had no idea - she quietly stayed on the edges of the evening conducting her well-orchestrated timeline of arrival, ceremony, dinner and drinks. For brides who are more interested in getting married and eating instead of making a strict schedule with decorations and cakes and dances and vendors and all the other associated nonsense that takes away from your mindset, Iron Gate is your venue. I merely showed up to a simply yet magically decorated outdoor patio, with hanging vines and delicately romantic lighting over my tables, an elegant iron staircase for the ceremony and potted greenery everywhere to complete the background of every photo. Chef Chittum’s masterful food was my centerpiece, reminding everyone of what attending a wedding should be like: happily delicious, just enough, and paired with excellent wine. The food was complemented by servers and bartenders who far exceeded my expectations. Mass-produced mediocre dinners and service staff who are half-trained and only partly care were two things I did not want - and Iron Gate delivered magnificently. Both myself and multiple guests I spoke with were impressed by their professionalism, knowledge of food and drink, and willingness to serve with a genuine smile even nearing the end of the admittedly boozy night.
I realize I have used an extraordinary amount of adjectives and thesaurus-laced superlatives in this review, but I do feel strongly that it is well deserved. Iron Gate is a beautiful restaurant with impressive food and drink options, and backs it up with exceptional service to its guests. I can only give Iron Gate my highest recommendation.

Photo of Iron Gate Restaurant in Washington, DC - That staircase! Iron Gate provided all these decorations
Photo of Iron Gate Restaurant in Washington, DC - They also provided the umbrella, which I love for photos
Profile Picture Caitlin, 5/5/18, 2 Reviews