79 Reviews for The Empire Club

Linens (1)
Parking (1)
Valet (1)
77 The Empire Club Reviews

Mike....where do I begin!!? You were our second venue visit and after searching we went right back...we knew in our hearts that this was our place! You helped with our budget and took care of us as family!! Finally the day came!! Mike took care of all the final touches that we needed, truly outstanding service. All the servers were amazing! The food OMG, was beyonddddd delish...all of our guests raved about everything from cocktail to the dinner! I would book at this place 1,000 times over any other venue. To the point that I didn’t eat all my dinner (what bride does) when we went to pick up remaining things..he offered 2 meals for us this weekend. Thank yo so so so much Mike for such an amazing no hiccups memorable night!!

Profile Picture Wendy, 4/21/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Valet, Dessert, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations
1.0

Horrible food. there is no negative rating above or I would have said negative 10. I was a guest on Wednesday, the 20th of December 2017. Of six, two trays were removed since i told Michael I wanted to take the food to a lab for testing. He took those trays away. Stay clear of this place. I believe many of the reviews below might be be bogus. It make me understand why my boss was asked to prepay the total in advance. Once they had all the money they had no integrity. not even the cake or the coffee were acceptable at the end. But bad coffee does not hurt, bad food can make you iIll. At my table there were so many complaints. Why was the wine bottle at each table opened in advance. Was the wine in the bottle, the wine from the bottle. At $60. a person all inclusive, this is a scam. The food which was edible was poorly prepared. The quality of the veal, or chicken or whatever it was was so crazy you did not know if you were eating chicken or veal. Shame on these people. This was a small holiday party. The guests would have been 30 but many less showed up ergo the small number below. I am only trying to save others from having a horrible party. The food is the largest part of a party. I have no complaints about the building or location. Bring your own food and chef!

Profile Picture sarah, 12/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

Their service was amazing, we booked them on a night when we had the whole place to ourselves. The food was great, great drinks all at affordable pricing. Our decorator did a good job transforming the place and the venue worked with us with the items we brought in . Lovely space. Thanks

Profile Picture Lisa, 10/2/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I found the Empire Club online and booked right away after hearing great things about this venue. We met with Chris, who was wonderful from the very beginning. He was extremely accommodating to our needs and we were able to get more than we ever thought for an amazing price. As new parents, my husband and I were on a strict budget for our wedding, and Chris was very respectful of that and helped us come up with a perfect wedding package. We live out of state so I was a bit worried about communication, but the phone was always answered when I called the Empire Club and my concerns were immediately addressed each time. The decor inside the venue is classy and elegant and the garden outside was exactly what I pictured for my wedding ceremony. We had a wedding rehearsal the day before our wedding and Chris stayed with us and helped make sure everything ran smoothly. He even brought drinks out for my family since it was hot outside. He was the maitre'd for our wedding and Ashley was our captain. These two were a dream team and made sure my husband and I had everything we needed the entire day as well as all of our guests. They went above and beyond for us. Ashley brought my husband and I a plate of appetizers during cocktail hour so we wouldn't have to go around and get it ourselves and made sure we were comfortable. The cocktail hour spread of food was breathtaking and we received SO many compliments on the venue, food spread, and personalized ice sculpture that was included! Ashley was a sweetheart and even helped wipe my happy tears so i wouldnt ruin my makeup. The wait staff was kind, professional, and made sure that i gave the final oKay on the table settings before putting everything out. They far exceeded our expectations!! I can't say enough good things about this venue and would recommend it for any event. Everything turned out beautifully and we are so thankful for each and every person's hard work that night and leading up to our wedding!!

Profile Picture Brittney, 8/20/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Empire Club was our reception location after our 25th wedding anniversary renewal. From our initial meeting to the end of the night, all needs were met. The staff was professional and courteous. The food was excellent and a great value. We definitely got our money'so worth.

Profile Picture Ketsia, 3/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake

Accommodating, reasonably priced, delicious food, pleasant staff, beautiful facility, a hidden treasure ... just a few things to describe The Empire Club in Little Ferry, New Jersey. We thank God for directing us to this place. From the very beginning of our planning process until the very end of our wedding night, we experienced EXCELLENCE! The one thing we loved about this place was that they only do one wedding at a time, which meant that the entire place was ours on our special day. Our wedding was on a Friday evening. Both the ceremony and the reception were at The Empire Club. The ceremony took place outdoors in their beautiful garden. The cocktail hour and reception were held indoors. The entire day was beautiful. The weather was perfect. The food was excellent. The staff was on point. Our guests enjoyed every single moment and left our wedding with full bellies and smiling from ear to ear! August 28, 2015 was set aside to be one of the greatest days of our lives, and it was PERFECT! We give all glory to our Father in Heaven! We highly recommend The Empire Club! If we could do it all over again, we would still choose The Empire Club. Shayla & Jonathan McClary ~ 8.28.15

Profile Picture Shayla, 8/28/15, 2 Reviews
4.7

One of the biggest pluses for us choosing this venue was the fact we had the place to ourselves. The service was excellent kept me at ease the entire time. Food was excellent. Definitely will recommend. Thank you Chris for all your help and amazing service. Only thing I would say the first impression was not great. When I called the person who answered the phone was rude and when we met a few times the first person we spoke to promised us things and when we signed the contract they said it was an added cost however they did not charge us for it after we had to show them the sheet showing no charge. Just make sure everything is clearly noted and you know exactly all the charges. Other than that, thank you for making our day special and memorable!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/14/15, 2 Reviews

Ana Jimenez & Raymundo Montiel Wedding Reception : Saturday August 1, 2015

The Empire Club is the place to host all your events from reunions. weddings, confirmations, etc. I had my wedding reception on August 1, and I was beyond satisfied, pleased, it was the most amazing night of my life. Ray and I had the best service since the moment we walked in to the moment our party finish. I told Ray I will love to get married again in the same place with all the same people that greeted us . I am just so amazed how you are treated and how you don't have to worry about anything. The crew takes care of everything during your event and you are there to just enjoy the night. The food was beyond amazing. All the shows all the pastries, dinner, oh Lord I can go on and on how excellent this place is. The service is nothing compare to anything I have experience before and I am so happy Ray and I choose this place as our reception hall. I will recommend The Empire Club to everyone who is hosting anything this place is beyond amazing. So any couple who is thinking in doing their reception here do not I repeat do not think about it twice and choose this place you will never regret it. Trust us it was worth every penny I gave this place because it was beyond excellent and the most amazing experience ever.

Profile Picture User5333587, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake
1.0

This people are used to rent the same room to two or more events, then they offer the smaller room to the event with lesser people and of course in order to convince they offer you more food but no an extra hour.
Please do not make the same mistake I made
Shirley

Profile Picture User5208678, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

What an incredible venue! I read hundreds of reviews for dozens of sites but this is the first and only venue we visited. After our first walkthru, my groom laid down in the middle of the dance floor and said "ok where do we sign". They know how to get things done efficiently and run any and all events smoothly. We had a whole DIY (do-it-yourself) wedding. I terrified the venue when we arrived with a van full of boxes but they took everything we wanted and made it even more beautiful than we could have ever imagined. The food was AMAZING! The venue looked stunning! Our ceremony felt like everything that I had ever imaged. Each step of the way, they were helpful and accomodating but care most about making sure that everything is perfect and it was! Hands down, THE BEST VENUE!

Profile Picture User5154858, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I absolutely loved working with this venue. Their staff was so professional, warm, attentive and just amazing on the night of the event. The food was excellent (beyond excellent really), the presentation was flawless and they even let us request special appetizers that weren't on their menu. They never once made us feel different for being a same sex couple and we were really grateful for this, as it can be really nerve-racking to work with a wedding venue as a same sex couple. Their staff was a group of true professionals- the night went seamlessly, from the ceremony to the reception to the dessert hour.

They included just about everything in their fee- the ceremony, the cocktail hour, the reception, dessert hour and even the wedding cake. We did opt for a higher end cake, so we had to pay a bit extra, but they had great options for the package chosen.

My only critique is that they are not super responsive to email, and I hate talking on the phone. However, I never had to leave a message- they always answered right away. I would recommend picking one point person, as we talked to a few different people through the process and sometimes had to make sure everyone was on the same page. But, if I had to do it again, I would pick the Empire Club hands down.

Profile Picture Maren, 12/5/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

Empire Club provided amazing service since Day 1. Our guests rave about how great the food and service was. Everyone loved the cocktail hour and the abundance of food. They went above and beyond to meet all of our wishes and needs (even finding me some Tums). We asked for the Valet to deliver favors in the cars and it was done flawlessly even though it was a first for them. Anything we requested was met with a friendly yes and was carried out as requested. Christopher and his crew were the reason our wedding reception was fantastic. Thank you again.

Profile Picture Albeiro and Maribel, 11/7/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This place is simply amazing. Our wedding was just over 3 weeks ago, and we could not be happier with the outcome. The food was honestly amazing; it was not your typical “Catering Hall food” and all my guests raved about how much they loved the selections. Christos, one of the owners, was a gem to work with. He was so accommodating, responsive and definitely gave us the best bang for our buck. The staff was super attentive to my husband and I; we never wanted for anything. Chris, one of the Manager’s, was there step-by-step the day of to ensure everyone was on queue for what needed to be done: Walking down the aisle; walking into the venue; cake cutting; first dance; bouquet toss…everything. Not once did I ever have to hesitate about how things were going to flow throughout the night.

The up lighting in the hall was gorgeous, and everything was clean and spectacular looking. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking to have an amazing wedding at a reasonable price.

Profile Picture Casey, 10/2/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I got married exactly one month ago at The Empire Club! It was seriously PERFECT. The food & service was amazing!! The owners (who are the ones you always deal with) are so professional and prompt. They're also really really flexible. What drew us in was that it felt so comfortable there. It's a family owned business and it radiates positive vibes. The price is really really good for the amount of food and service that you get along with it. They have an outside garden where I held my ceremony and it was so so beautiful. Everyone was raving about the wedding (they STILL are)! I feel so so lucky to have found this venue and I'm definitely going to use them again for another event. I highly recommend this place! Check them out, they will go above and beyond for you without batting an eye.

Profile Picture User3174939, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Omg this place is AMAZING!!!! They really work with you in every aspect from financial to the littlest detail. They meet with you anytime you need they are very nice and so friendly. Their price even includes a delicious wedding cake from Palmeros. I honestly didn't know what to do. We just had a baby and that butchered our budget and they still sat down with us and worked something out so we were all happy. Very professional and courteous. Their food is DELICIOUS esp the stuffed chicken. With all the hustle and bustle they manage to still be there for your every need. Chris and Chris are amazing. I would definitely use this place for any occasion I have and strongly recommend them. My wedding on August 31, 2014 was beautiful and perfect thanks to the Empire Club. The Devore was beautiful. They set up everything for us. The open bar was great and I couldn't be happier
Sincerely
Mary Mozia-Cobb

Profile Picture Mary, 8/31/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just had our engagement party here and it was more than I could have asked for. I feel like we had a mini-wedding . All of the Chris' (there are 3) and Arty were amazing. The food was great, the service was great and the atmosphere was great. The Empire Club is a hidden gem on a residential street that everyone should check out for their engagement party or wedding. I looked at 4 places for our venue and there's was the nicest for the price- hands down. They even went above and beyond to make a smoothie for my mom because she couldn't eat solids. Check this place out if you live in Bergen County or the surrounding area. You won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture Jessica, 8/22/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Words cannot express how much I loved having my wedding ceremony and reception at the Empire Club!!! We only had 2 months to plan our ceremony and reception for 122 guests and Chris was so incredible and so accomodating. I fell in love with their beautiful garden where we had our ceremony, which was one of the selling points for us. Chris told us exactly what was going to happend and the day of our wedding he delivered and went above and beyond. Isa who was my captain made me feel like a hollywood STAR!!! She was so accomodating making sure my husband and i had drinks and food to eat. My guests were so impressed with the delicious food and the attention was above and beyond. I recommend The Empire Club to anyone, i would even want to get married there again... I loved every second of it. Thank you to all of you and for making our day an unforgettable moment!!! Awilda and Jose

Profile Picture Awilda, 8/22/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I found this venue online and went to check it out in person. The staff at the Empire Club is extremely professional and personable. They are very accommodating and will bend over backwards to make sure your wedding day is perfect. The room is very nice and the area for the cocktail hour is HUGE. The Bar is very big also. The food there is phenomenal. We wanted to choose a place that would cater to our personalities, and this was our first choice. We had such a blast at the wedding, we want to do it ALL OVER again! We got married in their outdoor garden, which was beautiful. If you are looking for a venue that will give you the BEST of everything, and not spend a small fortune, look no further. The Empire Club is Fantastic!! All of our guests said they never had so much fun at a wedding before!!! Me and the groom included!!! FIVE STARS!

Profile Picture Carla, 8/16/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

WE LOVE THE EMPIRE CLUB!! We had our ceremony and reception at the Empire Club on July 18, 2014. We are so happy with the entire service. The outdoor ceremony was beautiful. The reception was perfect! They followed everything that we requested to perfection. The food is delicious, go try it you will not be sorry. The staff at The Empire Club is extremely responsible, professional, and family-oriented. They worked with our schedules, concerns, and budget. Everything was beyond our expectations. The entire staff is wonderful. Special thanks to Lucy, Chris C., Chris Y., and Arthur for making our wedding the best experience of our lives.
Mr. and Mrs. Santin

Profile Picture Orquidea B., 7/18/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Don’t think twice! Highly Recommended!!

The Empire Club made our wedding perfect! Before the wedding day, we sat with Chris who went over all of the details leading up to the day of. The planning was smooth and communication was always prompt. The venue is beautiful and only holds one party at a time so you get their undivided attention. They really worked within our budget. The day of, our Maitre-d, Chris was very professional and attentive to my husband and I, as well as our guest giving direction. Before the ceremony I needed needle and thread, and he ran out and bought it for me I was very impressed.
Lucy the Captain was also incredible, very accommodating making sure I had what I needed. Everything went seamlessly and my husband and I are so happy we chose The Empire Club. The service they provided was out of this world, indescribable and 5stars across the board. The staff was professionally attired and well-mannered. The price was unbeatable for the open bar and amount of food which taste phenomenal. They even included a fire show for our guests. As a side note I strongly recommend considering the Viennese hour, the guests were all happy, and enjoying the food and atmosphere which made me very happy and proud of our decision. I honestly cannot say enough good things about The Empire Club. I would get married there again in a heartbeat. Thank you Chris C. and Chris Y.

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 7/4/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I recently got married here and I CANT stress enough how happy I am with them. The ceremony outside was picture perfect and the reception was spot on! Chris was so pleasant to work with and extremely family oriented. Any expectation we had was completely met. Isa was an absolute blessing to have on my wedding day. She completely went above and beyond to help me as did Chris. Whatever we needed they were right there to help us. They truly made our day happier than we could have ever imagined. I would 100% recommend The Empire Club to everyone. This will definitely not be the last event we have there.

Profile Picture Lisa, 6/28/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When looking for our wedding venue the most important categories for us was the food and service. We also wanted a venue that hosted a single event, not multiple affairs.
From the moment we walked in we felt welcomed.
Christopher Cevallos was a true professional, he answered all our questions. We were very impressed and did not look at other venues.
Most couples we talked to considered location as a primary deciding factor when choosing their venue, we were so glad we booked with the Empire Club. The food was excellent, the service phenomenal. Would highly recommend this venue. The price for the event was also very reasonable.

Profile Picture Josepphina, 5/3/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I are completely blessed to have chosen this place for our wedding! Service is compleltely fantastic! Humble and joyful people! So recommend anyone who is in the process of getting married to check this location out! And the cherry on top of everything, there food was AMAZING!!!!!! We enjoyed ourselves with the Empire Club and they are very generous and work around to make things possible and what you want! From Rubia And Joel Zayas-Bazan

Profile Picture Joel and Rubia, 4/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

I am very satisfied with the results I got with my wedding by using the Empire Club for my reception. My husband and I were very pleased from the moment we walked in to see the place. The owners Arthur and Chris are very friendly and personable people. They made us feel that we were part of their family. They helped us with all our needs and questions we had during the planning process. On the day of the wedding the Maitre'd Chris and the bridal attendant Lucy made the wedding day stress-free. They were always there to make sure everything was going smoothly. The guests couldn't stop raving about how good the food was. They were even mentioning to us that this was one of the best weddings that they have ever been too. I highly recommend The Empire Club as your vendor for any occasion you may have.

Profile Picture User2937075, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had my wedding reception at the Empire Club and I have to honestly say that I and my husband had the BEST time. All of our guests loved the food and service. The venue was nicely set up and accommodating. Awesome people !!!! Thank you for a wonderful night.

Profile Picture Denise , 11/8/13, 1 Review