Bear Brook Valley

23 Players Blvd, Newton, NJ 07860 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 3

About Bear Brook Valley

Bear Brook Valley is a unique wedding venue based in Fredon, New Jersey. Located in a private community, the banquet hall books only one wedding per day. Let their close-knit team bring your wedding visions to life!

Facilities and Capacities
Bear Brook Valley can accommodate up to 325 guests. Surrounded by rolling hills and trickling waterfalls, the venue provides a picturesque setting for your “I do.” The Pinterest-worthy location offers noteworthy features, including a vineyard, garden, fire pits, bistro lights, paved trails and putting green. With hardwood floors and floor-to-ceiling windows, the ballroom will allow you to enjoy the beautiful surrounding nature from inside. The venue also offers a wrap-around deck so you can experience the outdoors while still being sheltered. Its country-meets-modern atmosphere is perfect for your one-of-a-kind wedding.

From setup to cleanup, Bear Brook Valley can provide you will plenty of services so you can enjoy your wedding worry-free. Their private wedding coordinator and day-of maître d’ will work with you to make your dream wedding a reality through their event planning service. The venue can provide various event rentals, such as audio equipment, chairs, tables and arches. Additional services available include the following:

• Bridal suite
  • Shuttle
  • Valet
  • Wheelchair access

Cuisine
With creative menu options, their chefs can prepare top-quality and trendy foods for your wedding. Hors d'oeuvres, stations and plated serving styles are available. From tacos to sushi and vegetarian options, they have a wide variety of cuisine styles to choose from. The venue can also prepare desserts, including your wedding cake, an ice cream sundae bar, a chocolate fountain or a donut board. Food and beverage items can be supplied, including:

• Flatware
  • Glassware
  • Barware
  • China
  • Linens

Other Services
Bear Brook Valley offers several bartending services. Couples will receive a welcome bubbly bar, signature drinks and a full open premium bar, among other options. Bar enhancements such as a farm to shaker cocktail station or a cigar and whiskey bar are also available.

Follow Bear Brook Valley on

Bear Brook Valley 6
Bear Brook Valley 7

Lisa Renda · Married on 03/31/2019

Simply the Best!!!!

I don’t even know where to start. This is the best place ever!!! When I got engaged, I knew I wanted a rustic looking venue that offered the same food amenities of a banquet hall. I didn’t want a venue with rug, tablecloths, or chairs with seating covers. In north jersey that is hard to find. I first saw their sister venue Rock Island lake Club which is beautiful too!! I knew it was a little small for our headcount and I knew I had to see Bear Brook valley. When I walked into Bear Brook Valley for the first time, I started to cry. I knew it was it! There was no rug, no tablecloths, no chairs with seat covers. It had these beautiful farm tables. The whole venue screamed rustic. Also, my husband is big into video games. When I saw the groom’s lounge with all the video games that still screamed rustic I was sold! As a side note, I highly recommend keeping the groom’s lounge open during cocktail hour. It added something different to the wedding. After booking the venue, I worked with Katrina who is beyond fabulous. She constantly checked in with me and answered any questions I had in such a timely manner (like within minutes). Fast forward to my wedding day. It was raining that morning, but I really wanted to have the ceremony outside. When I got to Bear Brook for pictures (2 hours prior to the ceremony starting), we had to decide whether to have the ceremony outside. After talking with Katrina and her assuring me that it would not be raining when my ceremony was occurring, I said let’s do it outside. I am sooo glad we did, and I thank Katrina for being so supportive as I would have regretted not making that decision. It did not rain during our ceremony 😊. Now on to the reception. It was beyond perfect. The atmosphere is to die for. The food was amazing. The staff was so organized, attentive, and helpful throughout the whole night. I can’t say anything, but good things about this venue and the team attached to it! I would recommend this venue over and over and over. I hope I get to go to another wedding here very soon!!!

Sent on 04/05/2019

Bear Brook Valley's reply:

Lisa and Louis,
    CONGRATULATIONS. Thank you so much for taking the time out to write such kind words. You two were amazing to work with and we are so glad that you enjoyed the planning process and the day of (of course!). You two were the first outdoor ceremony for 2019 and it looked awesome! The sand ceremony was adorable and so was that cake topper!. Please come back as a guest soon and hang out with us! Best wishes!
  • Emma

Emma Falco · Married on 10/13/2018

Best Day Ever

Where do I even begin with this incredible venue! When I was looking for wedding venues, I had an idea in my head of what I envisioned as my perfect wedding venue - rustic, yet elegant, and somewhere that offered different aspects that you normally don't see as opposed to your typical wedding venue. I have been in and attended a lot of weddings in New Jersey, and I can honestly say that Bear Brook Valley is one of a kind. From the first day I found Bear Brook Valley online, I knew without even visiting the venue that this is where my husband and I would be getting married. From the first conversation I had with Adriana, I felt a sense of welcoming and professionalism that I hadn't felt with any of the other venues I had spoken with already. The minute I walked into the venue with my parents (my husband couldn't come with us that day because of work) I knew I had found the perfect place for us to get married, and my parents felt the same exact way. I decided to hold a date for our wedding there until my husband could get there to see it a few days later, and when he went to see the venue, he fell in love just like I had. I had no idea what I was doing when it came to planning a wedding, but Adriana and Katrina made the process SO EASY. When we started working with Katrina, she was so kind and professional and would email me almost monthly (if not more frequently) to update me on things that I should have done, things I should be getting done soon, etc. When I had any questions or concerns throughout the planning process,Katrina was ALWAYS so easy to talk to and responded promptly to my emails. On our wedding day, all of the staff was extremely attentive to our needs and made not only me but my husband feel at ease - I wish I could remember everyone's names that were working that day, but I have to say that every member of the staff, especially Katrina, Jen (name check on this one but she was the bridal attendant), and Franklin were beyond amazing! The entire day went smoothly, and our only regret is that we didn't take the time to pause and actually eat and enjoy the delicious food that we hand picked for our special day because to this day I have people coming up to me saying how amazing our wedding was and how delicious the food was! The cocktail hour selections that Bear Brook Valley has to offer were beyond my expectations and blew away any of the food every other vendor had to offer. Out of every wedding I have ever been to, none of them had the abundant selection of food for cocktail hour like our wedding had! People literally thought that the cocktail hour food was the entire selection of food for the night, so imagine their disbelief when they got to the reception and realized there was even more food for them to enjoy! The main course selections for the reception were equally as delicious as the cocktail hour food - people have told me it was the best steak they have ever eaten! Trust me when I say - you will not regret choosing Bear Brook Valley as your wedding venue. It is the most picture perfect venue, and I couldn't be happier with our decision to book Bear Brook. If I could do it all over again, I would in a heart beat! Thank you to all of the staff at Bear Brook Valley for giving us our dream wedding and for all of your hard work!!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Bear Brook Valley's reply:

Emma and Matt, thank you so much for letting the Bear Brook Valley team be a part of your special day! You two have such wonderful goofy and fun personalities, that we think we had just as much fun as you guys did! Please come back soon and party with us some more! We'll even put out some gluten free selections for you, Matt. Congratulations again!

Bear Brook Valley FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 9.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 9.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, China, Clean Up, Event Planning, Flatware, Glassware, Lighting/Sound, Linens, Parking, Set Up, Tables
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink
  • Describe your venue: Ballroom, Banquet Hall, Country/Golf Club
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
  • What event services do you offer? Cake, Clean Up, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Liability Insurance, Lighting / Sound, Set Up
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer
  • What event items are available? Altar/Arch, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Photo booth, Tables

Real Weddings