1131 pompton ave, Cedar Grove, NJ 07009 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 18

About il Tulipano

A Tuscan-inspired wedding venue in Cedar Grove, New Jersey, Il Tulipano Catering & Special Events specializes in unique wedding celebrations. Family owned and operated since 1982, the venue is dedicated to honoring the traditions and beliefs of the Polimeni family’s Italian heritage. Boasting an ambience of sophisticated warmth, Il Tulipano Catering & Special Events’ world-class style and impeccable service make it the perfect choice for exceeding expectations!

Facilities and Capacity

Comfortably accommodating a maximum of 330 guests, Il Tulipano Catering & Special Events offers endless options for couples to host their ceremony and/or reception. While the beautifully landscaped Piazza features brick walkways, stone arches and a cascading stone waterfall, the charming and graceful Grand Ballroom features crystal tulip chandeliers and romantic lighting. The elegantly appointed Tulip Terrace touts spectacular views of the venue’s impressive grounds from its window-lined walls.

This venue offers a variety of wedding-related services and amenities. Said options include, but are not limited to, the following:

• Bridal attendant
  • Setup
  • Cleanup
  • Event planning
  • Event rentals
  • Lighting/sound

Cuisine

The venue’s professional culinary team prides itself on using the best and freshest ingredients for your special day. Offering a variety of catering services, option include—but are not limited to—the following:

• Server(s)
  • Tastings
  • Hors d’oeuvres
  • Buffet-style dinner
  • Station-style dinner
  • Family-style dinner

Other Facilities

Il Tulipano Catering & Special Events features various wedding facilities for couples to use during and/or prior to their event. From the glass-enclosed Great Hall to the window-lined Tulip Terrace, each prove to be fitting options for bridal showers, engagement parties and/or rehearsal dinners.

Other Services

Interested couples have the option of including a variety of bar services with their celebration. Said services include, but are not limited to:

• Liquor license
  • House wine
  • Specialty wine
  • Signature drink

Location

Il Tulipano Catering & Special Events is an accomplished wedding venue in Essex County, New Jersey. The venue is less than two miles from a number of popular landmarks, such as Peckman Preserve and Hilltop Reservation.

FOYER

il Tulipano 6
il Tulipano 7
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Getting married on 08/08/2020

Let me start off this review by telling all the brides and grooms-to-be that my husband and I looked at 15 different venues before carefully selecting il Tulipano to be our special place to hold our wedding..! We can say with absolute certainty that this was one of the smartest decisions we ever made in terms of wedding planning. Our wedding was executed so beautifully, one of my aunts now wants to hold my cousin's wedding here.

il Tulipano is top-notch, and here are the reasons why...

- Donald Longo - what a saint..! He was so accommodating with sitting my husband and me down to really plan everything out to a "T", even during offbeat hours (with our work schedules being so hectic). So professional yet so honest at the same time. My husband and I loved Donald!

- Whether getting married outdoors in the beautiful piazza or indoors under a beautiful glass-paned ceiling.. you really can't lose! Many guests have commented on the beautiful landscaping that was evident during our outdoors ceremony

- Super attentive and helpful bridal attendant and maitre'd (Thank you, Sunday & Carol!!!) from the moment you exit your limo. These ladies made sure my groom and I had a chance to eat, made sure my feet were comfortable, made sure I had a tissue in hand during speeches.. and even allotted a special 5-minute "alone time" post-ceremony just to really enjoy each other's company in the bridal suite. Little details you wouldn't think would be picked up easily.. these ladies were our lucky stars. I had absolutely no contact with any vendors that day, as everything was already taken care of before I arrived at il Tulipano.

- I'm running out of space, but here are the others: The beautifully-lit ballroom (completely made our wedding video!), the spectacular Venetian hour, the intimacy of being the only wedding being celebrated that night, our delicious and magnificent in-house created CAKE, the FOOD..
    THANK YOU, il Tulipano!!!!

-Tiffany & Peter

Sent on 05/12/2013

Jill · Married on 04/26/2019

Amazing Venue

I don’t even know where to start with how amazing Il Tuliapano is! We were married on April 26, 2019. We worked with Chris the whole planning process. He was sure to go over every detail with us from the menu to where all our decor would be placed the night of the wedding. He was quick to respond with any questions and made everything so easy. They even made sure we got to enjoy the cocktail hour! Our guests are still raving about the food and how nice the venue was. Thank you Chris and Il Tulipano for helping make our wedding the best night of our lives.

Sent on 05/16/2019

Neeti · Married on 02/16/2019

Beautiful Wedding Venue!

Having our wedding reception at Il Tulipano was the best decision we made. Right from the first meeting we knew we had to go with them. My husband and I absolutely loved the venue when we saw it for the first time. The décor is very elegant and we liked the fact that we had the whole venue to ourselves. Other than the venue, Chris was the other factor that solidified our decision of going with Il Tulipano. Chris was absolutely great to work with. He addressed all our questions/concerns and even accommodated some changes that had to be made due to personal circumstances that arose. He was always very organized and thorough in his communications with us. Everything was perfect and to the T on our wedding day. All details and décor were just as we had requested. In addition to Chris, Carol and Veronica were fantastic in helping my husband and I with anything and everything we needed on the day of our wedding. The three of them made for a perfect team! Now the food, absolutely amazing!! So many of our wedding guests were complimentary of the food and were in complete awe of the quantity and quality of the cocktail hour food. All in all, Il Tulipano knows how to do a wedding right. The food is delicious and the staff are great! Thank you for making our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 05/27/2019

il Tulipano FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 750.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 750.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, China, Clean Up, Event Planning, Flatware, Glassware, Lighting/Sound, Parking, Set Up
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 24.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink
  • Describe your venue: Ballroom, Banquet Hall
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service? Ceremony, Reception, Engagement Party
  • What event services do you offer? Cake, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Lighting / Sound, Set Up
  • What event items are available? Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Chair Covers, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Photo booth, Tables

• Florentina Flowers and Event Design
    Florentina Flowers and Event Design Wedding Florists

As a wedding professional I work with my catering site but Il Tulipano is one of the finest catering sites in NJ. We hosted a family party recently and they go above and beyond for the clients. Looking forward to using them again in the near future.

• My Cinderella's Dream
    My Cinderella's Dream Wedding Hair & Makeup

Il Tulipano Catering was actually the Venue that Rita (co-owner of My Cinderella's Dream) and her husband got married at. Their Wedding was in April and even though it drizzled that day the Catering Hall was bright and inviting. The food is outstanding and all the people who work there couldn't have been more accommodating. Just goes to show you that good food, great place, friends and music is all you really need to make a great Wedding (Party). We as Vendors ourselves know how important it is to have a great review. We have worked with Il Tulipano on many occasions getting our Brides ready for their Wedding Day. We recommend them highly recommend them. Thank you for always being so gracious.

• 1131 pompton ave Cedar Grove, New Jersey, 07009 See on map