1131 pompton ave, Cedar Grove, NJ 07009 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 19

About il Tulipano

A Tuscan-inspired wedding venue in Cedar Grove, New Jersey, Il Tulipano Catering & Special Events specializes in unique wedding celebrations. Family owned and operated since 1982, the venue is dedicated to honoring the traditions and beliefs of the Polimeni family’s Italian heritage. Boasting an ambience of sophisticated warmth, Il Tulipano Catering & Special Events’ world-class style and impeccable service make it the perfect choice for exceeding expectations!

Facilities and Capacity

Comfortably accommodating a maximum of 330 guests, Il Tulipano Catering & Special Events offers endless options for couples to host their ceremony and/or reception. While the beautifully landscaped Piazza features brick walkways, stone arches and a cascading stone waterfall, the charming and graceful Grand Ballroom features crystal tulip chandeliers and romantic lighting. The elegantly appointed Tulip Terrace touts spectacular views of the venue’s impressive grounds from its window-lined walls.

This venue offers a variety of wedding-related services and amenities. Said options include, but are not limited to, the following:

• Bridal attendant
  • Setup
  • Cleanup
  • Event planning
  • Event rentals
  • Lighting/sound

Cuisine

The venue’s professional culinary team prides itself on using the best and freshest ingredients for your special day. Offering a variety of catering services, option include—but are not limited to—the following:

• Server(s)
  • Tastings
  • Hors d’oeuvres
  • Buffet-style dinner
  • Station-style dinner
  • Family-style dinner

Other Facilities

Il Tulipano Catering & Special Events features various wedding facilities for couples to use during and/or prior to their event. From the glass-enclosed Great Hall to the window-lined Tulip Terrace, each prove to be fitting options for bridal showers, engagement parties and/or rehearsal dinners.

Other Services

Interested couples have the option of including a variety of bar services with their celebration. Said services include, but are not limited to:

• Liquor license
  • House wine
  • Specialty wine
  • Signature drink

Location

Il Tulipano Catering & Special Events is an accomplished wedding venue in Essex County, New Jersey. The venue is less than two miles from a number of popular landmarks, such as Peckman Preserve and Hilltop Reservation.

• Crystal Plaza
  • The Elan Catering and Events
  • the Gramercy at lakeside manor
FOYER

il Tulipano 4
il Tulipano 5
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Getting married on 08/08/2020

Let me start off this review by telling all the brides and grooms-to-be that my husband and I looked at 15 different venues before carefully selecting il Tulipano to be our special place to hold our wedding..! We can say with absolute certainty that this was one of the smartest decisions we ever made in terms of wedding planning. Our wedding was executed so beautifully, one of my aunts now wants to hold my cousin's wedding here.

il Tulipano is top-notch, and here are the reasons why...

- Donald Longo - what a saint..! He was so accommodating with sitting my husband and me down to really plan everything out to a "T", even during offbeat hours (with our work schedules being so hectic). So professional yet so honest at the same time. My husband and I loved Donald!

- Whether getting married outdoors in the beautiful piazza or indoors under a beautiful glass-paned ceiling.. you really can't lose! Many guests have commented on the beautiful landscaping that was evident during our outdoors ceremony

- Super attentive and helpful bridal attendant and maitre'd (Thank you, Sunday & Carol!!!) from the moment you exit your limo. These ladies made sure my groom and I had a chance to eat, made sure my feet were comfortable, made sure I had a tissue in hand during speeches.. and even allotted a special 5-minute "alone time" post-ceremony just to really enjoy each other's company in the bridal suite. Little details you wouldn't think would be picked up easily.. these ladies were our lucky stars. I had absolutely no contact with any vendors that day, as everything was already taken care of before I arrived at il Tulipano.

- I'm running out of space, but here are the others: The beautifully-lit ballroom (completely made our wedding video!), the spectacular Venetian hour, the intimacy of being the only wedding being celebrated that night, our delicious and magnificent in-house created CAKE, the FOOD..
    THANK YOU, il Tulipano!!!!

-Tiffany & Peter

Sent on 05/12/2013
  • Gina

Gina · Married on 08/31/2019

Il Tulipano....the Best!

Il Tulipano was the perfect setting for our intimate wedding! Our planner Gina A. was absolutely phenomenal and made our wedding planning fun and stress free! Gina ensured our wedding day delivered seamless service with exceptional attention to detail! I highly recommend this venue for any special occasion and suggest you request to work with Gina...she was wonderful and such a pleasure to work with and talk to! Thank you to all the staff for making our wedding so memorable!!

Sent on 09/19/2019
  • Karlene

Karlene and Dadisi · Married on 04/28/2019

Beautiful Venue, Excellent Service and Food

To be honest, I was a little nervous at first...there is so much you don't know as a new bride. I say this because I am a very detailed person, so when they said, it was covered - I was skeptical. What exactly is 'covered'?' That said, they couldn't have been more fabulous. From the rehearsal through wedding, they really did have everything covered. We worked with Gina, she was wonderful. The day of the wedding attendant was soooo helpful. The venue was beautiful. And the food that was raved about to us by everyone who we told we were getting married there, was actually DELICIOUS - just like they said. We highly recommend, Il Tulipano, they are truly a class act.

il Tulipano 6
    Sent on 10/26/2019

il Tulipano FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 750
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
    $ 750
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Bridal Suite
    Glassware
    Lighting/Sound
    Parking
    Set Up
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?
    Cake Cutting
    Dessert
    Server(s)
    Wedding Cake
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service?
    $ 24
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?
    Bartender(s)
    Signature Drink
  • Describe your venue:
    Ballroom
    Banquet Hall
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Engagement Party
  • What event services do you offer?
    Cake
    Event Planner
    Event Rentals
    Get Ready Rooms
    Lighting / Sound
    Set Up
  • What event items are available?
    Audio Equipment
    Furniture
    Lighting
    Photo booth
    Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Barware
    China
    Chocolate Fountain
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
    Shuttle
    Valet
    Wheelchair Access

• Florentina Flowers and Event Design
    Florentina Flowers and Event Design Wedding Florists

As a wedding professional I work with my catering site but Il Tulipano is one of the finest catering sites in NJ. We hosted a family party recently and they go above and beyond for the clients. Looking forward to using them again in the near future.

• My Cinderella's Dream
    My Cinderella's Dream Wedding Hair & Makeup

Il Tulipano Catering was actually the Venue that Rita (co-owner of My Cinderella's Dream) and her husband got married at. Their Wedding was in April and even though it drizzled that day the Catering Hall was bright and inviting. The food is outstanding and all the people who work there couldn't have been more accommodating. Just goes to show you that good food, great place, friends and music is all you really need to make a great Wedding (Party). We as Vendors ourselves know how important it is to have a great review. We have worked with Il Tulipano on many occasions getting our Brides ready for their Wedding Day. We recommend them highly recommend them. Thank you for always being so gracious.

• 1131 pompton ave Cedar Grove, New Jersey, 07009 See on map