il Tulipano

1131 pompton ave, Cedar Grove, NJ 07009 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 18

About il Tulipano

A Tuscan-inspired wedding venue in Cedar Grove, New Jersey, Il Tulipano Catering & Special Events specializes in unique wedding celebrations. Family owned and operated since 1982, the venue is dedicated to honoring the traditions and beliefs of the Polimeni family’s Italian heritage. Boasting an ambience of sophisticated warmth, Il Tulipano Catering & Special Events’ world-class style and impeccable service make it the perfect choice for exceeding expectations!

Facilities and Capacity

Comfortably accommodating a maximum of 330 guests, Il Tulipano Catering & Special Events offers endless options for couples to host their ceremony and/or reception. While the beautifully landscaped Piazza features brick walkways, stone arches and a cascading stone waterfall, the charming and graceful Grand Ballroom features crystal tulip chandeliers and romantic lighting. The elegantly appointed Tulip Terrace touts spectacular views of the venue’s impressive grounds from its window-lined walls.

This venue offers a variety of wedding-related services and amenities. Said options include, but are not limited to, the following:

• Bridal attendant
  • Setup
  • Cleanup
  • Event planning
  • Event rentals
  • Lighting/sound

Cuisine

The venue’s professional culinary team prides itself on using the best and freshest ingredients for your special day. Offering a variety of catering services, option include—but are not limited to—the following:

• Server(s)
  • Tastings
  • Hors d’oeuvres
  • Buffet-style dinner
  • Station-style dinner
  • Family-style dinner

Other Facilities

Il Tulipano Catering & Special Events features various wedding facilities for couples to use during and/or prior to their event. From the glass-enclosed Great Hall to the window-lined Tulip Terrace, each prove to be fitting options for bridal showers, engagement parties and/or rehearsal dinners.

Other Services

Interested couples have the option of including a variety of bar services with their celebration. Said services include, but are not limited to:

• Liquor license
  • House wine
  • Specialty wine
  • Signature drink

Location

Il Tulipano Catering & Special Events is an accomplished wedding venue in Essex County, New Jersey. The venue is less than two miles from a number of popular landmarks, such as Peckman Preserve and Hilltop Reservation.

Newlyweds

il Tulipano 5
il Tulipano 6
il Tulipano 7

Alicia · Married on 11/17/2018

Amazing Food and Service!

We had our wedding at Il Tulipano on November 17, 2018. We communicated mainly with Donald Longo, who made sure to accommodate our every need before, during, and even after the event. Our guests were floored by Il Tulipano’s cocktail hour - in fact, many guests mistakenly thought cocktail hour was a buffet dinner! Not only is Il Tulipano’s food beyond compare, but their service and professionalism cannot be rivaled. We had a few unplanned minor incidents break out during the course of our reception but my husband and I never needed to worry about them because Il Tulipano’s staff immediately took care of whatever the issue was. We were especially impressed with Carol, our Maitre’d, and Veronica, our bridal attendant. We had a reserved table during the cocktail hour that had a platter of the passed hor devours already on it (and a huge white napkin so I wouldn’t dirty my dress!). Veronica got us whatever else we wanted during the cocktail hour so that we were able to sit and enjoy ourselves. The case was the same for the Viennese hour. At the end of the night, Carol, Veronica, and the rest of the staff quickly and efficiently gathered all our decorations and helped us transport them to a waiting car. Our reception was perfect and Il Tulipano played a huge part in that. I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Danielle · Married on 10/27/2018

One in a million

I'm not sure where to start. We live just over an hour away from this venue but didn't realize it when we made the appointment. We went anyway and met with Chris. Jonathan wanted to sign right then and there without even looking at another venue yet. I convinced him to see one more and also kept looking online for something better and closer to our house. What a waste of time. NOTHING compared to il Tulipano. The place is gorgeous! The standard cocktail hour is insane with MORE than enough food. The menu is simply amazing. The food is DELICIOUS and so are the desserts! The staff is top notch. Friendly, helpful, accommodating. Chris kept me calm during all my other wedding planning snafus, weather issues and last minute changes to our guests and tables THE DAY OF our wedding. He was always available for any questions we had and always had helpful advice for us all throughout our planning. Carol was so amazing to us and our guests and even kept a close watch on my parents, as my Dad's health is not good. Veronica, my bridal attendant, was just amazing! She asked us what we wanted to eat during our cocktail hour and delivered it to our table. She made sure we ate and drank. She sewed my dress when part of the beading was coming off. The second I took off my shoes, she came over with flip flops. Our guests cannot stop talking about the atmosphere and the food. Especially the cocktail hour, which again, we just had the standard one! We enjoyed everything so much that I want to do it again!!Read Less
    Edit Review

Theresa · Married on 06/02/2018

The most amazing place to have a wedding. Chris & his staff (Carol, Veronica) were so attentive to us, there are no words.
    the grounds were absolutely beautiful for our outdoor ceremony. everything went off without a hitch. the food was out of this world and my guests are still commenting about it.
    Thank You Il Tulipano for making our day even more special.
    Bob & Terri

il Tulipano 8
    il Tulipano 9

il Tulipano FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? No
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 750.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 750.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, China, Clean Up, Event Planning, Flatware, Glassware, Lighting/Sound, Parking, Set Up
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 24.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink
  • Describe your venue: Ballroom, Banquet Hall
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service? Ceremony, Reception, Engagement Party
  • What event services do you offer? Cake, Event Planner, Event Rentals, Get Ready Rooms, Lighting / Sound, Set Up
  • What event items are available? Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Chair Covers, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Photo booth, Tables

• Florentina Flowers and Gifts
    Florentina Flowers and Gifts Wedding Florists

As a wedding professional I work with my catering site but Il Tulipano is one of the finest catering sites in NJ. We hosted a family party recently and they go above and beyond for the clients. Looking forward to using them again in the near future.

• My Cinderella's Dream
    My Cinderella's Dream Wedding Hair & Makeup

Il Tulipano Catering was actually the Venue that Rita (co-owner of My Cinderella's Dream) and her husband got married at. Their Wedding was in April and even though it drizzled that day the Catering Hall was bright and inviting. The food is outstanding and all the people who work there couldn't have been more accommodating. Just goes to show you that good food, great place, friends and music is all you really need to make a great Wedding (Party). We as Vendors ourselves know how important it is to have a great review. We have worked with Il Tulipano on many occasions getting our Brides ready for their Wedding Day. We recommend them highly recommend them. Thank you for always being so gracious.

• 1131 pompton ave Cedar Grove, New Jersey, NJ 07009 See on map