il Tulipano Reviews

il Tulipano 6
il Tulipano 7
  • Tiffany

Tiffany · Getting married on 08/08/2020

Let me start off this review by telling all the brides and grooms-to-be that my husband and I looked at 15 different venues before carefully selecting il Tulipano to be our special place to hold our wedding..! We can say with absolute certainty that this was one of the smartest decisions we ever made in terms of wedding planning. Our wedding was executed so beautifully, one of my aunts now wants to hold my cousin's wedding here.

il Tulipano is top-notch, and here are the reasons why...

- Donald Longo - what a saint..! He was so accommodating with sitting my husband and me down to really plan everything out to a "T", even during offbeat hours (with our work schedules being so hectic). So professional yet so honest at the same time. My husband and I loved Donald!

- Whether getting married outdoors in the beautiful piazza or indoors under a beautiful glass-paned ceiling.. you really can't lose! Many guests have commented on the beautiful landscaping that was evident during our outdoors ceremony

- Super attentive and helpful bridal attendant and maitre'd (Thank you, Sunday & Carol!!!) from the moment you exit your limo. These ladies made sure my groom and I had a chance to eat, made sure my feet were comfortable, made sure I had a tissue in hand during speeches.. and even allotted a special 5-minute "alone time" post-ceremony just to really enjoy each other's company in the bridal suite. Little details you wouldn't think would be picked up easily.. these ladies were our lucky stars. I had absolutely no contact with any vendors that day, as everything was already taken care of before I arrived at il Tulipano.

- I'm running out of space, but here are the others: The beautifully-lit ballroom (completely made our wedding video!), the spectacular Venetian hour, the intimacy of being the only wedding being celebrated that night, our delicious and magnificent in-house created CAKE, the FOOD..
    THANK YOU, il Tulipano!!!!

-Tiffany & Peter

Sent on 05/12/2013

Jill · Married on 04/26/2019

Amazing Venue

I don’t even know where to start with how amazing Il Tuliapano is! We were married on April 26, 2019. We worked with Chris the whole planning process. He was sure to go over every detail with us from the menu to where all our decor would be placed the night of the wedding. He was quick to respond with any questions and made everything so easy. They even made sure we got to enjoy the cocktail hour! Our guests are still raving about the food and how nice the venue was. Thank you Chris and Il Tulipano for helping make our wedding the best night of our lives.

Sent on 05/16/2019

Anna · Married on 04/12/2019

Il Tulipano exceeded our expectations in every way. The food was absolute top quality with many guests commenting how it was the best food they ever had at a wedding. The service was impeccable; everything was served hot and efficiently. The grounds were gorgeous and beautifully manicured; the pictures taken in the gardens were stunning. The uplighting they provide as part of your package added a warm glow to the atmosphere. The staff at Il Tulipano were always very friendly and accomodating. We worked with Donald who guided us with his expertise in wedding planning and had a great sense of humor to help keep the stress levels down. We highly recommend Il Tulipano for any formal event.

Sent on 10/04/2013

Neeti · Married on 02/16/2019

Beautiful Wedding Venue!

Having our wedding reception at Il Tulipano was the best decision we made. Right from the first meeting we knew we had to go with them. My husband and I absolutely loved the venue when we saw it for the first time. The décor is very elegant and we liked the fact that we had the whole venue to ourselves. Other than the venue, Chris was the other factor that solidified our decision of going with Il Tulipano. Chris was absolutely great to work with. He addressed all our questions/concerns and even accommodated some changes that had to be made due to personal circumstances that arose. He was always very organized and thorough in his communications with us. Everything was perfect and to the T on our wedding day. All details and décor were just as we had requested. In addition to Chris, Carol and Veronica were fantastic in helping my husband and I with anything and everything we needed on the day of our wedding. The three of them made for a perfect team! Now the food, absolutely amazing!! So many of our wedding guests were complimentary of the food and were in complete awe of the quantity and quality of the cocktail hour food. All in all, Il Tulipano knows how to do a wedding right. The food is delicious and the staff are great! Thank you for making our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Alicia · Married on 11/17/2018

Amazing Food and Service!

We had our wedding at Il Tulipano on November 17, 2018. We communicated mainly with Donald Longo, who made sure to accommodate our every need before, during, and even after the event. Our guests were floored by Il Tulipano’s cocktail hour - in fact, many guests mistakenly thought cocktail hour was a buffet dinner! Not only is Il Tulipano’s food beyond compare, but their service and professionalism cannot be rivaled. We had a few unplanned minor incidents break out during the course of our reception but my husband and I never needed to worry about them because Il Tulipano’s staff immediately took care of whatever the issue was. We were especially impressed with Carol, our Maitre’d, and Veronica, our bridal attendant. We had a reserved table during the cocktail hour that had a platter of the passed hor devours already on it (and a huge white napkin so I wouldn’t dirty my dress!). Veronica got us whatever else we wanted during the cocktail hour so that we were able to sit and enjoy ourselves. The case was the same for the Viennese hour. At the end of the night, Carol, Veronica, and the rest of the staff quickly and efficiently gathered all our decorations and helped us transport them to a waiting car. Our reception was perfect and Il Tulipano played a huge part in that. I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 12/08/2018

Danielle · Married on 10/27/2018

One in a million

I'm not sure where to start. We live just over an hour away from this venue but didn't realize it when we made the appointment. We went anyway and met with Chris. Jonathan wanted to sign right then and there without even looking at another venue yet. I convinced him to see one more and also kept looking online for something better and closer to our house. What a waste of time. NOTHING compared to il Tulipano. The place is gorgeous! The standard cocktail hour is insane with MORE than enough food. The menu is simply amazing. The food is DELICIOUS and so are the desserts! The staff is top notch. Friendly, helpful, accommodating. Chris kept me calm during all my other wedding planning snafus, weather issues and last minute changes to our guests and tables THE DAY OF our wedding. He was always available for any questions we had and always had helpful advice for us all throughout our planning. Carol was so amazing to us and our guests and even kept a close watch on my parents, as my Dad's health is not good. Veronica, my bridal attendant, was just amazing! She asked us what we wanted to eat during our cocktail hour and delivered it to our table. She made sure we ate and drank. She sewed my dress when part of the beading was coming off. The second I took off my shoes, she came over with flip flops. Our guests cannot stop talking about the atmosphere and the food. Especially the cocktail hour, which again, we just had the standard one! We enjoyed everything so much that I want to do it again!!Read Less
    Edit Review

Sent on 11/10/2018

Theresa · Married on 06/02/2018

The most amazing place to have a wedding. Chris & his staff (Carol, Veronica) were so attentive to us, there are no words.
    the grounds were absolutely beautiful for our outdoor ceremony. everything went off without a hitch. the food was out of this world and my guests are still commenting about it.
    Thank You Il Tulipano for making our day even more special.
    Bob & Terri

Sent on 06/07/2018
    il Tulipano 8
    il Tulipano 9

Sara · Married on 05/14/2018

We had our wedding at it Tulipano on June 9,2018 and we were blown away. We worked with Chris. Not only was he lovely and easy to work with but he and il Tulipano catered to every need during the planning process and the day of. He made planning a breeze. Our bridal attendant was extremely on top of things- to the point where she took a hair pin out of her own hair and pinned it in mine to fix my hair before I went on the dance floor. The night was a dream and was beyond our imagination. There was no shortage of food. Every last bite was delicious and our guests keep talking about it. Il Tulipano actually made sure we had moments to ourselves to eat and take everything in. We highly recommend you book il Tulipano to make your wedding as amazing and as special as ours !

Sent on 07/13/2018
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 04/21/2018

Il Tulipano was exceptional! I am so glad we chose them! From the day we walked in to see the venue up until the very end they were great to work with. Both Donald and Chris were super helpful , organized and always very responsive with any kinds of questions we had. The place is immaculate and the outside is great for pictures. The day of our wedding our guests couldn't believe the amount of food and the quality of food just at cocktail hour alone! The dinner, cake and all of the desserts were also very impressive and the bar was top notch and packed all night. The next day our guests could not stop talking about how amazing Il Tulipano was and how good the food was! Veronica was my bridal attendant and she was the absolute best! The moment I walked in she really took care of me, she helped me with my dress, shoes and made sure that we sat down to eat! Everything from start to finish was perfect! Thanks again Il Tulipano, our wedding was a dream come true!

Sent on 04/26/2018
    il Tulipano 10
    il Tulipano 11

Sofia · Married on 03/17/2018

We were so fortunate to have had our wedding reception at il Tulipano! We cannot say enough good things about Chris Ryter who worked with us and the entire staff. Il Tulipano is an absolutely beautiful establishment, and you can feel the warmth inside. Owned and run by family, you are made to feel like family! The staff at il Tulipano is among the sweetest and kindest we have ever interacted with. Christ Ryter was the manager who worked with us, and again, we cannot say enough good things about him. Chris always took the time to make sure that all of our questions and concerns were taken care, he provided us with very helpful suggestions and recommendations, and he did everything to ensure that our day was going to be special.
    At il Tulipano they genuinely love what they do. We never felt like we were just another wedding or just another number. We could see that our wedding was very important to the staff at il Tulipano, and they made it their mission to ensure that we had a great time and that we were taken care of. That was something that immediately stood out to us, this genuine desire to give you the best time! For so many places, you’re just another wedding, and you’re just in and out. But il Tulipano makes it their mission to give you only the best experience, and their genuineness is so obvious. Our wedding was in March, and people are still telling us how much fun they had at our wedding! Il Tulipano had exactly what we were looking for in a reception hall. We had our reception in the ballroom, which we highly recommend. The atmosphere was very warm and beautiful, not like some of the over the top, gaudy rooms you find in other reception halls. It’s the kind of room that makes you feel welcomed right away. Our colors were gold and white, and our vision of simple but elegant was beautifully put together. The food was also incredible! To all the staff at il Tulipano, thank you so much for giving us the most wonderful experience!

Sent on 06/06/2018

Julie · Married on 09/17/2017

Outstanding place ! Food was phenomenal ~ Chris was calm and helpful and personable-Sunday and Carol were indispensable. Made our day fabulous. Everyone kept coming up to us to tell us how amazing the place and the food was. Absolutely went above and beyond. outshined our expectations. everything in one place . Even made the most delicious cake ! Thank you so much for the best experience yet!

Sent on 09/22/2017

Tameka · Married on 08/05/2017

If you are looking for a great place to have your ceremony and reception, Il Tulipano is the perfect place. We had our wedding here on August 5th, and it was simply amazing. The ceremony was out doors and the grounds look wonderful. Our guests can not stop talking about our cocktail hour and the amount of food available. The reception was fantastic and the food was top notch. The staff was attentive and flexible; and the bar was well stocked. Donald Longo helped to coordinate everything, and we would recommend him to any couple looking to have a great wedding!

Sent on 09/04/2017

Linda · Married on 08/04/2017

What an amazing place to have your wedding!!! Outstanding service, ambiance, food and professionalism!!!! Top shelf all the way!!!!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Analee · Married on 07/21/2017

My husband and I recently had our wedding reception here and everything about it was PERFECT! The guests raved about the delicious food and the banquet room. I worked with Donald and he was so wonderful. He worked closely with my husband and I to make sure our day was everything we imagined. The bridal attendant, Thea, was also so attentive and helped make the day magical. I would absolutely recommend this place. The food was delicious and service was impeccable. All of my guests keep telling me that it was the best place they'd ever been for a wedding! Thank you!!!!

Sent on 07/31/2017

Allyson · Married on 07/16/2017

My husband and I had our wedding ceremony and reception at il Tulipano this past summer. I can’t say enough good things about the staff here! Working with Chris throughout the planning process was a pleasure. He was very responsive to emails and phone calls and always answered any questions I had. Everything went so smoothly the day of our wedding, and all of the little details we had spoken about were executed perfectly! Our bridal attendant took such great care of us and made sure we had time to eat. The food was amazing. Our guests are still talking about how delicious the food was and how beautiful the venue was! We can’t thank the staff of il Tulipano enough for helping to create our beautiful wedding day! We definitely recommend this venue!

Sent on 11/12/2017

Janet · Married on 07/15/2017

il Tulipano exceeded all of our expectations! From start to finish, Chris was always available to answer questions and made the entire process smooth and enjoyable.

The bridal attendant, Veronica, was beyond perfect. From always making sure that I always had a full drink, to ensuring my dress never got dirty, and being on hand for what ever we needed, we couldn't have asked for anyone better!

Our guests are still raving about the quality and quantity of the food from the cocktail hour all the way through the venetian hour.

We highly recommend this venue and only hope we can go back as guest someday :)

Sent on 07/30/2017

Samantha · Married on 07/14/2017

Where can I possibly begin?! Il Tulipano was the perfect wedding venue for my husband and I. From the very first time I walked in I could imagine having our wedding there. The grounds and ballroom are so beautiful. But most importantly the food was amazing !! We worked with Chris and to be honest his down to earth personality had sealed the deal with us. He answered every question I had and was always available to us. I can't express how much we appreciated the staff especially our maitre d as well. ALL OF OUR DREAMS CAME TRUE. IL Tulipano was a perfect choice !!!!

Sent on 07/30/2017

Deana · Married on 06/30/2017

Everything from start to finish was wonderful! The staff, including Chris and Donald catered to my every need. Guests are still talking about the cocktail hour, dinner, and Viennese hour. It was amazing! The beautiful terrace made my pictures even more beautiful, and having the outside available for guests to enjoy cocktail hour made the night even more enjoyable. Also, I cannot forget about my cake that was custom made by the pastry chef, it was exactly what I wanted! I cant say enough about Il Tulipano, and how they helped make my wedding one of the best days of my life!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Anthony · Married on 05/20/2017

Throughout all the potential issues and pitfalls of our wedding planning, we never had a single doubt that Chris from il Tulipano would make sure absolutely every detail was perfect. True to his word, our night was incredible. The space was beautiful and our guests are STILL talking about the food. We never wanted for anything during the night. It's the best decision we made!
    -Anthony and Erin 5/20/2017

Sent on 06/10/2017

Nicole · Married on 05/06/2017

I honestly can't say enough about il Tulipano. Just that we knew this venue was perfect and the place we wanted to get married. Chris was awesome to work with during the process and made sure that anything and everything was just perfect. Our wedding consultants were fabulous and made us feel so comfortable that day. The food was out of this world and all of our guest complemented on it all night long! The martini bar was a hit even for an 11:30-5pm wedding. The venease hour was so much fun especially for the kids. If I could do it again we would book again. Our guests were so pleased and so were we. Thank you Chris and il tulipano again for such an amazing day that will never be forgotten.

Sent on 05/19/2017

Nancy · Married on 04/29/2017

My son and daughter-in-law just had their wedding reception here and it was fantastic! The food at the cocktail hour included everything that you could possibly imagine and was so delicious.The weather was nice, so many of the guests were out on the patio.
    The reception upstairs was wonderful. Veronica, the bridal attendant, was amazing and made sure that everything ran smoothly. I personally had the filet mignon and it was to die for. Really, every aspect of the evening was exceptional. Everyone at the reception thoroughly enjoyed themselves.
    I also have to mention that the bride and groom live out of state and Donald from Il Tulipano made making the arrangements so easy. He made sure that he was available to meet with them on the occasions that they came East and was also willing to make decisions over the phone.
    I highly recommend Il Tulipano.

Sent on 09/22/2018

Danielle · Married on 04/28/2017

Il Tulipano was the second venue we visited out of 10 and I knew we would be back. From when we first met with Chris I knew it would be a smooth process and he would be on top of everything. Our wedding day was everything we imagined it would be! From perfect weather to perfect service it was great! Chris was so helpful with everything and so were our maître d and bridal attendant... they kept us moving and made sure we ate! Everyone is still raving about the food and most people were from Staten Island and Brooklyn where they are used to great Italian food!

Sent on 05/11/2017

Jamie · Married on 12/31/2016

Booking Il Tulipano was the best decision we ever made. After going to several venues we met with Donald and knew without a doubt that we needed to book. Everything you could want in a wedding is included in the price they quote you. From the minute we booked, all their staff was extremely accommodating and passionate about their work. Donald would answer all e-mails at any time of the day and made you feel completely comfortable. Chris and staff made our NYE wedding exactly what we pictured. Every single one of our guests was amazed with the amount of food and how it tasted. They truly put personal touches into everything. The chef, Mario, is outstanding and he makes sure everything is perfect! Our bridal attendant, Veronica, was extremely attentive and made the day easy for us. You will not regret booking with Il Tulipano, they truly gave us the best day of our lives!

Sent on 01/10/2017

Jess · Married on 11/19/2016

It has been a week and my family and friends are still talking about this gorgeous venue, the amount of food and how good it was, and how intimate it felt because it was only one wedding at a time. From the moment we booked, Chris worked hard to make our dream wedding come to life including changing the menu up to include food from our Polish culture. The bridal attendant that I had day of was a lifesaver especially when a guest popped one of my buttons by stepping on my train during a dance. She was next to me within seconds with safety pins. Everything was incredible and I could not be a happier bride.

Sent on 09/07/2017

Alexandra · Married on 11/12/2016

From start to finish Il Tulipano made our 11/12/16 wedding spectacular. From our first meeting to picking up my stuff the morning after, they we're truely top notch. Chris and Greg always went above and beyond to make sure that we had everything we wanted to make our day perfect, and I have to say it was flawless. My bridal assistant Veronica was behind me every step of the way and went above and beyond all my expectations. The food from the cocktail hour to the Viennese hour was outstanding. There was not a single person that left hungry and no one had anything but amazing things to say about it all. Any requests or concerns they we're able to accommodate immediately and communication was always key- I never had to chase anyone down when I had a question or concern during the planning process. The staff worked flawlessly to keep everything moving the way it needed to be. The staff at Il Tulipano really puts the bride and groom first and does not go through the motions as if its "just another wedding".

Thank you Il Tulipano for making everything about our day perfect!

Sent on 11/28/2016