Tara Engle Photography Reviews

Washington, DC
Rating 4.8 out of 5, 44 Reviews
View more information

Mandy Married on 08/10/2018
    Tara was so fantastic to have as our wedding photographer! She was so easy going and brought joy and a smile everywhere she went! Even with a new baby, she was focused and dedicated to capturing the joy of the day. We loved the brightness that her photography brings and we absolutely LOVE how all of the photos turned out!
    Molly Married on 09/26/2015
    We were so thrilled to find Tara and have the chance to work with her. Tara is incredibly professional, kind and easy to work with. She met a number of logistical challenges for our wedding with grace, and most importantly, took gorgeous photographs! Tara was responsive, thoughtful, and listened carefully to all of our requests and needs. To speak more on her flexibility, Tara was open to deciding the night of the wedding how long she would stay, and was extremely accommodating of our somewhat unusual requests -- fewer posed photos, mostly candids, and a desire for both photos and personal space during our first look. We and our families continue to talk about how much we enjoyed having her, and everyone has been thrilled with the photos!!
  • Tanya
    Tanya Married on 08/20/2011
    Tara and Anne are amazing wedding day photographers. They were amazing to work with. I love how creative they were in using space, lighting and colors around to bring out the best quality of pictures. I also appreciate how calm and collected they remained in rolling with the punches and providing great direction in coordinating everyone in pictures. I can't say more amazing things about them. I would recommend them to anyone!
    Jenna Married on 06/04/2011
    Tara (and her assistant) are WONDERFUL!! They are creative and casual without sacrificing professionalism. I especially loved how well Tara photographed our two dogs during the engagement session and also the wedding! Her animal portraits are fabulous.

Thanks!
    Kathleen Married on 05/28/2011
    I would absolutely recommend Tara to ANYONE. She was fantasic to work with throughout the wedding- from the initial meeting, to the engagement session, thru the wedding and after. Tara really worked with us in scheduling the engagement photos and doing a "walk thru" of the church in the months prior to the wedding. We live approximately 3.5 hours from where our wedding was, and Tara was fantasic in working with when we would be in town for other things. On the day of the wedding, we took some outside photos at a local park. Tara had scouted the location prior to the wedding, and knew just were to take some photos- even though the park was quite busy and some of the areas were being used. Tara even crawled around in the high weeds/water to make sure the photos looked great!! She was easy to work with and made sure our list of "must have" photos were all taken. Tara even had a few preview photos of the wedding posted the Monday following the wedding- and all our photos ready for viewing within 2 weeks!!! FANTASTIC and we LOVE our photos.
    Amanda Married on 04/24/2011
    Tara and her assistant Stacy were everything we wanted for our wedding day. We had the utmost confidence that our pictures would be phenomenal! They had such an eye for detail, from making sure every hair was in place to the tilt of our heads. Both women had such professionalism and made our day fun! We are excited to have them back for our trash the dress photos!
    Jamie Married on 04/16/2011
    Tara made our photo session fun, relaxing and beautiful. Our photos turned out better then we could have expected! She was flexible and so fun to work with! I'm so excited to get to see the rest of our photos with her attention to detail I know everything about our day was captured. We'll be recommending her to everyone, already have been!
    Sarah Married on 03/04/2011
    Tara was AMAZING!! The photographs look so beautiful, being a photographer myself, I am very picky. I couldn't be happier with the results!! The pictures are thoughtful, creative, and stunning. I would recommend Tara Engle Photography to anyone and everyone!! Her photojournalistic approach and attention to detail make her a perfect choice for anyone who wants an artistic documentation of thier big day. I will look back at these photographs as beautiful memories and am proud to share and display them!! Thanks Tara, we love you!!!
    Jeff Married on 10/23/2010
    AWESOME!!! Tara is talented photographer!
    Christy Married on 10/23/2010
    Tara and her team do excellent work. They make sure that all of the pictures you want for you day get taken, they have a great eye for all the details that make up your wedding day and capture them creatively. I highly recommend her to anyone.
    Sarah Married on 09/18/2010
    Tara Engle Photography is by FAR one of the best photographers I have had. She was very supportive and precise as to meeting our needs for our wedding. Tara met each of our needs and beyond. I would definitely recommend her and will be using her services in the future. She has a great personality and her sidekick Sarah and her work great together! Very fun to work with!!! I wish I could have given 6/5 stars, because it was more than what I even asked for!
    Coralie Married on 07/31/2010
    Tara was so easy to work with and did a wonderful job capturing every moment! We would highly recommend her!
    Kathie Married on 07/31/2010
    It was a pleasure also to meet you and do my son and daughter in laws wedding. I am sure the wedding pictures will be as lovely as their engagement. We had an awesome day.
    You were great!
    Kathie Snyder
    Laura Married on 06/19/2010
    I have not seen all of the pictures yet but what I have seen so far are AWESOME!!! Tara and her assistant did a great job, no complaints here. =)
  • X
    Xilonen Married on 06/12/2010
    They were amazing and very organized! Most ofthe time I didn't even know they were there! I am so excited to see all the pictures!! Thank you so much!
    Kellie Married on 05/08/2010
    Tara and her crew were simply wonderful in every aspect! Her pictures are unique, creative, and wonderful. She is very organized, timely, and responsive to any question or conern my new husband and I had for her. Tara was on the ground, contorted herself in various poses, and even got a back of straw just to get the shots! Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com
    Being a photography buff myself, I couldn't have asked for a better wedding photographer!
    Denise Married on 10/16/2009
    We first met Tara while planning our daughter's wedding 4 years ago. It was a terrific experience and we have referenced Tara Engle Photography to anyone we knew who were planning a wedding. We also hired Tara for our youngest daughter's wedding last fall. Again, Tara exceeded our expectations and gave us wonderful lasting memories with her professional and tastefully done photos.
    We will continue to reference Tara whenever we can.
    Megan Married on 08/29/2009
    Tara and Sarah did an amazing job! At the recption any time any one wanted a snap shot Tara or Sarah were there getting a picture also, but at the same time I never felt like they were fallowing we around. Tara and Sarah you did a great job...I don't know how you do it!
    Lindsey Married on 08/22/2009
    Loved Tara Engle Photography. I have referred her to other friends. She captured our wedding day perfectly!
    Jen Married on 08/08/2009
    Tara and her team were great to work with. I couldn't asked for a more thorough well thought out plan for our day. From the minute I sat down with Tara, throughout the entire engagement and wedding, it as truly a great experience. When we got our pictures back, we were absolutely stunned at how great they were and how everything we wanted captured was there in many different pictures. Tara is so great at what she does and she made our day absolutely perfect!
    Thanks Tara!!! Now we have our wedding etched through your photos forever!
  • F
    Garland Married on 07/18/2009
    Our wedding pictures were absolutely stunning and worth every penny. On the day of, Tara said she was getting over a cold and 'slow' that day. Considering she was climbing on rocks, crawling through the dirt, and leaping over bridges, all to get a better photo, the idea of her not getting over a cold is a little intimidating.

We just can't say enough, it was such a perfect and professional experience.
    Andrea Married on 06/13/2009
    Tara Engle photography has truly the best quality pictures I have ever seen. Everything from the locations, color, poses and quality is priceless.
    Lisa Married on 05/30/2009
    Tara far exceeded our expectations in all aspects of her role as photgrapher. Her creativity and vision helped to capture all of those special moments. She was so responsive and everyone, including many of our guests, commented on how involved she was in making sure all of the details, big and small, were included so when we look back on this day - the photos will bring all of the excitement of the day back to us. Tara and Stacey worked so well as a team, that they could read each other's mind and know exactly what they were needing and wanting to accomplish. I have shared Tara's site with a number of coworkers and expressed how pleased we have been with everything. I also want to say how valuable the bridal portrait session was and how special it was for me to be able to share in that "once in a lifetime" moment with my daughter. Thank you Tara!!!
    Nicole Married on 05/30/2009
    Tara was wonderful to work with! Her and Stacey (the second photographer) both took amazing pictures and were a joy to be around. Considering the fact that you spend the majority of your wedding day with your photographer (10 hours in my case), you want to make sure your photographer won't cause any unnecessary stress, is reliable, and able to capture the pictures you want; Tara and Stacey both far exceeded my expectations. Thanks so much for capturing so many phenomenal pictures on my wedding day!!

I would highly recommend Tara Engle Photography to anyone looking for a photographer.
    Brianna Married on 10/04/2008
    Our experience with Tara Engle Photography was excellent from start to finish! Our wedding photos turned out so amazing, even better than we had hoped! We have so many fabulous photos to cherish forever!