Sapphire Studio Reviews

22 | Bowie, MD

22 Reviews for Sapphire Studio

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Donna · Married on 08/26/2017

Sapphire Studios, Rick and Vivian Smith, did an amazing job with our wedding pictures. They also took our engagement pictures. We have a blended family and they captured the essence of our families character. The special glances that we shared with each other, the laughter, our true deep feelings and intimate moments were captured. Vivian and Rick were amazing! They were so helpful, patient, flexible and easy to work with. We love our pictures - I love the way they made me look and feel - beautiful!

Sent on 10/06/2008

Cheryl · Married on 08/28/2015

We hired Vivian & her son to take our daughter's engagement & wedding photos. I can't say enough nice things about how pleased we were with our experience with this company. Vivian got up before daylight & met the engaged couple at the tidal basin in Washington, DC to take their engagement photos just as the sun was coming up during the Cherry Blossom season. She was on time, professional, fun, and most important...she took beautiful photos! On the day of the wedding, Vivian arrived before the contracted time to be able to scout out the best places to take photos. Both Vivian & her son worked non-stop the entire time snapping hundreds of photos! They were getting all of the right shots while staying in the background. They even set up a computer and had the photos they were taking playing a slide show show so the guests could see the photos too! We can't wait to see the final photos. We know they will be fantastic! You will be extremely pleased if I you choose to work with this photographer. She does excellent work, is flexible, friendly, fun, and her prices are very reasonable. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 09/12/2015

Vivian, Rick, and Preston are so absolutely talented. Our wedding pictures turned out SO wonderful. Better than I had ever hoped for and imagined!!! I could not wait to see them after working with Vivian & Rick for the engagement session and seeing how GREAT those pictures were! I gave them such a long list to work with, and they did so wonderful getting most of I had asked for! It was just great! They captured so many great and memorable moments, posed and candid. I absolutely love the candids and of those "fun" poses!

Sent on 04/23/2014

Jennifer · Married on 03/01/2014

Choosing Vivian Smith as our wedding photographer was one of the best choices we made for our wedding! Everything about the experience working with her was phenomenal. We had the most amazing engagement shoot, and she was really able to very easily bring out the photogenic side of my now husband, who needed a little coaxing to open up and have fun. Half way through the session it started to rain, but that didn't stop us! Vivian continued to snap photos from all angles, while her wonderful son held the umbrella over her and the camera! It was so fun!

We stayed in contact until the wedding. She actually called me about a week before, asking to describe family, friends, and more of the logistics of the day so that she would be prepared. And talk about prepared - she got to the wedding venue before the contracted time to scout out locations for pictures throughout the day. Everyone was complimenting us on the photography throughout the wedding day - they noted that Vivian, Rick and another one of her sons were there, but not obtrusive. They took so many cool shots and really captured the essence and emotions of the day.

When we got the photos back, we were so thrilled. They were amazing - they were able to capture those little moments that really made the day. Even more so, they got pictures of all of the couples and other guests, and even the venue and all the decorations. And Vivian compiled them all in to a wedding album that is a priceless keepsake. I am so grateful that she worked with me to make sure that it was exactly how I wanted - she is so great!

It was really great working with Sapphire Studio. Their professionalism and experience make for such a great experience all around! I could not be happier!

Sent on 06/22/2015
  • DoctorMarriesDeeJay.com

Cary · Married on 02/15/2014

I've known Vivian & Rick Smith for many years, once my wife and I became engaged and began to plan our wedding, I knew that my wife and my future Mother-in-Law would respond really well to certain style and overall level of class of Sapphire's approach to all things "Wedding" and their team beyond fulfills what this is. Vivian listened very carefully to what the groom wanted and to make sure those thing's happened there was a shooter that followed him and the Groomsmen around, of course the Bride and her Bridesmaids had Vivian, and then Rick did a nice balance between the two. There wasn't anything missed, everything was just as we wanted, and we would recommend Vivian over and over to anyone for any style experiencing any wedding. She's just perfect, and on that day her husband, and her son were equally as perfect. Thank you Sapphire for doing an epic job for our dream day!

Sent on 02/21/2016

Terri · Married on 06/01/2012

This was our first wedding of our 3 children and Annapolis destination to boot. Going thru the list of photographers and resume Vivian was the only one who returned my call. She is a true professional ! A joy to work with, and so fortunate to have her take the most important events of our family. And in the next two years we asked her to do our daughter's wedding in Key West and other son's wedding in Chantilly. She and Rick are truly the best! Wonderful people and what a memory she has since our families are so big. Their vision using traditional and unique ideas for each location is fantastic. If I had fourth child I would request their services again, that speaks for itself.

Sent on 01/01/2015

Tammy · Married on 08/19/2011

I can't say enough GREAT things about Sapphire Studio. Our wedding pictures were wonderful! We didn't have just a couple of great pictures we had hundreds. It made it hard for my husband and I to decide which ones we wanted to display in our home. We will be able to look at the pictures years from now and remember everything. They didn't miss a moment! Our wedding was outdoors and after the ceremony during pictures it began to rain. They were able to improvise immediately and began take photos with us under an umberlla. After seeing the pictures, I was actually happy it rained. They were beautiful. They were also very wonderful and fun to work with. My husband was deployed in the Middle East and only returned home a two months before the wedding, they were very understanding with us and they were very flexible when it came to scheduling appointments including our engagement photo shoot. Those pictures where perfect as well, and we had a blast with them that day. I am very grateful we found their services and booked them for our wedding!

Sent on 08/23/2012

Sarah · Married on 06/24/2011

I highly recommend Sapphire Studio. We had lots of family pictures taken, in addition to the regular wedding shots, and everyone felt pampered by Vivian! She worked well with everyone, from a gaggle of pre-schoolers to Grandma to our beloved sheepdog! The end result was amazing--really beautiful and meaningful photographs of our special day.

Sent on 01/09/2012

Carrie · Married on 06/03/2011

Vivian and Rick photographed our wedding at Herrington on the Bay. Our photos are absolutely stunning. By far the best pictures I have seen of myself in my life. They truly look like they are out of a magazine which is exactly what I wanted.
    Vivian and Rick have so many years of experience and they are so good at what they do. You will not be disappointed with their pictures. In addition, their customer service is outstanding. Vivian went above and beyond to make me happy and I was so comfortable with her, I felt like I have known her for years!
    She was flexible with what I wanted and she ensured I got all the pictures I requested on my big day. I can't believe how well they captured the small details of my wedding and they got so many pictures of our families and friends. It was absolutely perfect.
    We also did an engagement session with Vivian and Rick. They let us pick the place and really went the extra mile for us..even sending me more pictures I wanted from that session on DVD at no charge.
    If I ever need pictures in the future, Vivian will be the first person I call. I can promise you, you will not be disappointed with Vivian and Rick. They are super nice, professional, genuine and they truly have the bride and groom's best interest at heart!

Thanks again Viv and Rick..can't wait to see our album!! :)

Sent on 07/05/2011

Samantha · Married on 05/20/2010

Vivian and her husband are wonderful people to work with, they did a wonderful job on both the engagement photos and wedding photos. PROS! they know what you want long before you ever think of it. It was one of the more expensive purchases for the wedding but WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!!
    When we discussed key photos that I wanted, I told her that my father who was 85 we needed to make sure we get photos of him with the entire family because this might be his last family photo. Little did I realize how true that statement would be..He pasted away a week later, when I called her and requested the photos that I knew she had taken I was surprised at all the photos she had taken. They are truly priceless!!!

Sent on 06/17/2010

Jamie · Married on 05/07/2010

Vivian was amazing and we can't thank her enough for the amazing job she did on our wedding. From the first day we met her we were so happy to have found someone who understood exactly what we wanted out of our wedding day. She was with us through this six month process and we could not have been more pleased with everything! You won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 10/14/2010

Cindy · Married on 08/01/2009

We were so pleased to work with Sapphire Studios. They produced an excellent product and were extremely professional.

Sent on 10/18/2010

Lilly · Married on 07/25/2009

Exceptional service, quality, and professionalism. Vivian helped my day run smoothly and beautifully! Definetly worth spending the extra money on this photographer....you will be very very pleased!! We LOVE ALL our pictures!!

Sent on 08/18/2009

Evelyn · Married on 05/02/2009

Vivian Smith is the most fantastic person to work with. Being the mother of the bride I had so much to do and one thing I did not have to worry about was the photographers being where they needed to be and taking the most gorgeous pictures. I would HIGHLY recommend Sapphire Studios to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. I am checking to see if this studio does family portraits and such that is how pleased I am with their work.

Sent on 02/04/2010

Cathy · Married on 01/10/2009

I loved the pictures and had a wonderful experience with Sapphire Studio! I definitely recommend them, especially for the Naval Academy!

Sent on 02/05/2010

Kristina · Married on 01/03/2009

Vivian and her team are amazing!! I can't rave enough about them. They shot our engagement photos and our wedding photos and we had 2 photographers for the engagement session and 3 for the day of the wedding...well worth every $!
    I have had friends who chose more economical photographer and regretted it later because their pictures weren't as they had hoped. I spared no expense on my photographer because you cannot re-capture those special moments on your wedding day!! Vivian and her team caught them all for me & Aaron!
    I would highly recommend her especially if you are planning a Naval Academy wedding...she knows the grounds better than some midshipmen! ;)
    I had a minor concern that because she shoots a lot of weddings at the Naval Academy that my pictures would look like every other brides....NOT THE CASE!...she works with your taste & style!! your picture will be yours!!
    Thanks again Vivian, Rick and the team at Sapphire Studios!!
    Kristina

Sent on 01/16/2009
  • F

Faith · Married on 11/02/2008

I loved Vivian and Rick, they went above and beyond for us and our pictures turned out beautiful. Vivian was more like a friend then a vendor which made me feel completely comfortable and at ease. Outside of our wedding pictures, Vivian took our engagement photos, helped me with a groom's gift for my now husband, made our save the dates, and just created our thank you cards for us. I could not have asked for more in a photographer - they were great!

Sent on 12/05/2008

Michele · Married on 08/08/2010

I had a great experience with Sapphire Studio. They were very willing to work with me to make a deal that was very affordable and exactly what I wanted. Before my wedding, I received a call from them where they went over every detail about my family, my husband's family, and the wedding party to make sure they knew everybody's name and details about sensitive information. They also wanted to verify who should be in the pictures, such as boyfriends/girlfriends of family members. They were very well-prepared and professional. They also had a variety of poses that all turned out very well. The only complaint I have is minor. Some of the photographs were taken on an angle, which I did not like that much because there were some poses that I would have liked to have taken straight on that were not. Other than that, I was extremely happy with Sapphire Studio and would definitely work with them again.

Sent on 10/12/2010

Jacque · Married on 07/13/2013

There really are no words to explain how wonderful Vivian and her husband are. We hired them to take photos at my daughter's wedding, and our expectations were far exceeded. To start with, Vivian actually answered her phone. In this day and age, that alone is amazing. She returned calls promptly, answered questions, and put everyone at ease. Our family, like many others, had a divorce situation, but that didn't throw Vivian at all. She took careful notes of who could be in photo with who....who to avoid in the same pic.... and at the wedding it was smooth as silk. She called everyone by name, everyone felt included, no one felt awkward....and most importantly not the bride---whose parents are divorced. And without further chatting....now let's talk about the photos. Unbelievable. The things she captured....the subtle looks between mother and daughter, between bride and maid of honor, between dad and daughter... and then of course between bride and groom. She got it all...the way she knew what time the sun set....the way her husband took photos of the guys while she was focused on the girls....the flowers, the cake the table setting the dancing.....what a dynamic duo. I just can't say it strongly enough. I was so proud to have her as our photographer and could not recommend her any more enthusiastically.

Sent on 08/04/2013

Becky · Married on 08/30/2008

Great photos! Photos from the engagement shoot were included in our wedding album. We were able to select the photos for our album out of hundreds of beautiful wedding photos. Vivian made special efforts to learn the names of our relatives and wedding party in advance to facilitate the photo shoot after the ceremony.

Sent on 08/16/2009

Laura · Married on 02/02/2008

The photos are absolutely beautiful, and I am very excited about the album which is part of the package. I loved working with these photographers! They were very down to earth and personable. That made it easy to take fun pictures!

Sent on 03/26/2008

Kelly · Married on 06/27/2009

2.0
      3.5

Gorgeous photos and an incredible photo album was provided with the pictures printed on the pages through a company called PhotoBooks. They are an incredible husband and wife team with great communication between them. The only downside was that we didn't get our CD of proofs until a half a year after the wedding, it definitely took a while and the communication between client and photographers was slow.

Sent on 04/07/2010