Rui Barros Photography Reviews

7 | Arlington, VA

7 Reviews for Rui Barros Photography

Donna · Married on 06/30/2018

Rui was the photographer at my son's recent wedding. Professional, kind & considerate are the words that best describe our experience working with Rui. He jumped right into the mix of events as soon as he arrived, knew exactly what shots he was looking to capture, was super kind and had a wonderful personality! He laughed and genuinely seemed to really enjoy his job! It was such a breath of fresh air! I would recommend his services to anyone! Thank you for such a pleasant experience, Rui! God Bless!

Rui is EXCELLENT to work with--he took time to meet with us beforehand, has very reasonable prices and he's one of those vendors that lets you relax because you have the confidence he's got it all under control. We just got our pictures back and there are some great ones to choose from!

Amber · Married on 04/28/2012

Rui photographed my wedding on April 28, 2012. He did such an amazing job from start to finish. He was so professional and made me feel at ease that every shot I wanted he would capture. I live in CA but my wedding was MD. Which made it challenging finding a photographer. I'm so happy I stumbled upon Rui on Wedding Wire. My photos came out beautiful. He captured so much. I've seen wedding with 2-3 photographers that didn't capture as much as he did on his own. He was so sweet and by the end he felt like family. The photo's tell a story and let's me relive that day over and over. Everyone compliments my pics and want to know who he is. Great price and great quality.Thanks Rui for helping to make my day all that I imagined. I can't stop looking at the pics:-)

Antonia · Married on 08/28/2011

Can't say enough good things about Rui and the quality of his photographs. I keep looking at them, impressed and enchanted every time.

He really listened to what we wanted but also offered many suggestions which we ended up taking and he was right. Your wedding day is always such a blur, its so important to have a great photographer. We were very lucky to have had Rui.

• Tanya

Tanya · Married on 06/18/2011

the photographs are phenomenal. Rui, the photographer, is so creative and a joy to work with. he captured such classy/artsy candids and posed pictures that are not cheesy. there were expressions of joy, hilarity and tenderness captured forever on film and in such a tasteful way. packages are very flexible and you can swap some things for others if you need to. he directed our family members and bridal party with ease and professionalism. i would recommend this photographer a thousand times over.

Jennifer · Married on 05/22/2010

We hired Rui to take pictures for both our engagement and wedding. Being new to the process was intimidating, but it was clear that Rui would guide us through the steps. We were so happy with his directions; it made our day that much easier. Rui sat us down, talked about options, and mapped out how to most effectively get all the pictures we wanted.

It was clear that Rui has a lot of experience, but what sets him apart is the passion. His creativity is on display in all of his pictures, and his mind sees things that most don't. This rare ability helped spark some ideas in our mind and heightened our excitement.

He also did his homework, making a site visit and visualizing potential pictures. He listened to our requests, and even made sure that we were aware of the "typical" things. Rui was very thorough in his preparation, which put us at ease. Anyone who has been married knows how important it is on the wedding day to not have to worry about every detail!

Rui did a fantastic job handling our day in a way that we will never forget. He arrived early and brought everything he needed. He understood that he was there to document our day, and not to run it for us. Rui provided us the flexibility to concentrate on the task at hand while he captured memories for us. I cannot understate the calming influence he was during a stressful/exciting day.

The peace of mind of knowing that we would get the wedding of our dreams with pictures to prove it was worth his price alone. As we are now seeing some of the pictures and compiling an album we are realizing how critical Rui was to our wedding day. He is, without a doubt, a true professional. We have already recommended him to friends and will continue to do so. Every wedding couple should be so lucky to have a photographer who invests as much of his time as Rui does!

-Jennie & Chris

Jennifer · Married on 06/13/2009

Rui was great, he actually helped my wedding go smoother even though that's not even his job. He really knows what he's doing and has great creative ideas for every personality of wedding he did my friend's wedding and all the photographs were very her and there is a fantastic combination of playful and classy/ fancy/ romantic for all the weddings that I have seen. He really makes it personal. I was extremely happy with the photographs of our special day! My mom even threw a curve ball to take our huge family portrait last minute (like she has a tendency to do) and he took it all in stride. Thanks Rui!