Pro Motion Entertainment Reviews

36 | San Diego, CA

36 Reviews for Pro Motion Entertainment

Catherine · Married on 12/17/2016

I can't say enough good things about Blake and Pro Motion Entertainment! My wedding was on 12/17/16 (and I'm finally getting to this review, but I haven't forgotten!), PME did the all the visual for my wedding, and when I say visual, I mean taking a very ugly room with brown walls and lighting it up so that when you walked in, you didn't even recognize it as the same space! I was challenged with how to deal with such an ugly space for my reception... I thought about draping it (which is very expensive) or just leaving it. But when Blake said lighting it up would make a huge difference, he was not kidding! I ended up draping one wall (couldn't be avoided), and having PME provide twinkle lights to go over, along with uplighting, and dancefloor/ceiling lights that all made my reception all come together. The expertise that Blake and the PME team have will not lead you astray. They are very professional, friendly,, show up when they say they will and get things done on time. Definitely a team you can trust and I completely recommend them to everyone. And while I didn't use PME to DJ or for audio for my own wedding, I've seen them in action for both of those things and would have used them if I didn't DIY. You can't go wrong with PME! Definitely a trusted vendor if you're looking for one :) Thank you Blake!

Sent on 09/26/2017
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 11/06/2016

Our vision for our wedding was all about lights. We wanted twinkle lights, outside and inside. We wanted this all to happen at a venue that had no twinkle lights on property. My wedding planner, now husband and I searched for about a year before selecting what turned out to be the PERFECT vendor to make my twinkle light vision come true! Blake and his team from Pro Motion were so professional and helpful every step of the way. My wedding planner and I came up with what we wanted the room to look like and Blake executed perfectly. The lights truly made our wedding decor better than I dreamed of. We had people that worked at our venue telling us they had never seen the reception space look so beautiful! Thank you Blake for truly bringing my vision to life! I would recommend Pro Motion to anyone!

Sent on 11/21/2016

Andrew · Married on 10/08/2016

My fiancé and I chose Blake and the Po Motion Team to DJ our wedding. Blake was extremely helpful in planning the night and worked well with the venue to create an amazing experience. The music played all night and the flow from song to song was perfect - the dance floor was never empty. He also provided uplighting and accents to make the venue look amazing. What really set Blake apart was his ability to be a host for our guests; he was involved in welcoming everyone and directed the flow the night very professionally. We couldn't be happier with our experience and recommend him very highly. Thanks for everything!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Pro Motion Entertainment's reply:

Thank you both so much for the great review and feedback! It was a pleasure helping with your AWESOME wedding! Congrats again on the big day.

jamie · Married on 09/24/2016

We are so happy we chose Blake and Pro Motion to DJ our wedding! He was so easy to work with, very accommodating and did a great job both MC'ing the event and with the music selections.

With so many options here in San Diego we are so glad we made the right choice. Blake is the owner/operator so you know who will be there on your big day, he is professional, experienced and the best in the business!

Sent on 10/10/2016

Erin · Married on 07/30/2016

If you want to skip reading a ton of reviews, do yourself a favor and commit to Blake and Pro Motion Entertainment!

Still deciding? Keep reading...

Blake was the perfect DJ for our wedding. He kept the party going! Everyone from our grandparents to our college and high school friends were on the dance floor. We planned our wedding from Hong Kong and Blake even Skyped me a couple weeks before the wedding to do a run through of everything. Super professional. The night of the wedding he checked in with us to make sure we still wanted to do everything on our timeline and was very courteous about making sure everything we wanted was taken care of. We had a few random requests...but Blake definitely helped us out with those too! We had a slide show that went very well. BEAUTIFUL blush uplighting that totally set the mood. My friends made a lot of song requests and Blake was really cool about that too.

Just go with Blake.... You will have the best night of your life!!!

Sent on 09/08/2016

Pro Motion Entertainment's reply:

Wow, that's awesome Erin! Thank you very much for the review and I'm so glad you had such a great day and evening! Your wedding and celebration were incredible, and so were your friends and families. Say hey to Joey for me! Congrats again. ~Blake

Amanda · Married on 03/05/2016

Blake made our wedding perfect!!! From making a dull brown room look beautiful with some magnificent uplighting, to creating a monogram for us that projected on the dance floor. We got compliments all night on how great of a job he did - our dance floor was full the whole night! We wanted our wedding to be upbeat and fun and it was! I could not be more thankful to him for making our day so special. I would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 03/24/2016

Pro Motion Entertainment's reply:

Wow! Thank you so much Amanda! It was such an honor to help you celebrate the big day and I'm glad to hear of all the great things. The room did look awesome, huh!?! Congrats again to the both of you! ~Blake

Dan · Married on 08/10/2015

My wife and I used Blake as our DJ and lighting provider for our wedding August 2015. We are from NJ and had our wedding reception on Coronado Island at the Loews Coronado Bay Resort and our ceremony on Silver Strand Beach nearby. Blake's online planning tools made planning the energy level and music choices from across the country much easier than I could have imagined. Blake was responsive to communication, and flexible with his pricing and packages. The flexible and modern online payment options offered by Pro Motion were also refreshing for an industry that is still rife with "cash or check only" businesses. Blake provided sound services for our ceremony adequately, and was able to stay enough out of the way that my wife did not even know that we had sound reinforcement until I mentioned it the next day. For the reception, Blake went above and beyond in mapping out a tricky lighting situation for our dinner and dancing on an outdoor patio. The lighting came out beautifully, and the pricing for this option was well below several other vendors whom I had provide quotes. Beyond the exemplary service provided during the ceremony and the lighting during the reception, the actual DJ service was second to none. We had a small party of 50 people, and Blake read the crowd the entire night and kept the dance floor occupied from the final bite of dinner until the last dance. I actually had people in my wedding party ask me if I had personally picked all the songs that were played because the selection so closely matched my group's tastes. Blake was also very efficient at judging the reception's investment in the current music choice, and if that interest was fading, he would quickly transition to another song. These quick adjustments were extremely effective, and his beat matching ability on such a short timeframe is a sign of an experienced and talented DJ. I would highly recommend Pro Motion Entertainment for anyone planning their wedding in the SD area.

Sent on 08/20/2015

Cyndie · Married on 06/26/2015

It wasn't a wedding, but it felt like one! I hired Blake and Pro Motion Entertainment for my mom's 80th birthday celebration and I was so glad I did! Blake took photos from the beginning of the party until the end, MC'd the entire event and helped the party flow smoothly. We also had a photo booth which everyone loved! Blake also provided DJ services and lighting. Everyone at the party raved at how great everything looked and how much fun they had at the party. I would HIGHLY recommend Blake for any event!

Sent on 07/14/2015

Blake was incredibly professional but brought a warm fun feeling to our wedding reception as well. He kept in line with all music genres we discussed beforehand and was able to keep our guests engaged the entire time. He was quick at finding the music selections that kept our guests dancing all evening! Blake also did our lighting and I admit, at first I wasn't sure how it would turn out. It was incredibly important to me that our reception stayed classy and elegant leaving behind any "nightclub" feeling with the lighting. I am so glad we trusted his judgement as it just added a beautiful candle like feel to the walls surrounding our event. I would recommend Blake and his company for anyone looking for a fun, professional and classy DJ.

Sent on 05/15/2015

Justin · Married on 04/25/2015

Blake and his team did an absolutely phenomenal job with our wedding! From the ceremony to the music, the lighting and the photo booth, everything he did was loved by us and all of our guests! He was very straightforward with his presentation and will answer every single question that you can think of for a DJ. The photo booth is a must and the pictures afterward turn out great. Thanks Blake!

Sent on 05/03/2015

Pro Motion Entertainment's reply:

Hey Justin & Jen! Congrats again on your wedding, and what a blast! Everything was great and it was our pleasure working with you both! Thanks for the kudos, and thanks again for your service - both of you!

Blake did an awesome job! He was flexible and able to read the crowd well during the reception. He helped move the night along well with the schedule and was super easy to work with! I would recommend him to everyone! We had a photob

Sent on 05/04/2015

Therese · Married on 11/08/2014

Blake provided the DJ and up lighting services for my wedding in Temecula CA in November of this year! I would highly recommend his services. He was extremely professional and offered great suggestions on how to make the wedding timeline and reception layout better! Thank you Blake!

Sent on 11/21/2014

Tekes · Married on 09/27/2014

Best possible wedding DJ available in the San Diego area.

Absolutely no reservations in my endorsement of Blake Miller. Professional, warm, and talented, Blake made my wedding reception and ceremony a seamless event. Too many good things to say in a Yelp review.

Guys: if you have one call to make on your wedding preparations, make DJ Blake Miller that one call

Sent on 06/24/2015

Jenell · Married on 09/13/2014

Blake Miller at ProMotion Entertainment was an absolute pleasure to work with for my wedding! He was very flexible with our requests, had great online resources, and his questionnaires were helpful in what sort of wedding we wanted to have. The dance floor was packed all night! I highly recommend Blake for your next event/DJ services!

Sent on 09/26/2014

Craig · Married on 07/12/2014

Blake Miller is a pro from the beginning to the end of the reception. Handled everything with ease and guided the reception perfect. Thanks for great service.

Sent on 08/12/2014

Pro Motion Entertainment's reply:

Hi Craig. Thank you for the kind words! It was a pleasure to help you both with your Entertainment & Lighting for the evening! Congratulations again and much Love to you both!

Chris · Married on 10/12/2013

We had a number of options, with varied price ranges, when it came to DJ, but as soon as I met Blake, I knew I wanted him as our wedding DJ! We needed uplighting with our venue, so it was a definite plus that he provides tons of lighting options as well -- and gives you a discount if you book with DJ services!

I was referred to Blake through a couple different places, so I knew he came highly recommended. And rightly so. He was a fantastic emcee, and the music was so fun - he really read the crowd. We had all of our guests out shaking their groove thing!

We've heard many compliments on all of our vendors, but so many guests have told us now, 3 months after our wedding, how much they loved our DJ and what a fun time they had at the wedding! So thank you Blake!

Sent on 01/03/2014

Pro Motion Entertainment's reply:

Well hello Chris! Thank you very much for the kind review. I love helping you both with your Entertainment and Lighting. The reception looked wonderful, and everyone had a great time. Much love to you both! Thanks again. ~Blake

Olivia · Married on 07/27/2013

To be fair, Blake is a friend, BUT we also saw him work it at my brother's wedding so we knew what he offered and he was also recommended to me from another friend (whom I met after she was married).

We met our list of recommended DJ's to do our due diligence and not be biased. In the end, we knew Blake was the right choice. You can tell just by meeting him, how hard he will work for you. We hired him as our DJ, to provide us with string lighting at our venue (The SD Botanic Garden in Encinitas), and his wife, Linnea, was our day-of Coordinator. His online forms that are a huge help in the planning process and he answered all my questions, no matter how inane they probably were, via email or phone. We also met with him several times throughout the year-long engagement and the meetings were always very productive.

Fast forward to the wedding weekend - Blake and Linnea conducted the rehearsal efficiently and effectively. Everyone knew what they would be doing on the wedding day and any questions/issues were quickly handled. On our wedding day, they set up our DIY decorations at the venue beautifully. We received a lot of compliments on our dinner music playlist as well as the string lighting and how beautiful it made our reception site. He kept our schedule going and was able to go-with-the-flow when our timeline got off track. The open dance playlist caused our entire dance floor to be filled to the brim. Everyone had so much fun that before we knew it, the wedding was over. They were flexible enough to take our DIY decorations down for us to pick up the next day.

Time flies during the best day/night of your life. We are forever grateful to Blake and Linnea for making it so wonderful.

Sent on 08/07/2013

I couldn’t have asked for a better DJ.

My wedding was PERFECT and it had a lot to do with Blake. I got multiple comments from our guests about how great the music was and how smooth the day went.

Blake read the crow, knew when it was time to move the party along and he kept us on time. Our guests were on the dance floor until the very last song! He has a great voice, very energetic!

There is no doubt that I picked the best DJ in San Diego for our wedding. I am BEYOND happy with the outcome!

Thank you so much Blake!!!!!!

Sent on 07/10/2013
  • User3209995 · 2+ years ago

Blake did an amazing job DJing our wedding! I did all the planning from long distance, and his website made it very easy. The tools on his website were very useful and made everything very clear. Blake was very good at getting back to me quickly when I had questions. He worked with me when my timeline changed and was very flexible. During the actual event, he was very good at reading the crowd and knowing which songs to play and when. If I had to do it again, I would definitaly have him DJ my wedding.

Sent on 04/21/2013

Mehrnoush · Married on 10/06/2012

Blake at Pro Motion Entertainment was great. I found him while doing a search under the venue that I had booked for my wedding (I saw how he changed the atmosphere of the room with his lighting). My whole wedding planning process took less than 2 months. It was really short notice. I sent him an e-mail and had a response from him immediately. Blake is great. His advices are great, he is more than your DJ, light person, he is really a wedding planner too. He is very knowledgeable, friendly, and really goes above and beyond the call of duty which when you are planning a wedding you don't really get that from any vendors. My personal experience was everytime you mentioned the word wedding, the price went up about 20%. Aside from being really friendly, his work speaks for itself. He did an amazing job. I would highly recommend him. Anyone planning a wedding, lighting makes a difference, the atmosphere was amazing and I am glad that I did get the lighting even though it was not in my budget. He also knows the people in the wedding business. He recommended my photographer who turned out to be amazing. I highly recommend him. He was absolutely great.

Sent on 10/15/2012

Pro Motion Entertainment's reply:

Hi Mehrnoush. Thank you for the very kind words! It was great working with you and Erik to enhance your wedding with the lighting! Good luck with everything and congrats again on your wedding!

brigid · Married on 09/15/2012

Blake was absolutely amazing, and I absolutely cannot say enough wonderful things about him. He was honestly one of the very best parts of my wedding.
    Blake created an intimate yet incredibly fun party for our wedding. He really acted as the coordinator for our wedding and did an amazing job. He has some very unique ideas, including an early dance set to get the night started and wonderful sense of what songs to play at what time. Everyone had such an amazing time, and everyone was up and dancing all night long.
    I cannot say how many wonderful compliments i heard about Blake! I am so thankful to Blake for creating the perfect event and would recommend him to anyone who wants to have an AMAZING event.

Sent on 10/10/2012

Pro Motion Entertainment's reply:

Thank you very much, Brigid! What a great wedding! I'm proud to have been a part of it! I had such a pleasure working with you and Jeremy, and getting to know the both of you! Best wishes again!
  • Suzanne

Suzanne · Married on 09/08/2012

Blake was super awesome! He is a true professional. We live out of town from our venue in San Diego and it was great that he was willing to skype with us for our initial wedding event consultation and further correspondences. He did an amazing job as our MC and DJ, most of our guests were literally on the dance floor the whole night. He also has a very organized, user-friendly website/blog where you can see his past events and lighting options. We went with the uplighting (champagne color) and he threw in with our package lighting for the head table and cake which really set the warm yet hip mood for the night. He has a questionnaire to get an idea of the type of music you want played (or not played) and he really listened & honored what we wanted. Thank you Blake for sharing with us your amazing skills and talent!

Sent on 09/28/2012

Pro Motion Entertainment's reply:

Hi Suzanne & William! Wow, thank you very much for the very kind review. It was such a pleasure working with you both! Everything came together perfectly - and the room looked awesome and everyone had a great time from start to finish! You, your families and guests were excellent to work with! Thank you again and I wish you the best!!

James · Married on 05/05/2012

Blake did a truly great job for our wedding. He is professional, knowledgeable and personable and his wedding dj/mc experience really shows. He is very organized and helped us along with the pre-planning, such as putting together the event timeline. He was extremely helpful in coming up with ideas for the ceremony itself, too, which was a huge help for us! Our guests loved the music and as mc Blake did a truly impressive job. Very comfortable, yet professional at the mic. Blake really went the extra mile to help everything come together for an amazing night. To put it lightly, we highly recommend his services!

Sent on 06/16/2012

Pro Motion Entertainment's reply:

Hello Brenda & Jim! Thank you so much for the positive review! I was thrilled to see your big day come together as it did! It looked awesome, and everyone had a great time too - even as we went into "extra innings" ;) Congrats again on your wedding and best wishes to the future!

Emilia · Married on 11/05/2011

We used Blake for our small backyard wedding and he was excellent! He helped us plan out the evening and played great music and made all of the announcements. We received a lot of compliments on the music. He supplied lighting for the patio area, cake and bar too.

Sent on 01/02/2013

Bonnie · Married on 09/24/2011

Blake did a fantastic job at our wedding! He met with us in the week before the wedding to hammer out all the details which was very helpful for a stressed out bride! Blake did our ceremony and reception, and the music was perfect for both. We gave Blake very few requirements about the music, and he chose all the right songs. Blake also did the lighting for the reception room (uplighting and pinspotting on the cake), which was beautiful and very reasonable for the price. He kept the party going throughout the reception, and I had many guests tell me what a great DJ he was!

Sent on 11/03/2011