110 W. 96th St. #8D, Highland Park, NJ 10025 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 2
  • Deals 2
  • Meet the Team

About Sweet Harmony Music

Sweet Harmony is a network of ceremony and cocktail musicians in locations throughout the U.S.! We play warm live music that create memories and helps our brides and grooms feel their special moments. We set high standards of quality and service — because this is your wedding and you deserve it. Our song list ranges from Bach to Broadway to Coldplay to Bollywood to Game of Thrones, and we love to play special requests for you.

Sweet Harmony musicians are highly educated in music and have years of wedding experience. And, we work and play together in ensembles, orchestras, bands, and schools.

Sweet Harmony is fully insured with a general liability policy.

Your quote will include travel, personal amplification, music for your guests and your ceremony, and music planning and consultations to help you build the perfect program. Here is Sweet Harmony's list of instruments (we also have singers):

• Violin
Photo: Dove Photography
Photo: Dove Photography
Photo by Carmencita Pile
Photo by Carmencita Pile
Walking out to string music!
Walking out to string music!
The bride with her musicians!
The bride with her musicians!
Photo by Jennifer Larsen
Pianist Megan with Esli & Luis
Pianist Megan with Esli & Luis
Patty's harp recital!
Patty's harp recital!
Using heaters in November :)
Using heaters in November :)
Violinist Paolo Alberghini
Glenmar Photography
Glenmar Photography
Photo by Chris Anders
Photo by Chris Anders
Perfect for Christmas parties!
Perfect for Christmas parties!
The band for Marie & Ricky!
The band for Marie & Ricky!
Saxophonist Mike Mullan

Videos 15 Videos

234 Reviews for Sweet Harmony Music

• John

John W. · Getting married on 07/09/2021

A beautiful little symphony in the woods

I cannot recommend Tara and her network of top class musicians enough. From start to finish, the experience of booking a string trio for our outdoor wedding was easy, worry-free and fun. The Sweet Harmony website has videos showing what all the instrument combinations sound like, which was so helpful in narrowing down the sound we wanted. My bride and I were able to customize our ceremony and reception song list and were so impressed at how well-rehearsed the trio were down to every detail. We also appreciated their flexibility and poise when we asked to make some last minute changes on the big day. My only regret is not bringing more cash for their tip!

Sent on 11/24/2020

Sweet Harmony Music's reply:

We’re so grateful we could be your wedding musicians, and help you create the day of your dreams! Congrats! -Tara, Susan, Christiana, and Flip

Marissa · Getting married on 07/02/2021

Music for our ceremony

We probably have watched every single video this company has put out. We were looking for a string instrument for our ceremony and we were pointed in this direction. Since day one we have received a very quick response and they are very comparable to others. They make sure to inform you of all the types of music they can play.

Sent on 12/11/2019

Sweet Harmony Music's reply:

Thank you for watching all our videos! We’re so happy to help you choose live music for your wedding.

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Sweet Harmony Music Pricing

Sweet Harmony Music Price Rates

Sweet Harmony Music FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding ceremony music?
    $ 300
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 550
    Ceremony Music
    Learn New Songs
    Sample Music
    Sound/PA System
    Travel Expenses
  • What ceremony music arrangements can you provide?
    Instrumental - Solo
    Instrumental - Duo
    Instrumental - Trio
    String - Trio
    String - Quartet
    Soloist / Vocalist
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)?
  • What instruments does your group play?
    Bagpipes
    Trumpet
    Saxophone
    Viola
    Violin
  • What services do you provide?
    Ceremony Music

2 Real Weddings

2 Wedding Deals & Discounts

• Sweet Harmony Music 1
    Military and Law Enforcement Discount

Please ask for details based on your event. Thank you for your service!

• Sweet Harmony Music 2
    Seasonal Discount for Off-Peak Weddings!
    10% off rates for weddings in January, February, and March. (Does not include New Year's Day or Valentine's Day.) No coupon needed.

Team of Sweet Harmony Music

Tara Bhrushundi

Tara Bhrushundi

Owner

Hi! I'm Tara Bhrushundi, pianist and owner of Sweet Harmony. I live in Manhattan's Upper West Side with my husband Abhishek, and I am dedicated to connecting people through the world of live music.

I grew up in Princeton, New Jersey as a young scholar, athlete, and musician. My father taught me basketball and softball, and I now apply those sports lessons to running my business. Stick to it, work as a team, win when you can and learn when you don't!

I took to jazz piano from age six, loving the sound and creating my own blues songs. My high school had no instrumental music program, so I started and led the school's first official jazz band. I took a roundabout route through college and ended up graduating from Lawrence University in Appleton, Wisconsin with a degree in Chinese.

I then spent two years teaching music and English in the People's Republic of China. I speak the language to this day.

Sweet Harmony was born from two friends in New Jersey who loved music, coming together to play and share music with the world: Heather Teffenhart on violin and me on piano. Our reputation grew, and our network of musicians grew and grew.

It's been 12 years and Sweet Harmony now gets calls from all over the country. I'm more than happy to connect people with excellent local musicians, so you'll have beautiful live music for the important moments in your lives: weddings, birthdays, and celebrations of a thousand types and sizes!

I believe that live music is essential to our lives. It's unique -- it can't be replaced or forgotten. The styles of music change as society evolves, but the peace and inspiration of live music is forever.

I also believe in the principles of business that support the work we musicians do. Honesty, professionalism, compassion, and high standards are my core values.

I earned a Master of Music in Jazz Piano Performance from Rutgers University. Some of my awards include the Pee Wee Russell Jazz Scholarship, the New Jersey Arts Collective Music Composition Contest Grand Prize, and the New Jersey Small Business Development Center Success Award for Sweet Harmony. While at Rutgers, I was chosen as one of eight young female jazz pianists from around the world to participate in the Mary Lou Williams Women in Jazz Workshop at the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC.

I also served for seven years on the nonprofit Board of Directors of the Greater Princeton Steinway Society, which promotes piano scholarship and performance in the community.

If you want some funny and thoughtful adventure stories for a rainy day, here's my RV travel blog from a few years ago. :)

Thanks for taking the time to get to know me and my company. Now it's our turn to get to know you!

+ More Details
- Less Details

• Johnny Herbert Wedding Musicians

I've had the pleasure of working with Tara and other Sweet Harmony musicians several times. They are always professional (arriving on time and ready to rock) and do a beautiful job with the music. I highly recommend them for your wedding.

• Adrienne Knauer Wedding Musicians

Sweet Harmony is a very reliable group of professional musicians that cater to the needs of your event. The organizer, Tara, is great at communicating and very easy to work with. Would highly recommend Sweet Harmony to any couple!

• K.O. Entertainment and Event Planning Services Wedding DJs

Tarah and Sweet Harmony are always professional and accomodating. Their service is unmatched. Will always use Sweet Harmony for all of my live music needs.

• 110 W. 96th St. #8D Highland Park, NJ, 10025 See on map
    609-997-0732 (Phone number)
    Location of (Sweet Harmony Music)