Nathan Schreiber Photography Reviews

8 | Tacoma, WA

8 Reviews for Nathan Schreiber Photography

Elizabeth · Married on 01/21/2012

Nathan did a great job on our wedding photos! He really captured the joy of our day. I was so happy with all his hard work. He was working so hard to capture our photos. We got wonderful group shots with no double chins or closed eyes which I found impressive. He also got many shots of our guests getting down on the dance floor. He is very hands on and will make sure you are standing up straight and you look good so our pictures that last forever will always remember us as beautiful happy and no slouching. :)

Sent on 03/30/2012

Nickie · Married on 03/05/2011

I am so happy that we chose Nathan for our wedding photographer. We received many complements from our guests regarding his helpfulness throughout the day. Not only was he our photographer, he became coordinator and at my friend's request the 3yr old policeman! We are all pleased with the quality of our photos and he delivered on time just as promised.

Sent on 03/30/2011

Tawny · Married on 07/31/2010

Nathan is amazing! So many great shots, not to mention helpful in every aspect of my big day. His hard work is so appreciated. Highly suggest this photographer. Love his work, he also did our engagement pictures.

Sent on 08/27/2010

Molly · Married on 08/08/2009

Nathan Schreiber Photography did a great job with our wedding photos! He and his team worked very well with all the guests and family. The end result was exactly what we wanted, and his professionalism helped my wedding day go smoothly!

Sent on 02/24/2010

Mary · Married on 05/22/2009

Nathan was a great photography. He was able to capture many photos that we never even thought about getting. We wanted a lot of candid pictures and he captured more than enough. He thought of all the right poses and pictures of items we could have ever wanted. Nathan was able to roll with our quirkiness and outlandish ideas. We would recommend Nathan to anyone that needs a great photographer willing to go the extra mile. Thank you Nathan for capturing our special day.

Sent on 08/18/2009

Maggie · Married on 07/18/2009

We got a steal!

Sent on 09/05/2009

Megan · Married on 08/16/2009

He was a great photographer. Got more pictures & poses then we could have ever asked for and he was very creative. He came up with lots of great ideas. My husband was deploying to Iraq not long after are wedding and we got married right in the middle of summer (prime time wedding season) he was booked solid but he made sure that we had the pictures back before he left so we could send some with him.

Sent on 02/24/2010

Jessica · Married on 05/30/2011

2.4
      2.5
      3.5
      3.0
      2.0
      1.0

Maybe I just was unlucky, but I was very unhappy with the quality and professionalism of this photographer. The downside is that I will never again get the chance to have high quality wedding pictures taken, as mine were for the most part ruined.

First things first. Contacting Nathan was always fairly difficult. Often times we waited several days for him to return our phone calls. This should have been our first clue.

Secondly, we told him the exact time frame of our wedding and location very early on. We also told him that we wanted mostly candid photos, but wanted to make sure that we had a handful of large family portraits. During the wedding he came up to me an hour before the end time we gave him and asked me if I was going to wrap the wedding up. People were still dancing, and it was before our send off!

On the wedding day he showed up on time, which I was very thankful for. It wasn't until after the ceremony that I had problems with him. Maybe I need more personal space than other people, but I expect that when someone is going to adjust my dress (fairly close to my breasts) or my hair, that they would warn me before just going for it. Nathan did not do that. He continued to adjust my dress, and my bridesmaids dresses without even saying anything to me or them. One of my bridesmaids had the hanger holder string coming out of her dress and he stuck it down her backside while she was dancing without saying anything. I received several comments from my female guests that said they felt uncomfortable with his adjustments. He continued to say awkward things to all my guests. Even implying to a bridesmaid that she should be careful not to go crazy or be inappropriate. None of my guests were inappropriate by any means.

He also took the majority of our family portraits in front of the dj equipment before I had realized what had happened. We did get some nice shots outside, but since the event location was on a hill, some of the older members of our family could not take the shots outside. I was totally disappointed in the family shots, and I will never be able to get them re-taken.

Several times my father had to get him from sitting down and not taking photos to take candid shots of the family enjoying our day. I have several pictures from other guests with Nathan standing around doing nothing.

I was very disappointed with his work. I felt like he did not want to be taking pictures at my wedding, and the work really showed. I only gave him 3 stars for value, because I guess you get what you pay for. His prices are reasonable, but if he doesn't feel like doing his job that day, then he'll really show it. I would suggest paying more for someone that will treat your day as special as it is for you. After all do you want someone giving you life advice, or taking amazing photos the day of your wedding?

Sent on 09/29/2011