Kleinfeld Bridal Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner

• Danielle
    Danielle Getting married on 05/28/2022

Found my dress on the first try, it was Kismet!

My experience at Kleinfeld’s was beyond amazing. My consultant, Brandi, was absolutely lovely and beyond patient. As a plus size girl it can be daunting to try on dresses made for runway models but Brandi made me feel like nothing was out of reach. She effortlessly helped me with dress after dress, listening to my opinions on them and offering wonderful, constructive and genuine feedback. I went Kleinfeld’s specifically for a trunk show for Enaura bridal and not only did I try on my dream dress but I also got the opportunity to speak directly with designer to make my dress even more special. I had promised myself that I was not going to buy the dress on the first day of searching but all the stars aligned and I couldn’t be happier. I was beyond pleased with my Kleinfeld’s experience and I can’t wait to go back for my fitting!
    Krystin A. Married on 06/02/2021

The Perfect Experience

I cannot say enough good things about my Kleinfeld experience. It 100% lives up to the hype. My wedding "vision" completely changed after my first shopping trip to Kleinfeld, but even though I didn't find a dress on my first try, I knew given the stellar customer service and overall experience, I needed to go back. Kleinfeld's inventory (including countless varying styles, sizes and prices) is mind-blowing. I never felt rushed and felt truly valued and understood.

Above everything else, I could not be more grateful for my consultant. Go with Amber if you're not sure who to request! She is the reason I ended up with the (perfect!) dress I did. She knows bodies, she knows her merchandise, takes her time to get to know you, made me feel totally comfortable, keeps it real - and on top of it all is such a sweetheart.
  • Jan-Delle
    Jan-Delle J. Married on 05/02/2021

Dream Dress

I shopped locally first in RI and MA to get an idea of what style i wanted. I knew in my heart that I had to have a Pnina Tornai so by the time I went during the pandemic both my 1st choice and 2nd choice were there and they pulled both for me. I wasn't able to have family travel up there during the pandemic but Candice made sure I had a great experience. I said yes to my dress and had them do all the alterations as well. I wish I could have experienced it like on the show but downfall of being a Pandemic Bride
    Leah D. Married on 12/06/2019

Gorgeous selection

The Kleinfeld experience is one of a kind. They really do a great job of making your dress shopping and fitting experience as memorable and flawless as possible. The level of service is really impeccable.
    Melissa Married on 09/07/2019
    I want to start by saying I was SO opposed to going to kleinfelds, but my mom was so excited to go there I couldn’t tell her no. I started watching the show maybe 3 weeks prior to my appointment, and after seeing the show I KNEW I had to request Lisa. I have never seen her not be able to find someone the perfect dress so I knew she was who I needed. I found the dress of my DREAMS, a very non traditional unique dress I would have NEVER picked if it wasn’t for Lisa. The dress was strapless which I originally did not want, but figured I could add straps.

Fast forward the week after I said yes to the dress. I found my dress on Pinterest with straps, from an older collection of my designer. I reached out to Lisa who responded instantly. I am now going tomorrow to try on the dress with straps.

If you are on the fence about this place please put all your trust in Lisa, I promise you won’t be disappointed!
  • Caitlin
    Caitlin Married on 07/26/2019

The perfect bridal experience

Beautiful place with amazing people ! Kate listened and really understood what I was looking for. Found my dream dress and I couldn’t be happier !
  • Danielle
    Danielle Married on 06/08/2019

My dress was perfect

They tookcare of me, my dress was shipped from NY to Denver quickly and they worked with me the whole way. Thank you for everything!!!
  • Alison
    Alison Married on 05/26/2019

Amazing experience!

Kleinfeld's was amazing, I did not go here because of Say Yes to the Dress, I honestly have spent most of my time rolling my eyes when getting stuck on watching episodes. I came to Kleinfeld's after going to BHLDN and R.K. Bridal and having multiple personal sources tell me that Kleinfeld's was the way to go. I had a VERY good idea of what I wanted, I had a firm budget (under 2K), and had done the extra "leg work" of going through Kleinfeld's site picking out dresses that were ONLY in my budget to start to be prepared to show my consultant.

There are a few things I feel you MUST do if you want to be prepared for the experience of Kleinfeld's, then I'll talk about my personal experience.
    1. Do not let this be your first place trying on a dress. I needed to get out the nervousness of trying on gowns, the hustle and bustle of bridal shops, and the nakedness lol. Because I had those other experiences, I had a general idea of what to expect at Kleinfeld's.
    2. Make an appointment for early in the day. My appointment was on Mother's Day so I expected it to be crowded but was seen on time. Use the app SpotHero to book a parking spot in the parking garage literally right next to the building, super convenient.
    3. Know your budget and don't lust for dresses outside of your budget. What's the point? You'll always be disappointed.
    4. Do your research! Know what designers you like and the fit you want. Kleinfeld's consultants are known for their expertise, but they are only human. If you're too indecisive, I would not expect to have the most amazing experience.
    5. Know that it's okay to walk away. I had told myself that if I could not find something that I would just walk away empty handed. Being okay with this idea prior to going was helpful. I wouldn't have cared if my consultant was disappointed. This is NYC people, everyone has a tough skin. It's business!
    6. Don't expect to have the salon to yourself. Yes, it's your big day, but it's also other people's big days! I thought it was fun to see other brides and what they looked at and wanted. Don't also expect to look through dresses, you get 90 minutes, let the consultants do their job and pull dresses for you!

Personal experience
    My mom, sister, best friend, and I showed up 15 minutes early to my 9:30 AM appointment on Mother's Day. There was a lot of running around going on because Kleinfeld's had brought in some special vendors for Mother's Day. We waited in the lobby and were offered flower crowns and water. Right about at 9:30 AM, the consultants came out to claim their brides.

I was fortunate enough to be paired with Kate. She was an amazing consultant who asked all the right questions. She asked about the details of my wedding and the look I was going for. This was followed by "Do I have a dress that I need to beat?" I thought this was great because from the get-go she knew that I had another dress that I really liked and competition to live up to. I was a bit nervous so at that moment I let her know I had a strict under 2K budget and showed her pictures on my phone of dresses from their website. She made me feel super comfortable about wearing a bra, no bra whatever.

She quickly returned with two of the dresses I wanted to see and two that were her own idea of what I wanted. I quickly got into my first gown (Maggie Sottero) and headed to the podium. The bridal space is very open so you may be overwhelmed with the groups of women, but it was such a fun atmosphere. You will be sharing a section with another bride, which was a little awkward hopping up on the podium in front of her family and mine, but this is what it is! The other brides family was very sweet so after the initial awkwardness, I just didn't care! Kate examined my reaction and my family and friend's reactions before we returned to the dressing room. I ended up choosing a gown that I had picked out online, but I was very happy with the gowns that Kate pulled for me as well.

Once we knew my first dress was THE DRESS, Kate spent time pulling a veil and belt for me (which I didn't end up purchasing either of these the day of). Once I was all "jacked up" we had a fun moment where she asked me the lovely question and we recorded it for future memories.

Then it was down to business placing the dress order. If you try on a dress in a different color than you order it in be aware that you'll be signing paperwork saying that. Also, I decided to go with alterations through Kleinfeld's which will run you about $1000, but I was told you receive three alteration session - My alterations were done by Anna and she was a master of her craft. She made my dress fit like a glove but I could still sit and dance. She was amazing to work with and I highly recommend the alteration team at Kleinfelds.

One of the vendors was handing out champagne (which is not the norm for Kleinfeld's). It was so fun to sip and relax after the big moment.

I'm so happy I went to Kleinfeld and cannot wait to have my dress!
    Lauren Z. Married on 05/25/2019

Loved Kleinfeld Bridal!

I had an AMAZING experience getting my dress at Kleinfeld Bridal. From my first time trying on dresses to my final fitting, everyone was friendly, helpful, and patient. They worked with me to help me find my perfect dress, and alterations fitted it to me perfectly!
    Emily Married on 04/06/2019
    I had read all the warnings: that it’s way too crowded, that the consultants are just trying to make a sale, that they’ll tell you there aren’t many options in your price range… But my mom and I had watched Say Yes to the Dress enough to want to experience it for ourselves and get some advice from the experts -- even if we might end up getting some ideas and then shopping somewhere cheaper.
    It was wonderful from the first moments. It was busy, but once I was paired with a consultant - Shay, from the show - I never felt that I was less than the first priority. Shay spent several minutes talking with me about the wedding and what kind of dress I was looking for. At other salons these conversations had been quick and appeared to be simply a way of creating a checklist of dress features I wanted; here, Shay seemed to listen actively, inferring my style from what I said and checking his interpretation with me as we went along. He gave me a chance to express some of the worries I had about the process, reassured me, and went off to pull some dresses! I was left to put on a silky robe and drink Kleinfeld-brand bottled water. I won’t lie: it felt fancy.
    Shay pulled amazing dresses -- all within my budget. In additions to styles I’d described, he found dresses in silhouettes I really hadn’t considered, but which had the right overall feel. When he thought something didn’t work for me, he was honest about it - and his opinion of what looked good matched mine. At the end, back in the very first dress Shay had brought out, I was being my cautious, indecisive self - even though my family members and I all *loved* the dress. I was never rushed or pressured to make a decision; instead, I was told would happen next if I chose to come back another time. But I didn’t need to come back: being allowed to stop and think and wear the dress a little longer made me feel confident with my choice. The dress was amazing, and I really felt listened to. It was a fantastic experience.
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 02/23/2019

Amazing Day

I had read plenty of horror stories about shopping at Kleinfeld, many that echo'd the same issues, so I was definitely a little nervous. I went to Kleinfeld for their first Plus Size trunk show, I am on the bottom end of being plus size but definitely wouldn't fit in standard sample sizes. I was still nervous that they wouldn't have something that I liked in my size or that I would feel larger because of a small sample. I couldn't have been more wrong.

My consultant was an absolute doll and took care of all of my concerns. She listened to everything that I said, pulled dresses that fit what I said I wanted, and came back quickly. I thought I knew exactly what I did and didn't want. Did: Not a solid, stark white dress and flowy Didn't: Nothing too form fitting. I put on the dress that I was in love with online and I hated every thing about it. It was terrible and it immediately made me feel extremely self-conscious. My consultant pulled it right off and said no need to show them, this isn't the dress for you. She took the other dresses she pulled and said I'll be right back. I was kinda in shock but I put my robe on and waited a few minutes. She came back with an arm-full of dresses, some kinda similar to the first, some very different. I tried two on and showed them to my group, but they weren't "it". She then had me jump out of my comfort zone and into a form fitting slight fit and flare Sophia Moncelli exclusive that they had just gotten that morning. It fit like a glove and actually zipped. I was in love! I went out and my mom immediately starts crying and I knew it was the dress but I didn't want to call it just yet. I tried on a few other of the same silhoutte, they really know what they are doing because it was definitely much better for me than what I was thinking, but still came back to the Sophia Moncelli so I put it back on. They did everything up, veil, headpiece, flowers, etc. and it was perfect.

The dress was perfect in my venue and amazingly comfortable, I want to keep wearing it!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 12/31/2018
    I had the most amazing Kleinfeld experience. Every person was so beyond helpful!!!
    Daniela G. Married on 11/10/2018

Amazing experience!

I originally went to Kleinfeld Bridal because everyone told me you need to have the Kleinfeld experience. The morning of my appointment, my mother even asked me “do you think you’ll find your dress today” and I responded “I doubt it it’s the first place I am looking”. Well from the moment I walked through their doors the experience was anything but amazing. It started with Antonella, my bridal consultant. She went above and beyond for me! I told her what I normally wear and that I was looking to go outside my norm and try some styles I’d never think of. I also gave her a photo and said “I’d like to see something similar to the photo”. Antonella brought styles outside my norm and did even better than bring me something similar to the photo, she brought me the dress in the photo. After 10-15 dresses, I said yes to the dress to a stunning Pronovias (the dress in the photo). When I returned months later, again I was treated amazing and an accessories consultant helped me find the perfect Christie Lauren veil, in which I added more length. Once I got the e-mail and text message that my dress had arrived, the alterations department helped continue make my experience top notch! My fitter, Maria Molinaro was absolutely amazing and fitted my dress to my body perfectly. Days before my wedding, Akelina (alterations manager), and Rosalita (seamstress supervisor) went above and beyond to make sure my dress was perfect and ready to be taken home for my special day. My Kleinfeld experience exceeded my expectations and everyone I crossed paths with went above and beyond for me. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience from start to finish, so thank you to all for helping me feel and look like royalty on the day of wedding!
    Stefanie Married on 10/05/2018

Just as magical as you think!

Kleinfelds really is all that wonderful and special! From your first consultation, they make you feel one of kind, make sure you feel as comfortable as possible- both with budget and finding the dress that makes you feel most beautiful. I was so lucky to work with Judith who was able to find me a dress better than I could have imagined. My fitting consultant, Delia, was incredible as well. She made the dress perfect for my big day! Fittings definitely were a bit of wait but the employees were always positive and made sure to get you in ASAP. Thank you Kleinfeld for making me feel like a one of a kind bride!
    Dori Married on 09/11/2018
    Sarah helped us to THE best caring and knowledgeable help. She was so patient and positive. Can't say enough good. We were there at prime time on Saturday afternoon, but we were treated to a multitude of dresses all in our price range. Ended up with 3 perfect choices....hard deciding but YES WE SAID YES TO THE DRESS. Thanks again Sarah...you are great!!!
    Lauren Married on 09/02/2018
    I was so happy with my experience at Kleinfeld. I am not someone who watches the show, and didn't know what to expect as far as whether I would "fit in" with the aesthetic of the store. Fortunately, they are completely tailored to each individual bride. Sarah made the process of finding the perfect dress so easy. This was the second place we came to look at dresses. Sarah listened to my likes and dislikes, asked for guidance on price point, and then brought in dresses that she knew may fit what I was looking for. I found a beautiful dress that I'm so happy with, well within budget.

The next piece of the Kleinfeld experience was with alterations. My dress arrived about 6 weeks before the wedding, and I was lucky enough to be paired with Josephine for alterations. I cannot say enough about how AMAZING she is. She made me feel like I was her only customer. She took her time, seeing me over the course of 5 separate fittings (I'm on the small side, so we had quite a few adjustments to make). She made sure every detail was perfect. She taught my brother (and best man) how to bustle the dress. She was patient and kind and incredible at what she does. By the end, she felt like a friend. :)

I would absolutely recommend Kleinfeld to anyone looking at dresses, and definitely would suggest using their in-house alterations.
    Grace Married on 08/04/2018
    I was skeptical about going to kleinfelds - I heard they rush you and apply the sales pressure - but I wound up having the total opposite experience. It was quite a dream to be honest. I had a smaller budget and they worked with me for about 2 hours (we didn't even realize the time flew by). There happened to be a trunk show while I was there and I wound up finding an awesome dress bc of that. The director of the line was in store and gave me a discount. I could not be happier and to be honest can't even believe I was able to get the dress that I got within my budget. Ingrid is a terrific attendant. An added bonus: there was a kleinfeld intern in the room as well to help--so two attendants vs. just one. I felt like they made a big fuss, and I ultimately said yes to the dress. They nailed it!
    Sarah Married on 05/19/2018
    As a fan of Say Yes to the Dress, I dreamed of buying my bridal gown at Kleinfeld. My mother, sister, and I decided to have an adventure and go to New York City for a weekend to go to Kleinfeld. I booked my appointment online and received helpful information via e-mail from Kleinfeld on accommodations, what to expect, and how to prepare for my appointment. On arrival to the store, it was busy, but my appointment felt so personal that I hardly even noticed the other people in the salon! All the staff were so friendly and helpful and willing to answer any questions we had. Judith was my consultant, and she was so wonderful. She was very respectful of my budget and found me gowns that fit my requests perfectly. The gown I ended up falling in love with and purchasing was one that Judith selected that was not what I had requested but that fit my vision perfectly, better than anything I could have described!

Since my appointment, I have received e-mails from the owners of Kleinfeld requesting feedback as well as helpful information about when to expect my dress to arrive, information about fittings, etc. I have been so impressed with Kleinfeld, both through my in-person experience as well as through the correspondence and information I have received via e-mail. My Kleinfeld experience was even greater than what I had even expected, and I cannot wait to return for my fittings. My sister, who accompanied me to my appointment, has already decided that in the future, she will be going to Kleinfeld for her bridal gown.
    Amanda Married on 10/08/2017
    I got the dress of my dreams, end of story! But so much went in to that dress, and I have the team at Kleinfeld to thank for it! It all started when I met Diane, who dared to put me in a dress I felt I was so not worthy of, but she knew it would be the one. First time was the charm (although she showed me some other dresses and let me try and whatever I wanted, we knew the first one was the one)!

The magic really came from Loretta in alterations. She was a master of her craft and worked to make that dress fit me like a glove. She nipped and tucked it in all the right places, and in spots I wouldn’t even have thought to touch but made such a difference in the end!

I am truly grateful to the staff at Kleinfeld for being such an huge part of my big day! Thank you!
    Emily Married on 09/30/2017
    Amazing from beginning to end. I had been to several wedding dress shops throughout NJ and did not feel like I was finding what I was looking for, nor did I feel like I was getting the help and guidance I needed from my bridal consultants at the other salons. When I went to Kleinfeld, I immediately knew I was in good hands! They brought me styles that I was interested in and also helped to guide me toward fits that they knew would fit me well. They helped me find a designer that was better suited to a petite build as well!

My fitting experience was just as magical as my dress shopping experience! Matthew, my fitter, made my dress fit me like a glove. He made sure I was comfortable and that I was in love with every detail. About 1 week before my wedding, I had my final fitting. Upon leaving my appointment I began looking at pictures taken during the fitting and realized I didn't like my bustle. Kleinfeld Alterations Department worked magic and squeezed me in for an emergency appointment that Saturday morning where Matthew changed my bustle and they completed my dress the same day for me to take home! The customer service and quality of work was nothing short of amazing!
    Jennifer Married on 09/01/2017
    Kleinfelds was the first place I visited to look for my wedding gown. I anticipated that it would take several visits to several boutiques before I found the perfect dress. My friend, who had also been to Kleinfeldss, told me she fell in love with her gown upon first visit. Of course I thought I would not be as lucky :) To my surprise, I found my dream dress on my first visit to Kleinfelds as well! They carried such a great selection of designer gowns and there was much to choose from! I couldn't be happier with my dress and can't wait to return in a few months for my first fitting!
    Everything about the experience was magical and my visit to Kleinfelds has been the best experience in all of my wedding planning thus far!
    Amanda Married on 08/25/2017
    I got my dream dress here and was so happy with the staff. Thank you Pnina for creating my dream dress, thank you Rosaria and Ally for helping me choose it, and thank you Matt for my many many fittings and your patience and talent.
    XOXO, Amanda Amore
    Carolena Married on 07/30/2017
    KLEINFELD BRIDAL is definitely the place to go to get your wedding gown. They are very professional and make your first time visit special. I had a wonderful experience specially with my bridal gown consulting SARA OMG she is fabulous. I told her exactly the type of style I wanted for my gown and the moment she took out those dresses to try on I knew she got me. Their services are excellent . I can't wait to go again and get my order bridal accessories.
    Raechelle Married on 07/20/2017
    First off I was very skeptical that I would find THEE dress at Kleinfeld's. Despite being a fan of the show, I have read too many reviews from Bs2B complaining of high pressure sales tactics and the consultant pushing "their vision" instead of trying to meet the bride's vision. Well that wasn't my experience at all. My Mom & I came in on a Thursday at 5:15pm and were greeted warmly by the ladies at the reception desk. I was told my consultant would be Elle and she would be out momentarily. As a fan of the show, her name didn't ring a bell but once I laid eyes upon her I knew exactly who she was & I was a bit star struck. Of all the folks I could have hoped for (again going in with a very skeptical mind) Elle was the one I would have requested but was lucky enough that she was assigned to me. She greeted us very warmly and brought us back to her room. She gave me plenty of opportunity to show her pictures and explain my vision. She chimed in where needed and made my Mom & I feel very comfortable. To make a great story short, Elle pulled 4 dresses based on what I described and all were within my budget of $3k. By the time we got to the 4th dress, I was caught off guard. I never judged any of the dresses based on the hangers and the 4th one just blew me away. Once I made it to the main stage and showed my Mom, the ugly cry face came over me and I couldn't stop rubbing the dress and avoiding myself the mirror b/cevery time I looked at myself, I started to cry. It was crazy - surreal feeling! I have seen at least a 100 other women do "That Cry" on the show, I even shed a few tears myself watching them react and being so happy for their joy/their moment. When it happens to you... you just know you have found THEE one! Mom cried, I cried, Elle got chills! The icing on the cake is Mr. Kleinfeld himself stopped by my podium, genuinely complimented me, took photos with me & even gave me his personal card - WOW! I said, "Yes To The Dress!" - pls give 'em a chance too!

Christin Married on 05/26/2017
    I, like every other bride, wanted to have the Kleinfeld experience when shopping for my wedding dress. I had shopped around at tons of boutiques on Long Island, but couldn't find what I was looking for. I knew that Kleinfeld carried the designer that I was looking for, so I decided to check it out. They were so helpful in knowing exactly what I was looking for and keeping to my budget at the same time! I found my dress on my first trip to Kleinfeld. I also worked with their alterations department. They were wonderful and even created personalized straps for my dress!