John Hartwick Reviews

7 | Washington, DC

7 Reviews for John Hartwick

Laura · Married on 09/10/2016

We found John randomly through a google search, and I decided to reach out! We live in Minneapolis but held our wedding in Duluth, so we were really only able to meet with him once early on. John was so great with us and our ceremony, and so well organized. We were able to put together a short and sweet ceremony script based on other ceremony's he has performed, which really allowed us to create a ceremony that fit our style! We've heard from friends how good of a job he did, and I have to agree! He has a perky personality on the side, he really took our ceremony seriously. I would definitely recommend John as an officiant!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Michelle · Married on 05/21/2016

John was incredible. We were not from the area, but John was flexible in meeting when we did make a trip to Duluth. John helped guide us in creating "our" ceremony, crafted to what best represented us, and our relationship. Our ceremony was more a non-traditional one, but one that was executed beyond expectations. John says he is in charge of the ceremony and he means it from the rehearsal to the special day. This allowed the bride to relax, the day of and let him corral everyone, getting them where they needed to be, at the right time. We highly recommend John and we couldn't be happier with how our ceremony went. Thank you John!!!!

Sent on 06/19/2016

Nicole · Married on 12/18/2015

John Hartwick officiated my wedding in the Greysolon ballroom on 12/18/2015 and he did a fantastic job. He came to our rehearsal the night before and did a quick run through with us. We had kind of a rowdy wedding party and John knew exactly how to handle it. He kept everyone on task and he made sure everyone knew exactly what they were supposed to do. He showed up on time for rehearsal and about an hour before our ceremony to make sure everyone knew where they should be.

There was a minor setback at our venue that delayed our ceremony by about 30 minutes, and John handled everything so I didn't have to stress. My wedding party hung out in the bar area of the venue before the ceremony (to stay hidden), and I had a lot of guests try to get in to get a drink before the ceremony. John hung out by the doors to keep everyone out.

John went above and beyond the job of an officiant. He handles stressful situations so well, and he is very professional. If you're looking for an officiant who is experienced, prompt, and professional, John is your guy.

Sent on 12/22/2015

Melissa · Married on 07/27/2013

John Hartwick did a wonderful job with our ceremony. He was friendly and gave us the ceremony we dreamed of. He has a fantastic personality and we got along well with him from the start. He was easy to get in contact with and flexible to our needs. Our guests all complimented on the wonderful ceremony. We would definitely recommend him to anyone we know!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Amber · Married on 09/10/2012

Excellent! He was so easy to work with. I tend to be quite particular and he was very open to what I wanted. I couldn't have wished for a better officiant. My ceremony was so beautiful.

Sent on 10/17/2012

Katrinna · Married on 01/07/2012

John was great he made the whole ceremony planning and process easy and fun.

Sent on 01/30/2012

Josh · Married on 06/08/2013

The review I found for John that made me contact him said something like, "He was bossing everyone around at the rehearsal, in a friendly way." John said initially he didn't like that review but it's exactly what most of us need. It's our first wedding and we need direction.

John has lots of reference material to help us create our ceremony and he was very helpful. He's good working with everyone on where they should be and directing the ceremony.

My only mini-complaint is that we had a minor scheduling conflict for the rehearsal. My wife and I started planning for a rehearsal around 5:30pm but found out John had a wedding planned during that time and would have to go a couple hours earlier or later. Within a couple days, that conflict was cleared up and we had the rehearsal at our preferred time. John is a hired, professional officiant so it's understandable that he would work multiple weddings in a weekend. My advice for the bride and groom would be to have conversations with him about the rehearsal schedule ahead of time rather than just assuming he's available on your schedule.

Sent on 06/28/2013