Rev. Louis V. Schwebius

626-C Grant Street Herndon Consulting Group, Herndon, VA 20170 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Meet the Team

About Rev. Louis V. Schwebius

Rev. Louis V. Schwebius is an ordained interfaith and non-denominational minister based out of Herndon, Virginia. His goal is for your wedding ceremony to be a joyful, personal and memorable event. He’s happy to perform at commitment ceremonies, vow renewals and civil unions, in addition to weddings. Rev. Louis V. Schwebius is willing to work with couples of all faiths, preferences and spiritual paths.

This passionate minister is licensed in 11 states, including Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C. His ceremonies are usually less than an hour, and he’s experienced in a variety of Christian faiths. He works with each couple one-on-one to create a customized ceremony that reflects their unique needs, values and traditions. In addition to officiating your wedding, Rev. Louis V. Schwebius also offers premarital counseling. If you want to find out if you're a good fit, he offers a free, non-binding initial meeting. Additional services include:

• Ceremony rehearsal
dsc01474

60 Reviews for Rev. Louis V. Schwebius

Beth Mills · Married on 05/04/2020

Best Officiant Ever

We LOVED Rev. Lou! He was personable and funny and he truly cares about you and your marriage. All of the guests at our wedding loved him too! They appreciated not sitting through a boring ceremony. He is open to all faiths, spirituality, sexual orientation, and races. When I got choked up during my vows and couldn't breathe, he cracked a joke which forced me to laugh and then I was back on track to speak. If we had to do it again, we would absolutely choose him!

Sent on 04/17/2019

Lauren · Married on 10/11/2019

Our perfect day

I cannot say enough good things about Rev. Lou. Rev. Lou married my cousins about 7 years ago. I was only about 16/17 years old, had no intentions of getting married, but I remember how amazing my cousins ceremony was. Fast forward to Christmas 2017, when my now husband proposed, and I knew I wanted Rev. Lou to officiate our Fall 2019 wedding. Not only is Rev. Lou flexible, but he is open-minded and truly wants the ceremony to reflect the couple. My husband and I were initially hesitant to participate in pre-marital counseling, but we are so glad that we did. We enjoyed every visit with Rev. Lou and enjoyed breakfast at a near by diner :) Our ceremony was nothing short of PHENOMENAL! Rev. Lou crafted a ceremony that truly reflect us as individuals and as the couple we became. We did not want an overly religious ceremony, but we did want God's presence and Rev. Lou delivered. We received so many compliments from our guests regarding his performance. I will FOREVER recommend Rev. Lou to EVERY couple I know looking for an officiant. Our ceremony was literally perfect, thanks to Rev. Lou.

Sent on 10/18/2019

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Rev. Louis V. Schwebius FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services?
    $ 650
  • Which of the following are included in the price?
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Premarital Counseling
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services?
    $ 500
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?
    $ 50
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)?
    $ 100
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Vow Renewal
    Civil Union
    Single Religion
  • What services do you provide?
    Allow Couples' Own Vows
    Licensed
    Premarital Counseling
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    Agnostic
    No Denomination
    Presbyterian
    Quaker
    Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    Less than 30 mins.
    30-60 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed?
    CA
    NC
    TX
    VA
    WV
  • What languages do you speak?
    English

Team of Rev. Louis V. Schwebius

Rev. Louis Schwebius

Rev. Louis Schwebius

Officiant/Couples' Counselor

I am an ordained interfaith minister currently living in Reston, VA. Prior to ministry, I have had careers as a teacher, an administrator, an actor/singer and as a counselor in the mental health field.

I am a graduate of New York Theological Seminary, where I earned my Master of Divinity degree. (I also have both a Bachelors and a Masters in Education from Rutgers University, NJ.) Additionally, I completed a 2-year advanced certification program in the study of Interfaith Ministry with One Spirit Interfaith Learning Alliance in New York City.

I work a great deal within the Interfaith arena and have served both as a hospital chaplain in NYC and as a parish minister for congregations in NY and NJ prior to moving to Virginia 17 years ago in order to concentrate more on the chaplaincy, pastoral counseling and mental health fields.

I currently work as a Chaplain & Grief Counselor for a Northern Virginia hospice. I am also a certified Transpersonal Hypnotherapist & a Reiki Practitioner and utilize these skills both in my private pastoral counseling practice and with hospice patients suffering from pain issues.

I have been officiating religious ceremonies (weddings, baby blessings/christenings, memorial/interment services) and doing pastoral counseling for the past 27 years. I have a very pluralistic style when it comes to religious ceremonies because I believe that all faiths have truth within them. I have worked with many couples throughout the years who have varying degrees of religion in their lives - everything from devoutly theist to humanist & questioning.

My aim is to collaborate with a couple to obtain their special, individual input on what they would like the ceremony to publicly express about them and their relationship to each other. I do not believe that a wedding ceremony has to lean toward the persuasions of only one religion's point of view and prefer that a ceremony be honest and "spirit-filled" rather than dogmatic. I promise to bring compassion, caring, intelligence, and humor to our work.

+ More Details
- Less Details

• Completely Coordinated, LLC
    Completely Coordinated, LLC Wedding Planners

Rev. Louis Schwebius is a great addition to any wedding. As a Rev. and officiant, Completely Coordinated was lucky to find such a gem. Not only is he great at what he does, but he is very affordable too. Given the amount of time and effort Rev. Schwebius pays to the couple getting married, to the order of the ceremony and even being aware of any and all religious beliefs, you cannot do wrong by having Rev. Schwebius as a vendor for your next wedding. Completely Coordinated would highly recommend Rev. Schwebius simply for his ability to be thorough, energetic, and experienced, but he is easy to work with too. We found that as an officiant there is no on in the business as caring as him for his clients. He will spend at a minimum, 5-10 hours with the couple as wedding prep before marrying them. From this, Rev. Schwebius' passion and dedication to his practice shines through ensuring a very loving and well orchestrated ceremony.

• Splash DJ Wedding DJs

Absolutely loved working with Reverend Louis! Absolute professional and extremely entertaining! Looking forward to our next event together! :)

• Victoria Pictures Wedding Photographers

Very professional and fun! Highly recommended to officiate weddings!

• 626-C Grant Street Herndon Consulting Group, Herndon Consulting Group Herndon, District of Columbia, 20170 See on map
    Location of (Rev. Louis V. Schwebius)