Rev. Louis V. Schwebius

Herndon, VA View map Visit website
2023 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2023 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$750 Typical Price

Rev. Louis V. Schwebius is an ordained interfaith and non-denominational minister based out of Herndon, Virginia. His goal is for your wedding ceremony to be a joyful, personal and memorable event. He’s happy to perform at commitment ceremonies, vow renewals and civil unions, in addition to weddings. Rev. Louis V. Schwebius is willing and able to work with couples of all faiths, preferences and spiritual paths, as well as those who prefer a more non-religious, secular approach.

This passionate minister is licensed in over 11 states, including Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C. His ceremonies are usually less than an hour. He works with each couple one-on-one to create a customized ceremony that reflects their unique needs, values and traditions. In addition to officiating your wedding, Rev. Louis V. Schwebius also offers premarital counseling. If you want to find out if you're a good fit, he offers a free, non-binding initial meeting. Additional services include:

• Ceremony rehearsal
  • LGBT weddings
  • Baby naming
  • Blessing ceremonies
  • Memorial services

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$750

Which of the following are included in the price?

Ceremony Rehearsal
Premarital Counseling

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$600

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?

$75

What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)?

$125

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union

What services do you provide?

Premarital Counseling

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
No Denomination
Presbyterian
Quaker
Unitarian

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.
30-60 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

CA
PA
TX
VA
WV

What languages do you speak?

English
illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

Kyle B. Married on 10/15/2022

Reverend Lou is the Best

Reverend Lou was recommended to us, and we knew he was the officiant for us the first time we met him. Reverent Lou truly enjoys what he does and really enjoys getting to know the couple. He includes very useful and insightful marriage counseling sessions in his rate, and we felt like we got to know and understand each other better. Reverend Lou did an outstanding ceremony and guests raved about what a great job he did and how authentic the ceremony felt. We cannot say enough good things about Reverend Lou and we will recommend him anyone who is looking for an officiant.
  • Greg
    Greg P. Married on 10/08/2022

Best Wedding Decision!

We decided to work with Reverend Louis after having a one hour Zoom call with him. After talking with a couple of other officiants, we knew Reverend Louis would be the right choice for us because of the personal touch he said he would be able to bring to the ceremony versus having one of the other officiants who we didn’t know and who would just fill in the blanks of a standard wedding template.

I cannot overstate how much he delivered on his promise. Reverend Louis was one of the (if not the biggest!) hits of our wedding ceremony at Bluemont Vineyard. At this point, I can no longer count how many people have approached us to tell us how much they adored our officiant. Some of our guests even wanted his contact information to thank him themselves.

I truly feel Reverend Louis had our best interests at heart and wanted to both represent us, support us, and guide us from the moment we met until our wedding day. This was reflected in our ceremony, which was personalized based on our pre-marital counseling sessions. Reverend Louis brought joy to our wedding day and made it feel like what it truly was: a celebration that involved all of our guests.

If you’re wondering whether you should work with Reverend Louis, please don’t hesitate–working with him was one of our best wedding decisions and helped to make our wedding day one we’ll never forget.
  • illustration stars

Team

Rev. Louis Schwebius
Rev. Louis Schwebius
Officiant/Couples' Counselor

I am an ordained interfaith minister currently living in Reston, VA. Prior to ministry, I have had careers as a teacher, an administrator, an actor/singer and as a counselor in the mental health field.

I am a graduate of New York Theological Seminary, where I earned my Master of Divinity degree. (I also have both a Bachelors and a Masters in Education from Rutgers University, NJ.) Additionally, I completed a 2-year advanced certification program in the study of Interfaith Ministry with One Spirit Interfaith Learning Alliance in New York City.

I work a great deal within the Interfaith arena and have served both as a hospital chaplain in NYC and as a parish minister for congregations in NY and NJ prior to moving to Virginia over 19 years ago in order to concentrate more on the chaplaincy, pastoral counseling and mental health fields.

I currently work as a certified Regional Grief Counselor and Chaplain for a Northern Virginia hospice. I am also a certified Transpersonal Hypnotherapist & a Reiki Practitioner and utilize these skills both in my private pastoral counseling practice and with hospice patients suffering from pain issues.

I have been officiating religious ceremonies (weddings, baby blessings/christenings, memorial/interment services) and doing pastoral counseling for the past 29 years. I have a very pluralistic style when it comes to religious ceremonies because I believe that all faiths have truth within them. I have worked with many couples throughout the years who have varying degrees of religion in their lives - everything from devoutly theist to humanist & questioning.

My aim is to collaborate with a couple to obtain their special, individual input on what they would like the ceremony to publicly express about them and their relationship to each other. I do not believe that a wedding ceremony has to lean toward the persuasions of only one religion's point of view and prefer that a ceremony be honest and "spirit-filled" rather than dogmatic. I promise to bring compassion, caring, intelligence, and humor to our work.

Completely Coordinated, LLC Completely Coordinated, LLC Wedding Planners

Rev. Louis Schwebius is a great addition to any wedding. As a Rev. and officiant, Completely Coordinated was lucky to find such a gem. Not only is he great at what he does, but he is very affordable too. Given the amount of time and effort Rev. Schwebius pays to the couple getting married, to the order of the ceremony and even being aware of any and all religious beliefs, you cannot do wrong by having Rev. Schwebius as a vendor for your next wedding. Completely Coordinated would highly recommend Rev. Schwebius simply for his ability to be thorough, energetic, and experienced, but he is easy to work with too. We found that as an officiant there is no on in the business as caring as him for his clients. He will spend at a minimum, 5-10 hours with the couple as wedding prep before marrying them. From this, Rev. Schwebius' passion and dedication to his practice shines through ensuring a very loving and well orchestrated ceremony.

Splash DJ Splash DJ Wedding DJs

Absolutely loved working with Reverend Louis! Absolute professional and extremely entertaining! Looking forward to our next event together! :)

Victoria Pictures Victoria Pictures Wedding Photographers

Very professional and fun! Highly recommended to officiate weddings!

Timmester Photography
· Wedding Officiants
GS Productions Entertainment
5.0 out of 5 rating , 275 Reviews
· Wedding DJs

626-C Grant Street Herndon Consulting Group, Herndon Consulting Group Herndon, VA, 20170
Location of (Rev. Louis V. Schwebius)

Other vendors in Washington DC for your wedding